Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-14-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Anybody like Scott's mock for us?
To me, Scott's mock is the best of what I like to call the worst case scenarios. It could be worse. Replace Louis Murphy with Derrick Williams and I will be in tears. Not that I'm a fan of Louis Murphy or Florida WR's in general, but outside of the first round I look at him as one of the best options for the Jets as far as WR's go.

Its not how I want the Jets draft to go, but if they do draft Freeman, I'm hoping they draft Louis Murphy to bring some kind of speed to the Jets receiver corps.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anybody like Scott's mock for us?
If we do go with Freeman than I want Murphy. I prefer not to go with a QB in the first. I dont like Lesean Mccoy either way.
Crickett pretty much nailed it, Its the best of worst case scenarios.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our first three picks having such a high bust factor would greatly disappoint me.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why Scott keeps giving us LeSean McCoy. Have we expressed that must interest in him? I don't think he'd be good for us at all; we already have an elusive back in Leon.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
I don't understand why Scott keeps giving us LeSean McCoy. Have we expressed that must interest in him? I don't think he'd be good for us at all; we already have an elusive back in Leon.
Absolutely agree, it doesn't make any sense to me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Replace Louis Murphy with Derrick Williams and I will be in tears.
If we go PSU WR I'd rather go with Butler. Some very solid points you made as well.

Last edited by derza222 : 04-15-2009 at 02:59 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2009 Jets schedule

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ny...j0xzkyWOqQ2bYF

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-15-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

When did they say there would only be 4 pre season games?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Outside of the Raiders and the Bengals, we should have one of the tougher schedules in the league this year.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I was watching NFL Live before and they said that the Jets have shown interest in Boldin. I actually wouldnt mind giving up a 1st for him. It will probabaly take more to get him

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-16-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
I was watching NFL Live before and they said that the Jets have shown interest in Boldin. I actually wouldnt mind giving up a 1st for him. It will probabaly take more to get him
Supposedly it's a first and a third. I like him, he's definitely more of a guarantee than a guy we're going to get in the first. A little similar to a guy like Cotchery for my taste, but he could be a nice crutch for a younger quarterback with his size and YAC ability. I think he's a perfect fit for the Eagles though, and with their ammo they should be a real favorite to get him.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Supposedly it's a first and a third. I like him, he's definitely more of a guarantee than a guy we're going to get in the first. A little similar to a guy like Cotchery for my taste, but he could be a nice crutch for a younger quarterback with his size and YAC ability. I think he's a perfect fit for the Eagles though, and with their ammo they should be a real favorite to get him.
Yea, he is a lot like Cotchery but but he would be a nice target for a young QB. I agree with you about the Eagles. They have 12 picks so if a deal is done for Boldin, I think the Eagles have enough to pull the trigger.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-16-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.

I really think we absolutely have to take a WR first round, we need weapons to surround Clemens with if hes going to have any chance at success.

Anyone but Harvin though, I hear he has a T.O-ish attitude

J-E-T-S
Nj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
NYJets28
Rookie

NYJets28 could make a wolverine purr.NYJets28 could make a wolverine purr.NYJets28 could make a wolverine purr.NYJets28 could make a wolverine purr.NYJets28 could make a wolverine purr.NYJets28 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nj. View Post
I really think we absolutely have to take a WR first round, we need weapons to surround Clemens with if hes going to have any chance at success.

Anyone but Harvin though, I hear he has a T.O-ish attitude
Agreed. I dont like Harvin either. I really like Maclin, DHB and Britt.
NYJets28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.

Besides me not liking Harvin as a player as much as the others, I hear his has an attitude similar to T.O's

J-E-T-S
Old 04-17-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets’ Clemens In the Lead
Old 04-17-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Supposedly Clowney's doing alright thus far which is nice, given I have little to no faith in us drafting a WR in the first round this year.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Supposedly Clowney's doing alright thus far which is nice, given I have little to no faith in us drafting a WR in the first round this year.
And if we dont take WR in the first round, I could care less if we took one at all. All of the speed recievers, other than the first rounders are not really starters. WE need HB or Maclin in the 1st.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

I don't know about that man, it looks like Hakeem Nicks could possibly be left over in the 2nd round and if so i think he is an absolute steal in the 2nd. Although I do think that we have so many options in the first round, check out my other thread.

J-E-T-S
Old 04-17-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be just fine getting a WR in the 2nd, as i think there will still be solid ones available. The Jets have done a solid job in the past couple years trading up in the 2nd to get a dropping talent/the guy they wanted. I don't see why they can't do that this year. However, this means we take Freeman in the first, which i'm not super high on either.....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

Everyone seems to think that its a lock that we take an offensive player, do not be surprised if we take a DE

J-E-T-S
Old 04-17-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Im not sure about Hakeem Nicks. He is more of a possession WR and we already have that. We need speed. After DHB and Maclin there are guys like Louis Murphy, Mike Thomas and Mike Wallace. These are all fast recievers but I dont think they are starting material which is why I want DHB or Maclin in the first.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

Brian Robiskie will possibly be gone, but he is a really, really good receiver. In my opinion the 3rd best receiver in the draft after Maclin and Crabtreee

J-E-T-S
Old 04-17-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nj. View Post
Brian Robiskie will possibly be gone, but he is a really, really good receiver. In my opinion the 3rd best receiver in the draft after Maclin and Crabtreee
I like him a lot but he is another possession reciever.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-18-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I like him a lot but he is another possession reciever.
True. But he would add a little height that we desperately need. Even our Tight Ends (er I guess its Tight End being we only have one) is a little on the short side. We havent had a tall receiver (one that could catch anyway) since Keyshawn.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

Yeah, a tall receiver is something we have missed, which is why if somehow Hakeem Nicks falls to the 2nd round we have to pounce on him

J-E-T-S