Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-30-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Eric Berry Question

I saw Eric Berry today and something was really weird. I stood right next to him and he was shorter then me. The problem with this is he is listed by some as 6'0 tall and I'm 5'9. He look just a little shorter then me so I'm guessing he's a low 5'9 (5'9 2/8) or a high 5'8 (5'8 6/8) When I went to the doctors I was listed as 5 Feet 9 Inches and 6/10ths.

Walterfootball: 6'0
NFL Draft Scout: 5'11
Wiki: 5'11 1/2

Last edited by The Legend : 04-30-2009 at 11:39 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome. Watch him fall.
Falcon_from_E_Oakland
Rookie

Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.

He's been officially measured at 5'11 as a rising senior...

/sig by BONEkRUSHER/
Falcon_from_E_Oakland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I stood right next to him
Were you able to control your raging boner? Because I wouldn't be able to.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_from_E_Oakland View Post
He's been officially measured at 5'11 as a rising senior...
Michael Crabtree was officially measured at a high 6'3 and then he turned out to be 6'1.
That doesn't mean anything until you hit the combine. My question is if he turns out to be 5'9 or 5'8 does it hurt his stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
OMG GUESS WHAT I SAID!! I said "cant wait till your in the nfl man" OMG GUESS WHAT HE SAID!! thanks bro.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Falcon_from_E_Oakland
Rookie

Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.Falcon_from_E_Oakland could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Michael Crabtree was officially measured at a high 6'3 and then he turned out to be 6'1.
That doesn't mean anything until you hit the combine. My question is if he turns out to be 5'9 or 5'8 does it hurt his stock?

OMG GUESS WHAT I SAID!! I said "cant wait till your in the nfl man" OMG GUESS WHAT HE SAID!! thanks bro.

He was listed at 6'1 in high school

/sig by BONEkRUSHER/
Falcon_from_E_Oakland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
High school heights and weights are more inflated than college ones. In high school, I was listed at 6'1 215 lbs, when I was no bigger than about 5'10 and 190 lbs.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Crabtree? or Berry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
High school heights and weights are more inflated than college ones. In high school, I was listed at 6'1 215 lbs, when I was no bigger than about 5'10 and 190 lbs.
Same here i was listed as 6'0/200lbs but I was 5'9 182. I don't trust it till I see it by a doctor.

Last edited by The Legend : 04-30-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Holy ****, I may have just wet myself.

As for the height question, I doubt it. He's shown that he's a major baller. On second thought, let him slide to the Eagles!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Holy ****, I may have just wet myself.

As for the height question, I doubt it. He's shown that he's a major baller. On second thought, let him slide to the Eagles!
Eagles? I think it's only fair that he goes with the 33rd pick. Don't you agree? They don't need a rookie scale if the worst team gets him.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Eagles? I think it's only fair the he goes with the 33rd pick. Don't you agree?
No, he won't make it to the first pick of the second round. The Eagles would take him at 32.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My doctors said Im 5'10, almost every where else says Im atleast 6'. Id say go to a gym or just make one on your wall and see how tall you really are

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
My doctors said Im 5'10, almost every where else says Im atleast 6'. Id say go to a gym or just make one on your wall and see how tall you really are
Or just believe the doctors? lol
Old 04-30-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

With what Bob Sanders has done in the NFL at 5'8? I don't think it hurts his stock really if he's 5'9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or just believe the doctors? lol
Lol no Im a legit 6' probably more close to 6'1 now and I went to the doctors like 2 monthes ago

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
sup3rdup3r
Rookie

sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.sup3rdup3r hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bob Sanders - 5'8
Troy Polamalu - 5'10
Mike Brown - 5'10

Hopefully he does fall, maybe my niners can take him with one of our first round picks.
sup3rdup3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans have dibs on Berry.

If he is really 5'8 or 5'9 it could possibly hurt his stock a little, but not that much.

With that being said, I've never stood next to him, but he looks taller than 5'9 on TV.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only excuse for not having a boner around Berry would be if you had previously been around Mays, and suffered from a boner explosion as a result.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not that big. I've stood next to him and he seems a little short, granted I am 6'3 but still. Shouldn't hurt his stock too much.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to debate whether standing next to someone is an accurate measure of height.

But if he does measure in at somewhere between 5-8 and 5-9, it does hurt him a bit as a prospect. It probably removes him from a top 5 possibility (I didn't really expect that anyway) and it gives Taylor Mays another physical advantage to try and leap over him on team's boards.

I don't think it really hurts him as a player. In fact, being that height will make his lack of weight less of a concern, because his bulk will profile better in that height. And we all know that there's a lot of functional safeties out there at that height. But yeah, once these guys are out of pads for about 4 months, something like that would knock him down a little bit. That said, there's a lot that he could do to overwrite a disappointing height measurement at the combine (like turning in a good vertical).
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there's a shot in hell he measures in at under 5'10.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I'm not going to debate whether standing next to someone is an accurate measure of height.

But if he does measure in at somewhere between 5-8 and 5-9, it does hurt him a bit as a prospect. It probably removes him from a top 5 possibility (I didn't really expect that anyway) and it gives Taylor Mays another physical advantage to try and leap over him on team's boards.
I don't think any argument of Berry>Mays (and they are legitimate, although I respectfully disagree) is predicated on physical stature anyway. Taylor Mays is the best physical specimen of a safety prospect since Sean Taylor, and if not for him, it would be ever.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Let The Wallabee Champ know when Taylor Mays makes his first play.......
Old 05-01-2009, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Heres him standing next to Demetrice Morley who is listed at 6'0

Good chance Morley isn't even 6'0, so that would make Berry look about 5'10 or 5'9
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:19 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
Let The Wallabee Champ know when Taylor Mays makes his first play.......
Watch more football, and read more carefully. Mario is not a safety, although if he really wanted to he probably could be.