Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-12-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Report: Chiefs, LB Thomas agree to deal

ESPN.com news services

The Kansas City Chiefs and seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker Zach Thomas have agreed to a contract, The Kansas City Star has reported.

Thomas, 36, started 14 of 16 games for the Dallas Cowboys in 2008 during his 13th NFL season, recording 94 tackles, 65 of which came solo.

Thomas rounds out a linebacker corps that includes four-year veteran Derrick Johnson and Mike Vrabel.

The Chiefs acquired Vrabel from the New England Patriots in a February trade that brought quarterback Matt Cassel to Kansas City for a second-round draft pick.

Thomas spent the first 12 years of his career with the Miami Dolphins, with whom he was named to his last Pro Bowl in 2006 before missing 11 games with migraine headaches resulting from an auto accident in 2007.

Thomas made off-the-field news in March when he told The Dallas Morning News that his wife, Maritza, was handcuffed and spent about three hours in jail in July 2008 after Dallas police officer Robert Powell pulled her over for an illegal U-turn.

Powell, who has resigned, stopped Houston Texans running back Ryan Moats last month for running a red light on his way to the hospital to see his dying mother-in-law. Powell detained Moats for more than 10 minutes, in which time his mother-in-law died.

"We wanted to tell our story, not knowing how many others have been affected by Officer Powell," Thomas told the newspaper. "We know the vast majority of the Dallas police force are good and professional people, but this guy just seems excessive."

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Veteran middle linebacker Zach Thomas signed a one-year, $2 million contract with the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. Thomas is projected to start at inside linebacker for Kansas City.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda feel like we're turning into the AARP of the NFL.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you go back to when Pioli first got to New England this is similair to what they did
Old 04-13-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Look at New England, Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel...and they win Super Bowl's so I am not one to argue with Pioli at all. We've tried the young thing, and we saw how that worked out.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
Look at New England, Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel...and they win Super Bowl's so I am not one to argue with Pioli at all. We've tried the young thing, and we saw how that worked out.
We tried it for what, a year? And even though we have signed a few "older veterans" we're still going to be one of the youngest teams in the NFL. I strongly believe in the youth movement and if we completely abandon that I'm not sure we'll be as good as we could be.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
We tried it for what, a year? And even though we have signed a few "older veterans" we're still going to be one of the youngest teams in the NFL. I strongly believe in the youth movement and if we completely abandon that I'm not sure we'll be as good as we could be.
Oh I agree about being young, but I also think we were probably TOO young.

At the same time we are adding all these veterans, we aren't getting rid of any young players.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was a rumor (that I haven't seen verified) that we released Will Franklin, who is young and who we drafted LAST YEAR. If we signed Engram and got rid of Franklin then that'd totally be the opposite of what we want.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
There was a rumor (that I haven't seen verified) that we released Will Franklin, who is young and who we drafted LAST YEAR. If we signed Engram and got rid of Franklin then that'd totally be the opposite of what we want.
I agree about Will Franklin. I thought he had big upside. At the same rate though, I did think they needed a better veteran WR to help along a Dwayne Bowe. I like the Engram signing, if used right that is.

I don't know how Jeff Webb and Devard Darling made it before Franklin did. This is my opinion but any other fans not impressed with Darling? I'm ready to part ways with him.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I was never impressed with him. He was signed because he had ties to our old WR coach. Never liked him to begin with.

Oh well.