Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-06-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought I would share...the Deadpool movie has been greenlit with Reynolds officially attached to star...links

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/05/05...rine-spin-off/

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8308
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:30 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not digging that, deadpool...his own movie(now)? It's one of those things that fans would like, but should'nt be done.

I could name 20 x-men chracters that should have their own spin-off movie before deadpool.

Mystique
Xavier
Apocalypse
Rougue
Cyclops (as long as it includes Mr. Sinister)
Gambit
Cable
Bishop
Forge
Storm
Psylocke
Night Crawler
Omega Red
Beast
Juggernaut (make him the goddamn juggernaut *****)
sabertooth (BIRDIE!!!)
Jean Grey
Ice Man
Mister Sinister
Emma Frost
Old 05-06-2009, 05:27 AM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jackson's already discussed some things about the next Wolverine movie with parts taking place in Japan.

I've heard bits about a Magneto movie, but there hasn't seem to have been much traction there.

Marvel has a pretty extensive list of other movies on the slate right now: Iron Man 2, Spider Man 4, Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, Ghost Rider 2, and my son told me he heard that they're talking about a Nick Fury movie and a Luke Cage movie.

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefLee View Post
Jackson's already discussed some things about the next Wolverine movie with parts taking place in Japan.

I've heard bits about a Magneto movie, but there hasn't seem to have been much traction there.

Marvel has a pretty extensive list of other movies on the slate right now: Iron Man 2, Spider Man 4, Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, Ghost Rider 2, and my son told me he heard that they're talking about a Nick Fury movie and a Luke Cage movie.
No reason to not keep them churning though even with that many on the slate seeing as how they always seem to bring in the big bucks.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Not digging that, deadpool...his own movie(now)? It's one of those things that fans would like, but should'nt be done.

I could name 20 x-men chracters that should have their own spin-off movie before deadpool.

Mystique
Xavier
Apocalypse

Rougue
Cyclops (as long as it includes Mr. Sinister)
Gambit
Cable
Bishop
Forge
Storm
Psylocke
Night Crawler
Omega Red
Beast
Juggernaut (make him the goddamn juggernaut *****)
sabertooth (BIRDIE!!!)
Jean Grey
Ice Man
Mister Sinister
Emma Frost
Of the ones you mentioned, only the bolded ones deserve to have their own spinoffs IMO...all the other characters have either been mangled or done, and Apoc wouldnt be an origin, it would need to be a full fledged Xmen movie about the Age of Apocalypse storyline IMO...Deadpool is one of the most popular character in the Marvel Universe, he had his own line of comics, and his own team up series (Cable/Deadpool)...He deserves his own movie more then any of the people you mentioned, especially with a casting as perfect as Reynolds, who, lets not forget, Deadpool writers mentioned IN THE COMICS! (Deadpool described himself as a mix of a Shar Pei and Ryan Reynolds in the comics)
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like this Wolverine movie was just to hype up forthcoming features.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all the Japan talk.. Will this beast be unleashed?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Of the ones you mentioned, only the bolded ones deserve to have their own spinoffs IMO...all the other characters have either been mangled or done, and Apoc wouldnt be an origin, it would need to be a full fledged Xmen movie about the Age of Apocalypse storyline IMO...Deadpool is one of the most popular character in the Marvel Universe, he had his own line of comics, and his own team up series (Cable/Deadpool)...He deserves his own movie more then any of the people you mentioned, especially with a casting as perfect as Reynolds, who, lets not forget, Deadpool writers mentioned IN THE COMICS! (Deadpool described himself as a mix of a Shar Pei and Ryan Reynolds in the comics)
i could see gambit over deadpool though, he is like one of the most popular too

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I think that they do plan on including Daken somewhere, although I would assume the focus of this would be on Wolverine's samurai abilities and that whole era...
Quote:
Old 05-06-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
i could see gambit over deadpool though, he is like one of the most popular too
Lol well Fox agrees with me, since Deadpool has been greenlit ahead of Gambit and all those other ones! HA!

But a Gambit movie would make all kinds of money lol
Quote:
Old 05-06-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Looking forward to the Magneto movie too. I was trying to think during the movie though as they introduced characters who else they could do a movie on. Magneto obviously.....but now any backstory for Cyclops is out (not that it would have been popular anyway, nobody likes Cyclops....) And then theres the backgrounds they gave during the main 3 movies so they're out....

So Magneto....Storm? Xavier even? Tell of his life up to the movies? Deadpool now? (I wish I would have stayed through the damn credits....I usually do just in case they do have something like that but I was in a rush this time around......)
Cyclops was always my favorite X-Man ...

I wonder if they can still pick up the pieces from X-Men 3. There's still Colossus, Kitty, and Iceman. And probably Wolverine. Nightcrawler? I hope they ditch Storm/Berry though, found her incredibly annoying in X3 as the studio caved in to her demands.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright....so maybe there are a few Cyclops fans. I guess the comic book nuts I work with have gotten to me.

But, regardless, it's probably unlikely that they have a Cyclops origins movie unless they do it after the end of what we got to see in the Wolverine stuff.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want my goddamn Scarlet Spider/Ben Reilly fanhood rewarded with a movie.

We are few and far between but damnit we're strong!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol well Fox agrees with me....
Do you really wanna be on the agreeing side of Fox?
Old 05-06-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You sir, know NOTHING...

that deserves it's own movie.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefLee View Post
They're also working on an Iron Fist movie. but it may be in development hell.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I want my goddamn Scarlet Spider/Ben Reilly fanhood rewarded with a movie.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Damn right, Crickett. Ben Reilly is my favorite comic character ever.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didnt Wolverine wear a mask in the comics and cartoons? No plans to put Jackman in a costume? haha.

And Ghostrider 2? ugh. Why even bother? The first was so bad.

edit...why would Wolverine even need to wear a mask? lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-06-2009 at 03:42 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Didnt Wolverine wear a mask in the comics and cartoons? No plans to put Jackman in a costume? haha.

His eyes are white in the comic as well lol

I want a Gambit Solo and a Cyclops solo.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An Apocalypse movie would be so horrible because you'd have to make him almost entirely CGI for it to work. We already saw how much that can fail with the first Hulk
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

agreed, that movie was ****.