Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-23-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
[soapbox]

ugh. it's shocking that you don't like any of the hundreds of options that do everything itunes does (minus connecting to the store, but then, there are so many better options) and instead prefer software bloat, a crappy interface and a program that hogs memory more than vista, on a "per capita" basis.

[/soapbox]

in reality, i don't really care what you personally use and i'm only passionate about the argument because of the prevalence of "apple is the bestest" debate among people who don't have any idea what they're talking about.

BladeEnc - http://www.free-codecs.com/download/BladeEnc.htm
fastest mp3 encoder i've found (from .wav files). there are better rip packages that do everything, but this is by far the fastest.

Handbrake - http://handbrake.fr/
there may well be better dvd rip software, but it's worked well for pulling a few movies off DVDs i own when i have a lot of back to back transcontinental flights.

mp3tag - http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
use it to batch tag mp3s, when another program messes them up, or you need to alter the way the information was pulled from CDDB.

phpMyAdmin - http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php
mySQL - http://www.mysql.com/
Apache - http://www.apache.org/
easy, free way to build your own applications web server on a windows box. i used this to build a website on my college ethernet that allowed people to easily share documents (in a sort of early but nowhere near as cool or functional version of google docs) and other information across campus. worked with one of the lead programmers for purevolume on an apache webserver.
I'm far from one of those people who say apple is the best. In fact, I would say, objectively, it obviously isn't the best. I think a lot of the reason is is that I am able to play music off any person on the networks playlist, and when you are on a college network that is a lot of ******* playlists(was even better my freshman year, when there was a program that allowed you to dl songs directly off other peoples itunes libraries 20k songs at 5 seconds a song? Sign me up.)
Old 03-23-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thanks for the ccleaner thing. cleared up a lot of "things"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive had this problem for a long time with WMP11 and I couldnt add any files or delete files. Found this to fix it and the problem was I had a corrupt library, heres the fix if anyone else has the problem.

Last edited by bantx : 03-24-2009 at 06:30 PM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two more from me...

Launchy 4.65
http://www.launchy.net/
Launchy is a free open source application launcher for GNU/Linux and Windows. It indexes shortcuts in the start menu, and files in specific folders to allow quicker access to programs without opening the start menu itself, or browsing to the relevant folder.

Fences 0.96
http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/
Fences is a program that helps you organize your desktop, and can hide your icons when they're not in use. Say goodbye to all that desktop mess.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is great; much thanks to the OP, Sveen. So far I have DLed the Auto-Defrager, the CCleaner and the superantispyware. My computer feels so fresh and clean right now, I feel like I just went thru spring cleaning.

Any other you strongly recommend for cleaning or maybe freeing up memory?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:34 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Advanced SystemCare and Revo Uninstaller are very good combined with CCleaner and Smart Defrag. Revo Uninstaller has some features along with outstandig removal of applications. It not only completely removes the software (nothing gets left behind if you choose advanced mode), but also have the option to search your computer for junk files etc.

Also you should try SpywareBlaster if you have a problem with spyware. It stops new spyware from even reaching your hard-drive.

Signature made by me

Old 03-25-2009, 08:28 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

deleted...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Last edited by ironman4579 : 03-25-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Rule 13.
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't really understand why people see "free software" and think "ZOMG, license to pirate stuff?!?!11"

i've edited the original post.
Sorry njx. I actually wasn't really thinking of pirating music. I was thinking there might be a site out there that you payed for the download, plus like a monthly fee that was a legal site (ie, the artists are still getting paid) but the downloads were free. Or possibly even something that was just cheaper than a dollar a download like itunes. My fault though, thanks for editting the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Sorry njx. I actually wasn't really thinking of pirating music. I was thinking there might be a site out there that you payed for the download, plus like a monthly fee that was a legal site (ie, the artists are still getting paid) but the downloads were free. Or possibly even something that was just cheaper than a dollar a download like itunes. My fault though, thanks for editting the post.
The penny or so an artist gets paid is hardly worth buying it. The big corporations get all the money. It is absolutely ridiculous. That might be the coolest thing about the internet right now. It is transferring the control of art away from the big corporations who don't produce any of it, and giving it back to the actual artists.

It's hard for me to not condone pirating music, as long as you support the artist in other ways(merchandise and especially going to shows.)
Old 03-25-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question: I have two users on my desktop computer, so I have two sets of different programs etc., the other user never uses this computer anymore, is there a way or any free software to combine both users so they are not splitting the memory and I can run one of these software programs and it goes through my entire computer instead of just the user I am running it on? I am using Microsoft Windows XP.

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, not the most computer savy guy...
Old 03-25-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

The specific files for each user can be found here: C:\Documents and Settings

If the other user never uses the computer anymore my solution would just be to delete that user. Do that from "User Accounts" in the control panel. (You have to be logged in as a administrator to do that)

To be honest I don't really know if the software I've recommended scans all users' files and settings. I would think they do, but I'm not sure. Best solution is to just delete the user though.

Signature made by me

Old 03-31-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Bump for that conficker ish.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm havin some serious problems with AVG. Can any of you guys help me out?

I downloaded it and everything but it won't scan my computer. Everytime it get to the scheduled scan time it just skips it. What the problem?
Old 04-18-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thing anyone recommend other than InfraRecorder, I need to make a copy of this dvd, of my parents party.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nero 7 is what I use.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free Programs that I use, which I don't think have been mentioned yet:

Ad Aware
Spybot
Comodo Firewall
OpenOffice

Get your own damn links.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speedfan - Controls fan speed, checks hard drive, temperature, etc.
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
Old 04-19-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't really fall under software, but Definr is a quick online dictionary for anytime you have a vocab fail.

http://definr.com/
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
because you don't just use it to play pirated games. but i appreciate the sincere effort to get the thread closed for no reason.

for instance, i may want to rip a CD i've bought to my computer because it can make it substantially faster to use the program on it (or to install from it).
I cant get it to work. Im trying to make one for age of mythology gold edition but it says error everytime. What setting should I put it on? Ive tried data disk and the new security thing but it doesnt work..
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote