Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-21-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
I didn't watch the fight but i heard Holyfield got robbed.
I watched it, the fight was bad and the judging was worse.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone watch berto-collazo?

good fight, lots of action

berto won, but the one judge screwed up the scoring; had it 116-111 for berto (with a berto point deduction); other 2 had it 114-113 (which was the right score, and could have gone either way)

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Margarito v. Mosley tonight.

I'll be drunk and rooting hard for Margarito.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

margarito caught using illegal wraps

go mosley!

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 01-24-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

margarito knocked down at end of 8

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 01-24-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

Mosely wins by knockout!!!!

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 01-24-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really thought Margarito would put the hurt on Mosley, but Mosley tore him up from start to finish.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shane Mosley is my hero. Wit all those distractions he had goin on, its hard not to be extremely happy for him. He looked incredible.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mosley just wrecked ass. haha. Didnt think I'd see Margarito backing off and defeated mentally. Excellent fight for Sugar.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe Margarito got destroyed so badly. So sad.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Mose. Also glad Pacman signed the fight, he's gonna crush that little Brit.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...898718,00.html

Joe Clazaghe officially calls it quits. It was always going to happen but I would have liked him to have fought Carl Froch, could've been a good fight.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...898718,00.html

Joe Clazaghe officially calls it quits. It was always going to happen but I would have liked him to have fought Carl Froch, could've been a good fight.
Calzaghe would have dismantled Froch
Old 04-12-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who else saw paul williams kick the **** out of winky wright?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm disappointed I missed it, I was beat. I'll check out the replay soon enough.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-12-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hate Paul Williams.......he will be top 5 p4p, but I hate him sooooooo much. He's just a freak.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm disappointed I missed it, I was beat. I'll check out the replay soon enough.
didnt miss much......typical paul williams.....maybe he showed some improved head movement, thats about it tho. Same style: high work rate, no huge power. Paul Williams is what he is imo......I dont see him changing much. Not that it matters becaus he is a nightmare for anyone........
Old 04-12-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, I agree...Paul is what he is but, he's still a joy to watch.

Anyone else like that pretty boy Floyd commercial? haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-13-2009, 04:44 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah, I agree...Paul is what he is but, he's still a joy to watch.

Anyone else like that pretty boy Floyd commercial? haha.
He'd be more fun to watch if he could get good fights. I hate that fighers aviod Williams because he's a bad match-up for them.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
He'd be more fun to watch if he could get good fights. I hate that fighers aviod Williams because he's a bad match-up for them.
meh......why would fighters take a fight they will probably lose for almost no money? Paul williams isnt a big draw, at all........cant hate on a guy for trying to make as much money as possible. A boxing career is fleeting. If Paul Williams actually was a draw: I could see your argument, but no top notch fighter that is actually a draw will fight williams, as well they shouldnt at this point.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:24 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
meh......why would fighters take a fight they will probably lose for almost no money? Paul williams isnt a big draw, at all........cant hate on a guy for trying to make as much money as possible. A boxing career is fleeting. If Paul Williams actually was a draw: I could see your argument, but no top notch fighter that is actually a draw will fight williams, as well they shouldnt at this point.
I think that Williams could be very popular and a huge draw if he was given the chance to to compete in big fights. That's how most guys get popular is winning big fights. Which Williams never gets the chance to fight in, even though he has earned it.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
I think that Williams could be very popular and a huge draw if he was given the chance to to compete in big fights. That's how most guys get popular is winning big fights. Which Williams never gets the chance to fight in, even though he has earned it.
I dont disagree with u that he could be popular, but I am saying it makes no sense for a top draw to fight him right now as they will earn less money and will be getting a harder fight. Why take it? If they win only hardcore fans know it was a huge win and if they lose its a major setback in their career and they risk retiring with millions less (one mega fight can make all the difference). He had his chance.....after the win vs. Margo (which was a pretty big fight) it was all set up for his rise as a main draw. People were getting excited and soon the public outcry was going to be enough to force guys to fight him, then he had what was supposed to be a tune up vs Quintana and he lost clearly and lost a ton of momentum. Granted he destroyed him in the rematch, still tho.......if he can keep winning people will have to fight him, but until the public demands it strongly enough: its not going to happen and rightfully so. Modern sport, especially boxing, works on money: One thing PBF does have right is the saying: If it makes dollars, it makes sense.......a fight with Williams doesnt make either right now.

And also, you say most guys get popular by winning by winning big fights, which is only somewhat true. Its 50% substance, 50% hype. You have to deliver on the hype, but nobody knows who williams is. I bet you Victor Ortiz sells more than P-Dub right now just because Golden Boy has hyped him up. Same with all the huge prospects that have been on PPV undercards all the way up. They make the money, they are the draw, so big names will fight them. Then if they win that big fight a superstar is born. P-Dub doesnt make the money and isnt a huge draw, so its going to be way tougher for him to get a big fight.....as it should be

Last edited by Rob S : 04-13-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

juan manuel marquez vs floyd mayweather

not 100% official though

july 18

marquez #2 p4p vs former #1 p4p

but marquez is much smaller (fights at 135)

hope this is just a warm-up fight for floyd (hasnt fought in 1.5 yrs) and he fights mosley, cotto, or pac-man

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=19631

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Mayweather fight Pacquiao.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I would love to see Mayweather fight Pacquiao.
Me 2. I want Mayweather to fight Williams though but that will never happen. I heart me some FMJr :)
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote