Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-09-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My hitchhiking adventure

Well, the time is coming for me to take off on my hitchhiking trip. It's only about two weeks from now. The girl I am supposed to be going with may need surgery on her hip flexor. She will find out in Rome the day before she is supposed to fly to meet me to leave. So she might be out of it, but I know myself enough to know that if I don't go this summer I'll never do it, and it will lead to a snowball effect and I won't end up doing any of the traveling I am planning on. So its looking like I may be taking this trip this summer by myself. It's gonna be a lot tougher, but I'm also gonna have about 100$ more than I expected to have, so I'll be able to figure something out.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a crazy idea to do it solo. What did your parents say when you told them what you are doing?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go for it. The best stories always come from the unknown and the unplanned. It might even end up working out better for you that way, you just have to be open to new things.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Well, the time is coming for me to take off on my hitchhiking trip. It's only about two weeks from now. The girl I am supposed to be going with may need surgery on her hip flexor. She will find out in Rome the day before she is supposed to fly to meet me to leave. So she might be out of it, but I know myself enough to know that if I don't go this summer I'll never do it, and it will lead to a snowball effect and I won't end up doing any of the traveling I am planning on. So its looking like I may be taking this trip this summer by myself. It's gonna be a lot tougher, but I'm also gonna have about 100$ more than I expected to have, so I'll be able to figure something out.
I thought this was stupid but the guy is from El Paso and El Paso=Mexico so if he can survive that then this should be nothing.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I once went hitchhiking with my brother Kyle and ended up singing the greatest song in the world to the Devil
Old 05-09-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I thought this was stupid but the guy is from El Paso and El Paso=Mexico so if he can survive that then this should be nothing.
Ya, I went to Juarez, MX twice a week for a year(Juarez is where all the drug violence is happening.) My buddy and I walked a mile into downtown Juarez completely shitfaced and we made it back ok, so I'm not too worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Go for it. The best stories always come from the unknown and the unplanned. It might even end up working out better for you that way, you just have to be open to new things.
That's why I'm doing it. If I bail on this I won't make my trip to Europe when I graduate, or go to Asia after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
This is a crazy idea to do it solo. What did your parents say when you told them what you are doing?
They were actually supportive. They just told me to be careful and make sure I call them every 3 days. I told my mom I would be going regardless if my friend could come or not, and she is freaking out a little. But she understands, and also knows that I have lived in the middle of major cities for most of my life, so I know how to deal with people who might **** me up.

I was really surprised by my parents reaction. I am eventually hoping to be a war reporter, and they know that, so hitchiking will be part of my job. I think they are just hoping I do it in America for the next few years and decide that isn't the lifestyle for me. But I honestly couldn't ask for better parents. They understand that I need to do things like this, and they know that I will call and come back to see them whenever I get the chance.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you find your way to Houston, Dallas or around either, let me know and I'll gladly help in any way I can.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If you find your way to Houston, Dallas or around either, let me know and I'll gladly help in any way I can.
From everything I have read, Texas is a bad place to hitch hike from. So I think I will head west before I head south. I was hoping to make it to the Houston area, but it would be too tough to make it all the way out to El Paso. But if this goes as good as I am expecting, I'll be doing this again sometime, and I'll make sure to hit you up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Yeah, hit me up if you come near Shreveport, LA.
Same goes for you.

Thanks a lot all you guys.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, hit me up if you come near Shreveport, LA.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From everything I have read, Texas is a bad place to hitch hike from. So I think I will head west before I head south. I was hoping to make it to the Houston area, but it would be too tough to make it all the way out to El Paso. But if this goes as good as I am expecting, I'll be doing this again sometime, and I'll make sure to hit you up.
Dude, I-35 is like the superhighway from Mexico to Canada so if you get on there, it's likely that there are several truckers who might give you a lift.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dude, I-35 is like the superhighway from Mexico to Canada so if you get on there, it's likely that there are several truckers who might give you a lift.
Ya, getting down to Texas wouldn't be too hard. But from what I have read on a couple hitchhiking message boards, I-10 in Texas is a *****.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I-10 in Texas is a *****.
Undoubtedly, given where it goes. But if you need a ride out of Houston, I could pick you up and you can party here before taking you to Austin (if you'd like).

Old 05-09-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How far are you planning to go on this trip?
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya, getting down to Texas wouldn't be too hard. But from what I have read on a couple hitchhiking message boards, I-10 in Texas is a *****.
Thats because for 95% of the time you are in the middle of nowhere if you follow I-10 in Texas. If you start in Houston and go west then you got Houston and then San Antonio about 3 hours outside of Houston and then after that its a bunch of nothing until El Paso. I have done the drive from El Paso to Houston and it will take you at least a good 12 hours just to get across the state

Last edited by jayceheathman : 05-09-2009 at 11:48 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where are you planning on ending up, starting from El Paso, and going to like what Canada, or Washington.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah. I doubt you'll be heading out East, but if you need any help in PA, I may be able to lend a hand!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:04 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

me and my cousin plan on hitchhiking to Vancouver for the Olympics :)
Old 05-10-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I doubt you're going to come through NJ at all, would you?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said before, follow the Unwritten Book of the Road

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:01 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing at least 2 rapes will occur on this trip
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Like I said before, follow the Unwritten Book of the Road

Thats what the substance we can't talk about it is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Thats because for 95% of the time you are in the middle of nowhere if you follow I-10 in Texas. If you start in Houston and go west then you got Houston and then San Antonio about 3 hours outside of Houston and then after that its a bunch of nothing until El Paso. I have done the drive from El Paso to Houston and it will take you at least a good 12 hours just to get across the state
Ya, the drive from Houston to EP is terrible, easily the most boring drive I've ever taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
How far are you planning to go on this trip?
Milwaukee, WI-El Paso, TX-San Diego, CA-Portland, OR-Milwaukee, Wi so it's gonna be a very long way.

If this goes well, I may make a loop east next year, just because I've never been to most of the East Coast.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

are you going to be like Dean Moriarty or Sal Paradise on this trip?

Old 05-10-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
are you going to be like Dean Moriarty or Sal Paradise on this trip?
Probably in between the two of them, but leaning towards Sal(at least Sal in the middle of the book.)
Old 05-10-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet you'll end up in a suitcase somewhere in the southwest.

I'll be living in South Dakota in about two weeks. I'd be glad to take you to Mt. Rushmore if you're in the neighborhood.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Well, I am taking this trip alone now. The girl I was going to be going with definitely needs surgery, one of her tendons is separated in two places and she is going to be bedridden for a couple months.

This makes this trip a hell of a lot more difficult. But **** it, I'm going anyway. I'm leaving in a few days.