Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-18-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Blackberry Storm

Hey guys, I am really thinking of buying this phone. I have heard good things about this phone, and some negative. I was wondering if any of you guys had this and what your opinions of it is? Or if you have any friends and you know of their thoughts......

Thanks I appreciate, and ill give + rep :)

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's anything like the Curve, it's sex masquerading as a phone.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahaha yea my stepdad has a blackberry curve and loves it

Old 04-19-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well my girlfriend just got one. Texting on it works well if your fingers aren't too big. It's a click screen so you may not like that. The accelerometer is ok but can be slow at times. There is a niagara coming in the next few months. So maybe you should wait on that. There also may be a storm 2 in september. The storm works fine depending on what os update you use. So if you could make a pick, go with the Bold or Javelin.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have friends who have all the different kinds of blackberrys and from what I got the Bold is by far the best one. The Storm lags a ton and the click screen is really wierd and annoying. I went with an iPhone but if you want to go Blackberry then I suggest the Bold
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

The Storm has had TONS of issues and at this point, it's not worth the hassle. A lot of reviews say the same thing, and from everyone I've talked to, they've had issues. It was rushed a bit to try to take a slice of Apple's market share, but that doesn't mean anything if the product itself is not well made.

Outside of getting an iPhone, you could save a ton of money and hassle by buying any of the fine LG/Samsung/whatever else touchscreen phones on the market.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:04 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

buy the original touch screen, Palm Treo.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:44 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

= Win

But if you are set on getting a Blackberry get the Bold, far better than the storm IMO Or you could wait and see how the Palm Pre is, it should be coming out within the next few months and I know a lot of publications are giving it the popular title of "iPhone Killer"
Old 04-19-2009, 04:10 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had my storm for like 3 months and have yet to have any problems. The only thing I don't like is no WiFi. I think the click screen is much better than normal touch screens, but that's just me.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a family member who works in that industry and she said that the storm is a piece of garbage. If you want a great phone check out the iphone (I'm personally not a fan) or the treo 800w. I have a palm centro and I like it but I'm thinking of upgrading soon.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the BlackBerry 8900 and LOVE it.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love my Blackberry Bold. I would recommend it assuming you're not set on getting a touch screen.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post

= Win

But if you are set on getting a Blackberry get the Bold, far better than the storm IMO Or you could wait and see how the Palm Pre is, it should be coming out within the next few months and I know a lot of publications are giving it the popular title of "iPhone Killer"
I want one of those so bad.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hold out a few months Smokey Joe. Another Iphone is on the way.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Hold out a few months Smokey Joe. Another Iphone is on the way.
It doesn't matter, I'm gonna have to wait at least a year either way.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Is that when you are due for an upgrade?

Old 04-19-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, if I were you, I would wait it out until May because the new Niagara is supposed to come out. It is going to be the best of both world between the Bold and the Curve.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I have a BlackBerry (not the storm, I'm actually not even sure which one it is because I got it through my Dads work but it's World Edition? Whatever that is.)

Anyway, my girlfriend bought the 2nd Generation iPhone (after having numerous problems with the first one) and seems to like it, but I still prefer the BlackBerry. She's had a few problems with freezing on the new phone, but nothing major. Although I can say my BlackBerry has never frozen!

Personally I feel as though the iPhone's popularity is based off of a bunch of bells and whistles that no one actually needs. For instance, why the hell do I need an application that spits out a random restaurant when I shake the phone?

I'm not saying the iPhone is totally useless because it certainly has its advantages over the BlackBerry, but the outrageous price (which apple is notorious for) and my bad history with apple (2 iPods just stopped working, Girlfriends iPod, MacBook, and 1 gen iPhone stopped working) are just a few of the reasons I like the BlackBerry instead.

My best friend has the storm and loves it. He's had no problems with it. Although I do have another friend who had to go get a new one because the first storm they had was having problems.

It's just luck. You could get either an iPhone or a Storm and have one work fine or have one break down on you.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Is that when you are due for an upgrade?
No, thats when I could hopefully afford one.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have an iPhone, my roommate has the storm. I prefer my phone but if you don't want to switch to AT&T then the storm is still a very good choice.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I have friends who have all the different kinds of blackberrys and from what I got the Bold is by far the best one. The Storm lags a ton and the click screen is really wierd and annoying. I went with an iPhone but if you want to go Blackberry then I suggest the Bold
This.

I hear the same things from anyone who has used multiple Blackberrys before, or knows anything about them...Besides the screen is twice as clear as any other model, it's a pretty good phone and I've been thinking of buying it for a few months.

I'm not a big fan of the iphone either, funny how it can do so many big things but can't do something small like send a picture directly to a phone number...I'm also not feeling all touch screens anymore since my last one went out, and when it does you have no buttons, so no phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

hey thanks everyone for your pieces of info, only reason why im thinking of getting a blackberry is because my family is switching over to verizon...... so i need a verizon phone. so im just contemplating which verizon phone i should get... and i want a blackberry.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This.

I'm not a big fan of the iphone either, funny how it can do so many big things but can't do something small like send a picture directly to a phone number...I'm also not feeling all touch screens anymore since my last one went out, and when it does you have no buttons, so no phone.
Actually you can send a picture to a phone number, you just need to know the nuance of doing so. You send it out via email, but the person receives it as a picture message

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where's libid in this situation?

the only thing i have to say about the storm is it sucks.

the curve is still where it's at, flashy, good, delicious, all of the above. the ONLY thing that sucks about the curve is that of all blackberries, the media player blows.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Verizon and I use the LG Dare:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote