Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-09-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Bottom line? You don't get booed unless you matter. Nobody boos the Baltimore Orioles when they're on the road because nobody cares. Oriole fans are a symbol of what's wrong with America. Jealousy, anger, and resentment toward the successful people. Oriole fans, you may not be sharp enough to get this, but you just validated Teixeira and validated why nobody talks about you on the radio. Orioles fan, you may think you won last night, but you came across as small, angry, petty, clueless, and phony"

Colin Cowherd is a tool
Anyone think he has a point???? I think he just doesn't know how bad we wanted Tex and how much we were lead to believe we had a legit shot.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tough loss today. still ill take 2-1 against the yanks in a series any day.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Anyone think he has a point???? I think he just doesn't know how bad we wanted Tex and how much we were lead to believe we had a legit shot.
He has no point, Mark Teixeira is a phony and he got everything he deserved. It's our rights as fans to Boo if we want to, we paid to be there. I guess the national media just wants us to roll out the red carpet for the Yankees, Sox, and their fans by letting them take over our stadium every time they come to town.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya if a big FA was acting like he was going to go to the Yankees then went to the Sox and the Yankees booed would he be saying the Yankees didnt matter?
Old 04-10-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only person on earth who is beyond excited that we didnt waste $180 million on Texeira?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya it is starting to look like a good idea, Huff puts up similar #s for a lesser price. Plus we were able to re-sign Markakis and Roberts instead of signing Texeira. But it is fun to boo everything yankees
Old 04-13-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

congrats Felix for your 1st HR all season!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

ravensfan3jt smells like sex panther.

ya felix!!!! offense looks great
Old 04-13-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I went to the student night game vs the rays. Great weather, good time with some friends.

And they won 5-4, Longoria is a beast though.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
congrats Felix for your 1st HR all season!!!
What was better than the homerun was the sprint around the bases after he hit it, the dude can fly.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes I was laughing the way he was sprinting. Pie can develop his hitting, if he can hit .270 then we would have a amazing outfield for the next 10 years. Jones and Markakis are already beasts, if he turns out OMG.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yes I was laughing the way he was sprinting. Pie can develop his hitting, if he can hit .270 then we would have a amazing outfield for the next 10 years. Jones and Markakis are already beasts, if he turns out OMG.
The problem with Pie is, he hasn't looked that great defensively, which can probably be contributed from switching from CF to LF. He misjudges the distance in which some balls are hit and takes bad angles, I assume he will adjust as he gets more time out there. The guy has all the tools you'd want in a player and his hitting is developing at a rapid pace.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

thats true, who is going to replace mora at 3rd base when he leaves? who will replace huff at first? just wanna hear opinions,

brandon snydeR?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensfan3jt View Post
thats true, who is going to replace mora at 3rd base when he leaves? who will replace huff at first? just wanna hear opinions,

brandon snydeR?
Wouldn't be surprised if we extend both players, I know for a fact Mora wants to end his career in Baltimore, he doesn't want to uproot his (large) family. If both walk my guess would be, Snyber at 1B, he's really improved over the last few years, and a platoon of Wigginton and Scott Moore at 3B with Wigginton also playing the utility role bouncing between 1B/3B/DH. If Mora is gone I'd like to see us bring in Adrian Beltre as his replacement.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Snyder has improved throughout the years and has shown he can play either 1st or 3rd. I feel it depends on what the coaches and front office feel. I believe we have the 5th pick this year, we may go for 3rd and let them develop to replace Mora. Having Snyder be 1st. Where does everyone else want us to go w/ this years draft?
Old 04-14-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Snyder has improved throughout the years and has shown he can play either 1st or 3rd. I feel it depends on what the coaches and front office feel. I believe we have the 5th pick this year, we may go for 3rd and let them develop to replace Mora. Having Snyder be 1st. Where does everyone else want us to go w/ this years draft?
1st and foremost you never want to go into the MLB draft, drafting due to need, always take the BPA, with that said...I am praying everyday that with the 5th pick the Orioles select SS Grant Green from USC. Early in the year he was projected top 2-4 but recently some scouts have soured on him, I still think he goes in the 2-4 range. If not Green, I'd hope Alex White or Dustin Ackley are at our pick. As the draft gets closer and closer I have a gut feeling that we take Aaron Crow, I think the draft falls out like this....

1. Strasburg (obviously)

with these players going next: (in no specific order)
RHSP- Alex White
SS/3B?-Grant Green
1B/OF- Dustin Ackley

If this happened, I think Crow would be the pick, don't hate the idea of taking him, but not completely in love with it either. I wouldn't mind OF Donovan Tate, not really a need but the dude is a flat out stud, dare I say Jason Heyward like potential.

My sleeper is DJ LeMahieu SS LSU, really like what this guy brings to the table, he'd be a reach at 5, but I'd love to see him drop to our 2nd rounder.

All in all the Baseball draft is terribly hard to predict so all these jibber jabber could change drastically come June.

Also Snyders future is at 1B, he is a defensive liability at 3B IMO
Old 04-14-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fun trivia fact, The Ballpark At Arlington is the only stadium that ive been in where it was just me 3 friends of mine and a tour guide!! During the great Ravens/Cowboys Dallas Trip of 08!!!! Did I ever show you guys the pics on here?

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Fun trivia fact, The Ballpark At Arlington is the only stadium that ive been in where it was just me 3 friends of mine and a tour guide!! During the great Ravens/Cowboys Dallas Trip of 08!!!! Did I ever show you guys the pics on here?
Even if you did I didn't see them. Also I love your sig and I would be jealous but my sig is awesome as well ;)
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 04-14-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

R/W/O we can agree that stephenson makes ill sigs.

and ERU I didnt remember you posting those pics.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

i love ur sig adam jones=future star
Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Adam Jones with the HR in the 10th I love it!!!
John Wall
Old 04-14-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

R/W/O now you see why I've been pimping Adam Jones to you since the moment we traded for him!

George Sherrill really needs to quit playing with my emotions, he lets teams get way to close before slamming the door shut.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

helluva game... ol flat hat makes it interesting like always

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
helluva game... ol flat hat makes it interesting like always
The Brim ******* Reaper!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
The Brim ******* Reaper!
lol classic.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote