Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default "tampa" 2

why do people call it the tampa 2 when i read that the steelers and chuck knoll made it. someone please inform me
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because Tampa rules the world :D

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby
Because you touch yourself at night

your still bitter huh
maybe next time youll actually win
oh well
who did u complain to this time after the bears won
? and also chill out rookie
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: "tampa" 2

Quote:
why do people call it the tampa 2 when i read that the steelers and chuck knoll made it. someone please inform me
I would guess that it's because it didn't become as widely known and popular as it is now until Tony Dungy and the Bucs had so much success with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Tampa 2, perfected by Dungy and Kiffin, is a variation of the Cover 2 in which the middle linebacker drops into a semi-deep zone as opposed to a smaller inside zone equal to the outside linebackers.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: "tampa" 2

Quote:
Other teams probably used all the named offensive and defensive schemes, for a play or 2, before the coach or team they are named after.

The Tampa 2 might have been used by other teams AS A DEFENSE. When it was first utilized as a base defense, brilliantly I might add in Tampa. Is why the defence is so named.

Who invented the Tampa 2 is a completely other question, the guy was a genius.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

as far as I'm concerned, it's called the Cover 2 defense, although when dungy uses it it's slightly diffrent (hence the name Tampa 2). But other coaches use this same d, Lovie, Tomlin, etc. and just call it the cover 2.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

And it's the most vanilla defense I've ever seen, I hate it.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
It is actually brilliant. Very few teams have the type of execution needed to beat it. You just give up the short passes and make the offense make a play.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vanilla is the most popular flavor of ice cream.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
lsantaoe

I think it's because the Steelers and Chuck Knoll made the Cover 2, and then Dungy edited it for the Tampa 2 (MLB drops deeper).
Old 02-24-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
The system with any NFL defense or offense is perfect... Its the execution that seldom is.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite
Quote:
Quote:
The system with any NFL defense or offense is perfect... Its the execution that seldom is.
Well said young man.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's called the Tampa 2 becuae it was perfected in Tampa.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
confusedjake

I thought i heard somewhere that Dungy and Monte Kiffin actually devolped it when they were coaching in Minnesota, but idk if thats true or not. If it is true, it isnt the first time that a system was devolped in one area and named in a different area. Bill Walsh devolped the west coast offense when he was a coach for the bengals.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite
Quote:
Quote:
Well said young man.
That's a good point. I don't like it because it's too finesse, it's boring, corners line up in zone all the time, making them look better than they are, it's too set in stone with coaches rarely making adjustments, the defense looks the same week in and week out.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote