Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-22-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just watching ESPNEWS and they were talking about the Jets. Sal Paolantonio(I dont know how to spell his name) was reporting for the Jets and he said that the Jets are would strongly consider trading up to 8 if Sanchez is on the board.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I was just watching ESPNEWS and they were talking about the Jets. Sal Paolantonio(I dont know how to spell his name) was reporting for the Jets and he said that the Jets are would strongly consider trading up to 8 if Sanchez is on the board.
Supposedly there was a rumor that the Jags want us to trade up to 8 today which has to be BS but I guess I could see them wanting it to happen.

I have no problem moving up in this draft, but not giving up 52 and our 4th. That leaves us with 4 picks, 2 in the first 5 rounds. Just not enough to bring in some youth and plug needs IMO. If the Jags wanna move down that's fine, but if I'm Tannenbaum I say listen, if you wanna move down that badly then take 17 and 52 and be happy we got close and took the pick off your hands.

We really can't afford to give up that much without getting something besides 8 in return. I'd actually rather give up 17, 52, and 76 getting two picks back in the 4th, 5th, or 6th or even just a 4th along with 8 than give up 17, 52, and our fourth. We're kind of shorthanded already in this draft. We'll see what goes down though I guess.

On the bright side, Sanchez is probably gone top 5 and this is smokescreen week...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So rumor now is that the Jets may try to acquire Campbell from the Redskins if they move up to draft Sanchez. Funny, I suggested they might do that in a thread a few says ago. The compensation I would guess would be 76, which isn't too awful.

We could definitely get some good guys there, but as opposed to trading a first round pick for Brady Quinn or drafting Josh Freeman in the first...we could do worse. He'll bring starting experience to our QB corps and still has a solid arm and is young. Not my favorite move, but I think we could do a lot worse, and it actually has some logic behind it. Redskins recoup a pick from their trade up and we get a QB that has some starts under his belt but still has some upside.

Worst case, he would make a pretty solid backup. He should fit our offense better than their WCO anyway which is presumably why they're looking for a new QB. If the compensation is 52 though then I'd start to question things a little bit, 76 or just giving them their fourth back sounds about right.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Campbell a lot and if we can get him for a 3rd rounder Im all for it.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy Smith for a 5th > Jason Campbell for a 3rd

But I like Campbell, we suck with the third rounders, and anything's better than Freeman.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:53 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll put up a list of the prospects I think could be Jets (like last year) later today.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I'll put up a list of the prospects I think could be Jets (like last year) later today.
Cool, I'll be interested to read it. Think I'll throw out a few names as well after you do if there's anybody I think we could land that's not on your list...
Old 04-24-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

With the Cards only wanting a 2nd and alil more for Boldin I would be so happy if the Jets got him for that price.
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GET LOOSE View Post
With the Cards only wanting a 2nd and alil more for Boldin I would be so happy if the Jets got him for that price.
If all the Cardinals are asking is a 2nd a little something else, and the Jets or Giants don't knock down the Cardinals doors to get a deal done, I will be pissed.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
If all the Cardinals are asking is a 2nd a little something else, and the Jets or Giants don't knock down the Cardinals doors to get a deal done, I will be pissed.
Yeah, that's like nothing and our 2nd is in no man's land anyways. I'm sure we can come up with another piece to get that done, find some younger player we're not going to use but who could help the Cards and give them our second. Hell, even a conditional pick. I'm not the biggest fan of Boldin in our offense, but he's WORLDS better than anybody who we could get at 52. I mean it's not even close.

Supposedly Mr. T is trying to move up in the first round. Or at least so says ESPN. Don't think it necessarily has to be for Sanchez, but I'm not sure what other offensive player would really be a strong consideration to move up for. So I think he also figures 52 isn't going to do too much for us and we may as well use it to our advantage. Still wouldn't be shocked if we used 52 and 76 to move up into the late first/early second if we can't move up in the first or use one of those picks to acquire somebody.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
The Giants have much more ammo than we do to offer for Boldin. With all of the extra picks I think if they want him they can get him
Old 04-24-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
The Giants have much more ammo than we do to offer for Boldin. With all of the extra picks I think if they want him they can get him
Agreed. If the Giants want Boldin, they can get him. He would be a great upgrade for our offense but we will still be lacking a guy that can stretch the field and make plays. I wouldnt complain though, if we got Boldin.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-24-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

I'm surprised how quiet this board has been over the last few days. I mean the draft IS tomorrow. That being said it is fascinatting how many different scenarios that could unfold tomorrow for us. There is literally 25 different scenarios that could unfold for us...I guess we'll know more in 24 hours...
Old 04-25-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw on sportscenter that we are looking to trade up in the first. While i would think that this means trying to get Sanchez at 8, ESPN said that Tannenbaum said it could be for anybody. Crabtree anyone?

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:32 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Okay I lied. Horribly drunk and I have the Ohio State spring game to go to before the draft. I'm sure we can do without.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Okay I lied. Horribly drunk and I have the Ohio State spring game to go to before the draft. I'm sure we can do without.
Lol understood, good sir. Understood. I'll throw out some names. It's going to be broad though, and I'm going to have a harder time with the OL. I'm including the possibility of trading down/up. The majority of these are absolutely guesses, but I'll bold some personal favorites. Not necessarily players I think we will or should draft, but guys I like for one reason or another.

QB:
Mark Sanchez
Matt Stafford
Josh "please don't draft me Mike Tannenbaum" Freeman

RB:
Chris Wells
Knowshon Moreno
Donald Brown
Rashad Jennings
Shonn Greene
Glenn Coffee
James Davis
Cedric Peerman

WR:
Michael Crabtree
Jeremy Maclin
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Kenny Britt
Hakeem Nicks
Percy Harvin
Brian Robiskie
Mohamed Massaquoi
Louis Murphy
Ramses Barden
Jarrett Dillard
Kevin Ogletree
Demetrius Byrd
Marko Mitchell

TE:
Brandon Pettigrew
Richard Quinn
Anthony Hill
John Phillips
Cameron Morrah
Davon Drew
Dan Gronkowski
Some dude from Monmouth whose name I'm too lazy to look up

OT:
Michael Oher
Andre Smith
Phil Loadholt
Jamon Meredith (ability to swing to guard)
TJ Lang (ability to swing to guard)
Gerold Cadogan
Feniki Tuopu
Ramon Foster
Jose Valdez (ability to swing to guard)

OG:
Duke Robinson
Andy Levitre
Kraig Urbik
Louis Vasquez
Trevor Canfield
Maurice Miller
Greg Isdaner

C:
Antoine Caldwell
AQ Shipley
Max Unger (versatility)
Robby Felix

NT:
BJ Raji
Ron Brace
Roy Miller
Terrance Knighton
Myron Pryor

Dorell Scott
Vaughn Martin

DE:
Jarron Gilbert
Tyson Jackson
Sammie Lee Hill
Fili Moala
Alex Magee
Ziggy Hood
Everette Pedescleaugh
Khalif Mitchell
Nader Abdallah

OLB:
Stryker Sulak

ILB:
Lee Robinson
Jason Williams
Antonio Appleby
Frantz Joseph

CB:
Malcolm Jenkins
Bradley Fletcher
Greg Toler
Jerraud Powers
Kevin Barnes
Chris Owens
Brandon Hughes
Jason McCourty

S:
Darcel McBath
Chris Clemons
Michael Hamlin
CJ Spillman

Last edited by derza222 : 04-25-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so pumped i can't even contain myself. Jets to #8 is interesting. Sanchez or Crabtree must be the targets. Moving that high for any other QB or WR would be pointless (and i rule out the thought of moving up for anyone else - except maybe Jackson). Dear lord, i can't wait any longer!!!

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I hope Sanchez has fun throwing the ball to Cotchery and and Stuckey.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

We gave up this years 1st, 2nd, Kenyon Coleman, Abram Elam and Ratliff.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. We gave up nothing. I'm assuming Douglas starts at the other DE now?

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So biggest needs now have to be WR and DE
Old 04-25-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
So biggest needs now have to be WR and DE
We need a WR badly. I think the are fine with Douglas as the DE

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I think everybody on here knows that I am not a fan of Sanchez but he's our guy now and I want him to succeed. If he is going to suceed he needs a big time WR. We should make a move and trade up to the end of 1st or top of 2nd and take Nicks or Britt, depending on who is there.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I honestly think at this point we're going to ignore WR. We'll see if Sanchez starts this year, but I don't see anyone that's going to be there in the third round that's going to really upgrade our WR corps. Only thing I think we can really go for is size (Barden). Looks like Clowney will have a real good opportunity to start, obviously he was more impressive than either of the QB's.

What do you guys think we want to go after in the third and fourth? Maybe a WR, tight end, obviously defensive end is a need now, and then there's always offensive line and running back. Wonder if we try to slip down to pick up another pick or two later or if we think that the later round guys may not even make the roster.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Nj.
Rookie

Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.Nj. is a cocksman.

We gave up so much to get Sanchez that it's ridiculous.
1st rounder
2nd rounder
Brett Ratliff
Abram Elam

I don't know if anyone remembers but Elam had a great year this year and losing Ratliff means that we have no flexibility in trading Clemens for picks because Clemens in the only backup we have now, Erik Ainge is not being considered a legitimate back up

J-E-T-S
Nj. is offline   Reply With Quote