Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdf_2108 View Post
I feel like people forget how good this guy was in Detroit in 2006/2007. He obviously didn't have a great year with the 2008 lions/cowboys but I feel like circumstances were heavily against him.

He's at that sweet-spot age for receivers and he'll be way more adjusted to the cowboys offense and be their only legit #1 target.

Two receivers make 1st Team All Pro right? I bet it's gonna be amongst CJ, Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, and Moss (if only cuz of brady). Steve smith and boldin are past their peaks, don't think bowe/marshall are as polished yet plus they are on some shaky offenses.
Steve Smith will punch your baby in the face, then eat it's flesh raw. How that for past his peak?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:58 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdf_2108 View Post
I feel like people forget how good this guy was in Detroit in 2006/2007. He obviously didn't have a great year with the 2008 lions/cowboys but I feel like circumstances were heavily against him.

He's at that sweet-spot age for receivers and he'll be way more adjusted to the cowboys offense and be their only legit #1 target.

Two receivers make 1st Team All Pro right? I bet it's gonna be amongst CJ, Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, and Moss (if only cuz of brady). Steve smith and boldin are past their peaks, don't think bowe/marshall are as polished yet plus they are on some shaky offenses.
Roy Williams in due time will be go down as one of the biggest trade blunders in franchise sports history. The guy is an absolute bust and in time people are going to see that. He couldn't get separation in college and he can't do it now. That would make 3 out 4 WRs taken by the Lions in the top 10 turn out to be utter failures. I'm stunned they got a first, third and a sixth for a bust. It's one of the worst trades I've ever heard of, then the Cowboys compound that by giving him a huge contract.

If anyone from the group you listed thats about to emerge its Dwayne Bowe (then again from what you said, I don't think you have a clue as to what you're talking about). He's not going to be in a shaky offense. The Chiefs will have one of the best schemes in the NFL and pretty much the only fit that will make Cassel the player he's paid to be.

Roy will be cut in two years. Out of the NFL in 4... max. I really believe that. I think he's absolutely garbage. I've always thought that. Sweed was much better and for whatever reason went were he was supposed to and Williams didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:44 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All Pro? He's got to get past Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, I dare say DeSean Jackson could be right in the mix as well. He'll probably be up there, but realistically speaking he's fighting an uphill battle even for a probowl spot.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:16 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
All Pro? He's got to get past Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, I dare say DeSean Jackson could be right in the mix as well. He'll probably be up there, but realistically speaking he's fighting an uphill battle even for a probowl spot.
He's a Cowboy, so that means he'll go to the pro bowl even if he doesn't deserve to.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:09 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Williams drops way too many balls, runs terrible routes and has suck attacks when things aren't going his way. Not only will he not even make the Pro Bowl, but unless Jason Witten has an absolute monster year (100 grabs / 10 scores ++), Roy may end up being responsible for keeping Romo out of the Pro Bowl too.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I think you're underrating Williams a bit now. DeShean is good, but Roy is still better than him.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I think you're underrating Williams a bit now. DeShean is good, but Roy is still better than him.
DeSean had over twice the amount of yards that Roy had last year.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Williams also played a fourth of the season with Detroit, and was hurt for most of the rest of the season, on a team with Terrell Owens and Jason Witten.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Williams also played a fourth of the season with Detroit, and was hurt for most of the rest of the season, on a team with Terrell Owens and Jason Witten.
what he said. Also DeSean was one of the only targets to Donavan McNabb (who had a line and a run offense to fall back on if need be)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
He played in Detroit for some of last year and while he was there CJ was getting all the balls thrown his way.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Speaking of hurt, Has RW ever made it through a whole season without being dinged up in one way or anouther? Guy has talent that he shows for the big sportscenter play but he lacks the focus to be consistent. I watched every game he played for the Lions and if being home playing for Dallas can somehow turn the light on he could be one of the best. My thinking is he is lights out for 5 games then gets dinged and floats the rest of the season.

That all being said one thing I always liked about RW is he isnt a headcase WR making headlines every week. He tends to be somewhat of a selfadmited Dork. Oh and he doesn't know what to tip the pizza guy.

He should be a good face for the Dallas cowboys even if he doesn't live up to the trade value it took to get him.
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Somse
Rookie

Somse smells like sex panther.

Williams is overrated. One 1000+ yard season in 6 seasons. People talk about him like he's an elite receiver but I realistically think he's a quality #2, at least until he develops more consistency.
Somse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, that is why his number were absolute crap. Calvin found a way to get it done. Consistently being injured is an excuse? Playing on a team with other talented players who can draw away coverage is an excuse? Being the only target that people can focus on (DeSean) is an advantage?

People need to look at the facts, and those show that he is not consistently at a level that deserves the recognition and attention that he has been given. He has some nice catches, but what did they matter? What is his body of work? Not very impressive. Consistently missing games due to injuries isn't a reason to be optimistic, it is a concern! Until he does something, he is an overhyped guy who has never lived up to his draft position, contract, or trade value. Simply put.

An offseason spent with the Cowboys and learning the offense and getting on the same page as Romo to be the #1 WR option will be great to better evaluate him, but his numbers from last year after the trade are beyond what an excuse for dropped production should be, they were straight up bad. Given what we have to go from in the past, this should be a concern, not reason for optimism. He will be given every chance to succeed in Dallas, they gave up a lot for him, and made some moves that have put all the marbles in his basket. For good or bad, they will ride him. Hopefully he finally lives up to the hype he has been given, but simply put, has not lived up to for an entire season. If he gets injured, like he usually does, they are awfully thin at WR. Can you rely on this guy to be your consistent #1 for an entire season? The next 2 seasons will be the ones that determine his career, his last chance to show he's a legit #1 target on a good offense. No longer is the excuse 'he was on the Lions'.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Exactly, I still don't understand why everyone considers him a bust after half a season with the Cowboys???

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bendert58
Rookie

bendert58 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As a guy who has watched him for his entire stay in Detroit, he is a guy with great talent who just doesnt live up to the hype. He'll make some sick catches and you'll think that he is unstoppable, but once you count on him to make a catch he becomes Mr. Drops. Its not like Jon Kitna was hitting him in stride, but if you are paid to catch a ball, you better catch the ball. Good luck Cowboy fans, I'm much happier with Calvin.
bendert58 is offline   Reply With Quote