Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-05-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Its never too early. List some guys you have your eyes on.

As of right now, my main man is Brandon Spikes to play MIKE for us.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should we list guys who we have a realistic shot to get? I love Sergio Kindle from Texas but unless we completely fall apart we have no shot at him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Should we list guys who we have a realistic shot to get? I love Sergio Kindle from Texas but unless we completely fall apart we have no shot at him.
list anyone and everyone. you never know who is what by this time next year.

if i recall correctly, i wanted Fili Moala last year, who was pegged as a top 20 pick, and he fell all the way to round 2 and was projected as a round 3/4 pick.

Michael Oher was supposed to the first LT off the board and went in the 20s.

so you never know.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to start the Rutgers love for next year as well then watch Anthony Davis. He has NFL OT written all over him and will probably be a 1st rounder if he comes out early. He can def. be the LT of the future if we are looking tha way. Whimper, Beatty, and Davis would set us up beautifully on the O-Line.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-05-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Just to start the Rutgers love for next year as well then watch Anthony Davis. He has NFL OT written all over him and will probably be a 1st rounder if he comes out early. He can def. be the LT of the future if we are looking tha way. Whimper, Beatty, and Davis would set us up beautifully on the O-Line.
i like Davis.

other guys ive kept tabs on:

Greg Hardy
George Selvie
Mark Herzlich
Taylor Mays
Eric Berry
Earl Thomas (realistic shot and is a beast)
Sam Young
Old 05-05-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really like george selvie, would not mind if we took him although itd mean we'd definitely part ways with kiwi

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't see us resigning Kiwi anyway. He's just gonna cost too much for us to keep.

He's either trade bait next year, or we keep him and franchise him and try to squeeze as many years as we can out of him before we let him walk.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I love Spikes, I thought he would've been the second LB selected had he come out, that said I don't think that we need another backer with Boley, Sintim, Kehl and Goff as our young backers. I'm still on the Oghobaase bandwagon, I think he has the potential to be a poor man's albert haynesworth and will do a great job pushing the pocket and forcing penetration while shutting down the interior running game.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

yeah the development of Kehl and Goff along with Sintim will be key in evaluating our need for a LB this coming year.

a game changing MIKE would do wonders for this defense though. Spikes could be that guy.

I thought Maualuga couldve been that guy this year, but we passed on him. that kind of hurt, i was hoping he'd fall to us when we picked Sintim.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
yeah the development of Kehl and Goff along with Sintim will be key in evaluating our need for a LB this coming year.

a game changing MIKE would do wonders for this defense though. Spikes could be that guy.

I thought Maualuga couldve been that guy this year, but we passed on him. that kind of hurt, i was hoping he'd fall to us when we picked Sintim.
I'm probably over-rating Goff and Kehl but I think both could be starting by the playoffs, Kehl at sam and Goff stepping in for AP, since I wouldn't be surprised to see him get injured due to those extra 15 pounds he doesn't want to lose.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
I'm probably over-rating Goff and Kehl but I think both could be starting by the playoffs, Kehl at sam and Goff stepping in for AP, since I wouldn't be surprised to see him get injured due to those extra 15 pounds he doesn't want to lose.
I'm a big fan of Goff so I hope your right. Looking at the defense for next draft the only positions we might need help at are S, MLB, and DT. I like Goff but if there is a stud available we might jump on that. It is so insane the depth that Reese has built on this team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-05-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah its hard to find any "holes" at the moment on this team. The depth is pretty ridiculous.

Its almost like we're trying to replace good players with great ones. I love Goff myself, and I'm talking about how we have a hole at MIKE.

that tells you how deep we really are.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah its hard to find any "holes" at the moment on this team. The depth is pretty ridiculous.

Its almost like we're trying to replace good players with great ones. I love Goff myself, and I'm talking about how we have a hole at MIKE.

that tells you how deep we really are.
Yeah my thoughts exactly. Even Johnson has been more than average for us but he's considered our biggest hole at the moment.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-05-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah my thoughts exactly. Even Johnson has been more than average for us but he's considered our biggest hole at the moment.
now we just have to find a way to get AP off the field haha. he's actually our biggest weakness on defense, and its sad that our backups would instantly fix that problem.

ive really soured on AP. it pains me to say it bc i love the guy, but he's just not good anymore.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have literally no needs starting or depth. Just give your damn picks away to people who need them. LOL.

Like seriously... what positions are still needed?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
now we just have to find a way to get AP off the field haha. he's actually our biggest weakness on defense, and its sad that our backups would instantly fix that problem.

ive really soured on AP. it pains me to say it bc i love the guy, but he's just not good anymore.
Yeah I used to love AP, but now he is out of shape, slow, and half his tackles come from 5 yards past the LoS. He sucks now, but I still love his smarts, and leadership on our defense. :(

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You guys have literally no needs starting or depth. Just give your damn picks away to people who need them. LOL.

Like seriously... what positions are still needed?
we could use a 4th string safety.

and 3rd string center. :)
Old 05-05-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Yeah I used to love AP, but now he is out of shape, slow, and half his tackles come from 5 yards past the LoS. He sucks now, but I still love his smarts, and leadership on our defense. :(
Lol, our 2nd string D-Line is probably better than maybe 1/3 of the leagues D-lines.

DE Kiwanuka
DT Rocky Bernard
DT Barry Cofield
DE David Tollefson/Clint Sintim

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 05-05-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd also look into a DE next year because Kiwi's contract will be up sooner than later as BBD said. Also Osi is getting "old" so it's never too early to get that next guy to step in when time comes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-05-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we could use a 4th string safety.

and 3rd string center. :)
Yet the Cowboys have the same needs as the last 3 years... sigh. :/

Just wait... one of these days we WILL replace false start Flo and find a true 34 NT!!! The damn pro bowl is killin' us! Fooling Jerry and making him think these phonies are actually doing their job!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yet the Cowboys have the same needs as the last 3 years... sigh. :/

Just wait... one of these days we WILL replace false start Flo and find a true 34 NT!!! The damn pro bowl is killin' us! Fooling Jerry and making him think these phonies are actually doing their job!
*votes every cowboy into the pro bowl this year*
Old 05-05-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Hardy
Eric Berry
Sergio Kindle
Brandon Spikes
Sean Witherspoon
Mark Herzlich
Taylor Mays
Trent Williams
C.J. Spiller(Between the way Jacobs plays, and the fact that I don't see Ware AND Brown as future NFL stars, it wouldn't hurt to pick up a RB in the draft early on.)
George Selvie

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

I like Rolando McClain as a potential MIKE for us.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 05-05-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Sergio Kindle is going to be ridiculously over-rated from now until games start in the fall. He's Darryl Blackstock 2.0 a little bigger and a little faster but absolutely no instincts. He reacts slow enough to negate his own incredible speed.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I hope everyone falls for the "Taylor Mays doesn't make enough plays" BS so that he falls all the way to the Giants.

Him + Kenny Phillips + our pass rush = fatalities all day.