Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-23-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Tony Gonzalez Tribute Thread

Please don't use this thread to bash the Chiefs FO or Tony Gonzalez for that matter if you want to talk about the trade and give your thoughts on it please use another thread...

"Gonzalez was rated as one of the top tight ends in the 1997 NFL Draft, and was considered a top 15 selection. The Chiefs had decided to draft Gonzalez, but were unlikely to be able to draft him with their 18th overall pick. The Chiefs thus traded up with the Houston Oilers to get the number 13 selection and draft Gonzalez."

What followed?

"Gonzalez (6-5, 251) owns NFL career records for tight ends with 916 receptions, 10,940 receiving yards, 76 receiving TDs and 26 100-yard receiving games, totals that are the highest of any player in Kansas City history in all of those respective categories. Gonzalezís 916 career receptions rank ninth among all pass catchers in NFL history and are fourth among players who were active in 2008. He is one of only three tight ends to lead his franchise in career receptions."

"Gonzalez earned 10 Pro Bowl berths as a member of the Chiefs, the highest total of any tight end in NFL history. He was also selected first-team All-Pro by the Associated Press on five occasions. He holds Pro Bowl career records with 39 receptions for 590 yards and owns a share of a Pro Bowl record with five career TDs in that game."

"The University of California product became just the fifth player and the first tight end in league history to produce 11 consecutive seasons with 50 or more catches in 2008. WR Jerry Rice (11) is the only player in league history with more consecutive 60-catch seasons than Gonzalez (10). He is the only tight end in NFL history to produce four 1,000-yard seasons."

"Entering his 13th NFL season in 2009, Gonzalez was the recipient of both the Derrick Thomas Award as the Chiefs MVP in 2008 and the Mack Lee Hill Award as a rookie in Ď97. He concludes his career in Kansas City with a franchise-record 10,954 yards from scrimmage and ranks fifth in team annals with 460 career points."

Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Been to many Chiefs games and TG has been one of my all time favorite Chiefs. But this trade makes sense for both teams. Good value for Chiefs. And Atlanta gets a great player with a couple years left in the tank.
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the best Chief players in the history of this franchise, both on the field and off of it. Stand up guy, classy, respectful and a real leader for this football team. It's sad to see him go, and he'll be missed, but I think I speak for most Chiefs fans when I say that he'll always be a Chief to us.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:08 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great guy, total class act and very productive. With that out of the way, cya later Tony. Forcing a 33 year old Tight End that obviously wanted out to stay is not how you build a winning team, any way you want to cut it.

Now Waters needs to be dealt.
TonyGfortheTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:13 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a great player..gee I remember arguing Todd Heap over Gonzo a couple years back what a fool I was.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
What a great player..gee I remember arguing Todd Heap over Gonzo a couple years back what a fool I was.
Will let it go we all have a case up the stupids from time to time.:)
Old 04-24-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Goat. I will miss him and so will KC, but sometimes change can be a good thing for both parties and lets hope it is this time around.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rumors that the Chiefs and Atlanta aren't done yet, and that the Falcons are also interested in Dorsey. Hhhmm.

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couldn't find one in the Chiefs stadium but I still give him a standing ovation.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*sniffles* NOOOOOOOOO NOT TONY ANYONE BUT TONY
Old 04-24-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely the greatest TE of all time, and up there overall as well. I don't think any player ever "deserves" a shot at winning a championship (they get paid millions to play a game), but I do hope he gets his shot now with the Falcons.

It'll be weird not seeing an arrowhead on his helmet.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

It will be a shame to see him go, and as a Packers/Chiefs fan...I find this similiar to the Brett Favre move. Yeah it's not long and drawn out, but two great players...two hall of fame players, and two players who were fan favorites.

Had some good years with him. Guess it's time to exchange him with Dwayne Bowe in my signature. :P

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shannon Sharpe and Tony Gonzales are tied for #1
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote