Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-23-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate that Tony G is gone but like i said in number 3 of my points I thik that Pioli is arming himself with ammo for next year after he truely understands who fits on this team and where they fit. I now its idiotic to say but next years talent is zomgz so a 3rd thus year or a 2nd next year to me is HUGE!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Boe at least two of us see the light.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Sirs,

We are very pleased to see you've made the excellent choice to move Mr. Gonzalez to other pastures. Not having to contend with him twice a year will make our lives much easier.

In order to be consistent with this line of thinking, we suggest you refrain from selecting Mr. Crabtree in the upcoming draft. Also note that the Oakland Raiders are an excellent example of how to best build a receiver corps that is harmonious with our objectives.

We appreciate your ongoing efforts to support our work.

Yours collectively,

The Denver Broncos Defensive Backs
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Well Boe at least two of us see the light.
Yes Splat, because everything I've said has completely contradicted what you said? Oh, wait, it hasn't. It sucks we lost Tony but like I've said for a LONG time it'd be nice for him to get a chance at a ring.

Unless you still think you're the only "enlightened" Chiefs fan.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Yes Splat, because everything I've said has completely contradicted what you said? Oh, wait, it hasn't. It sucks we lost Tony but like I've said for a LONG time it'd be nice for him to get a chance at a ring.

Unless you still think you're the only "enlightened" Chiefs fan.
No not just me I said BOE as well.:)
Old 04-23-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No not just me I said BOE as well.:)
Oh, you and boe. I forgot, if we don't want Tyson Jackson or BJ Raji 3rd overall we don't know what we're talking about. :)

Old 04-23-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I am smart. I don't think this will hamper Cassel's development or makes us a 1-15 team. Gives us ammo next year after we find out what this team is made of, what type of D should be run wiht the personel we have etc.

I t sucks losing Tony though, I loved him and wish him the best.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pioli BETTER have a plan to use those picks to get into this year.r
Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Pioli BETTER have a plan to use those picks to get into this year.r

I don't know what the plan is, but I can't imagine Pioli doesn't alreay have one. It's tough to lose a guy that's been so good for our franchise, but if we are going to move in a new direction tough decisions are going to have to be made. I'm putting my trust in this front office and will give this a chance to play out before making any snap judgments.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Oh, you and boe. I forgot, if we don't want Tyson Jackson or BJ Raji 3rd overall we don't know what we're talking about. :)
You can add Crabs to my list now that we traded Gonzo but Raji is #1 and Jackson only if they trade down but I still say Jackson is drafted top 10 by some one.:)
Old 04-23-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crabtree HAS to be the pick now if we are still at 3.right now alll Cassel has to throw is Bowe, Engram and ???
Old 04-23-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

rofl this quote from Haley is hilairious

"This is what we felt was best for us all things considered," Haley added."We're doing everything we can to give ourselves the best chance to win games in 2009 and that was the best way we as a group felt to go."

so they felt in order to win games this year they had to run off Gonzo, take a pick for next year?that is one funny quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://kan.scout.com/2/859321.html

"The Falcons and Chiefs may not be done dealing. Per a league source, Pioli and fellow Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff (a former Patriots executive), may be looking to help each other out. Based on rumblings we're hearing from WFSM in Atlanta, the Chiefs and Falcons may still be working on a deal that could send defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey to Atlanta for the 24th overall and 90th overall selections."

I'm not buying it do to the huge cap hit the Chiefs would have to take.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
http://kan.scout.com/2/859321.html

"The Falcons and Chiefs may not be done dealing. Per a league source, Pioli and fellow Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff (a former Patriots executive), may be looking to help each other out. Based on rumblings we're hearing from WFSM in Atlanta, the Chiefs and Falcons may still be working on a deal that could send defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey to Atlanta for the 24th overall and 90th overall selections."

I'm not buying it do to the huge cap hit the Chiefs would have to take.
hmmm makes me wonder

ATL Gets:

Dorsey

AZ gets:
1st (24th)
3rd

KC gets:
Boldin

I know it is unrealistic but just crazy speculation from me
Old 04-23-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Q&A with Scott Pioli &Todd Haley on Trade of Tony Gonzalez

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/04...ny_go nzalez/
Old 04-23-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If we, for some reason, trade Dorsey.. I think we'd have to trade down and grab Raji around 8-9, otherwise we're absolutely screwed when it comes to that dline.

I wouldn't mind Boldin here in KC. I love his game, he plays tough every play and never quits. He'd look good in KC red.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Trade at #3

I'm digging this forum! I'm new but a long-time Chiefs-aholic.

Up late last night watching NFL Network. Though I've been convinced there's no way for us to trade out of #3, seems like lots of rumblings of teams wanting to get in front of the Seahawks to draft Sanchez. If Pioli can pull this off, trade down for more picks, then he's definitely THE MAN!

Teams with potential interest in Sanchez appear to include: Seahawks, Browns, Denver, Jets, San Fran and Jags. Letting the bidding begin :)
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefLee View Post

Up late last night watching NFL Network. Though I've been convinced there's no way for us to trade out of #3, seems like lots of rumblings of teams wanting to get in front of the Seahawks to draft Sanchez. If Pioli can pull this off, trade down for more picks, then he's definitely THE MAN!

Teams with potential interest in Sanchez appear to include: Seahawks, Browns, Denver, Jets, San Fran and Jags. Letting the bidding begin :)
Welcome to the board.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No way to trade out of #3? Aside from Sanchez, teams will be clamoring to get up for one of the OT's, Aaron Curry, Brian Orakpo, Stafford, or Crabtree. There's a great market for the Chiefs to trade out of that spot.
________
Ocean View Condos

Last edited by nepg : 09-17-2011 at 08:24 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I jsut don't see trading Dorsey. He is a perfect UT for a 4-3 under. Who knows what theteam plans to do in the fuutre D wise, but if their is success this year with that scheme why not stick to it?

Success can me a lot. Not just being a top 5 D in the league ;)
Quote:
Old 04-24-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Welcome new friend!

As far as the rumored trade of Dorsey to Atlanta goes, I would pull the trigger in a heart beat, especially if the Chiefs are able to move out of the 3 spot and down a ways. I think that would be a good way to really build a solid nucleus of Pioli-Haley type players.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Chiefs Sign Curtis, Niswanger
Old 04-24-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Niswanger did pretty good last year didn't he?

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
Niswanger did pretty good last year didn't he?
I really don't think so to tell you the truth I think he looked better two years ago at OG I feel OG is a better fit for him.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not really sure. He's got some pretty bad knees and was put on injured reserve. If we traded down and got one of the really good centers like mack that would be just awesome. I think he's a better fit at guard too.