Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-06-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I can see you don't watch a lot of our games because when Hebert was in he looked worst then Williams every did in Dallas plus White has yet to have a season where he is healthy Nduke has had 1 healthy season since being here Lynch was hurt all last year. So yes i am in total agreement with this signing i figure he will be starting sometime this season because i know from the last couple i can tell we are going to be short at S
Don't know why I'm arguing this anymore...

Hebert obviously isn't going to look as good as Roy. he's just starting his pro career (though he's not very young).

And I suppose I can say it again because apparently reading isn't our strongest skill set; Yes, Roy Williams would be good depth in case of an injury.

Look, I'm not saying that injuries don't happen. I'll even admit that Roy would be a suitable back up for us. However, if you're looking for SS, why not getting the younger version of him in Marvin White, or the smarter more versatile Ndukwe? And there is no way Roy can play FS better than Crocker / Ndukwe. Lynch and Hebert are guys we are trying to teach, it's more valuable to have them on the field learning then it is to get a small upgrade out of Roy. As far as linebacker goes, we've got a stable of young and veteran linebackers who can all serve their job at least as well as Roy would.

Again, people took my first post and turned it into this "Omgz he hates the Roy William signing" - I'm just saying it's unnecessary. There is absolutely nothing he brings to this team that we don't already have.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't see why we're saying who's a good backup at this point or not. May the best player win the starting job and the other fight for the backup spots. He's on our team and we'll see how things work out.
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really really doubt he's being brought in to be a starter, at least I hope not. The guy used as depth and in situational roles would be perfect. We're VERY young in the secondary and adding someone with some experience is never a bad thing. Honestly, we have to have by far the youngest secondary in the league.

Ndukwe is one of -if not the- biggest playmakers on defense. He absolutely should and will be on the field. Crocker and White can work things as well.

It can be used as a means of adding depth, experience and a situational guy that can make an impact.

I think this signing needs to be taken as it is, not a big time signing to bring in a starter nor is it some ancient guy with a big contract. He's worth the risk and I think that's all you can ask for. The staff clearly sees a use for him because as I mentioned, we don't need depth or quality at safety really.

We've got a lot of depth on defense.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooshooGawd View Post
At first I didn't like the signing. The defense is better with Ndukwe in there and I didn't want them to bring in Williams and take snaps away from Chinny.

However, they know what they're doing. This front office has had one hell of an offseason. I trust that they'll make it work.

Plus if he could knock that smile of Hines' face, that would make the signing worth it right there.
He probably won't hit Hines like a mac truck, but he could end his career with a nifty horse collar. ;)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He probably won't hit Hines like a mac truck, but he could end his career with a nifty horse collar. ;)
Ill buy his jersey then buy him a steak dinner at Jeff Ruby's.

lol

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think D said it best earlier on the 1st page...good luck.

Is he even compentent in coverage, as was mentioned? That's actually in question. He does have a noted learning disability and his football IQ seems to be incredibly low as well. He should help in the running game but, he is one of the worst safeties in zone coverage, that I have ever seen...and he can't cover in man at all either. He would make for a better LB at this point but, you obviously dont need him there. Blaming his coverage deficiencies on the scheme is straight bologna. Wade did end up modifying his defense to put Roy in the right position but, it wasn't helping things any. He is just awful, awful, awful in coverage, it's as simple as that. Just well, good luck with that. Maybe Zimmer can help him return to form again but, he's not a miracle worker. Keith Davis was a better safety than Roy was the last few years here. Roy looks like he is just about done. I hope he does well, he's nice guy but, I dont think he's going to fair too well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-07-2009 at 01:35 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how he even gets much playing time TBH. Good signing for depth and can probably be somewhat of a mentor to the younger guys, but I'd really like to see the money involved with this before I make any real judgment.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Roy's coverage issues came mostly due to lack of secondary help and that he didnt fit well into the new scheme. I am not saying he is a stud in coverage but he is competent. Lynch and Hebert would probably be nothing more than back-ups anyways. White will benefit from having Williams here I think (they both play for big hits).
Systems can have a lot to do with a players success. Maybe the change back to when he did his best will help him.

As for people acting like he is gold, you're acting like he is completely and total trash. I would agree if we ran out a base 3-4 like Dallas has in the past few years.
Nope, he's not competent in coverage, he does suck. He used to be my favorite player but he betrayed me :( He's really lost 3 or 4 steps. He's always, ALWAYS late in coverage. And he seems like he lost his passion for the game, he seems like he's afraid to hit now. Roy Williams is done.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I really really doubt he's being brought in to be a starter, at least I hope not. The guy used as depth and in situational roles would be perfect. We're VERY young in the secondary and adding someone with some experience is never a bad thing. Honestly, we have to have by far the youngest secondary in the league.

Ndukwe is one of -if not the- biggest playmakers on defense. He absolutely should and will be on the field. Crocker and White can work things as well.

It can be used as a means of adding depth, experience and a situational guy that can make an impact.

I think this signing needs to be taken as it is, not a big time signing to bring in a starter nor is it some ancient guy with a big contract. He's worth the risk and I think that's all you can ask for. The staff clearly sees a use for him because as I mentioned, we don't need depth or quality at safety really.

We've got a lot of depth on defense.
This is the signing summed up perfectly. I can't see him starting seeing as what Ndukwe and Crocker/White bring. He should be used as a situational safety IMO.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be a surprise if the starting Safeties in Cincinnati were not Chinedum Ndukwe and Chris Crocker. They were arguably the Bengals two best defensive players a year ago. Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer love Crocker and it's hard not to like Ndukwe. Marvin White and Roy Williams are likely the first two off the bench and will hopefully play a good deal on special teams units. I do expect the two to rotate in a good deal as they are perhaps the Bengals two best hitters. Corey Lynch and Herbert are your next two and will likely see little time on defense and will stick on the roster due to special teams value.

I don't mind the Roy Williams signing at all, he's a strong veteran presence among a young group of Safeties. He's enthusiastic about being in Cincinnati and re-connecting with Mike Zimmer could revive the 28 year old Williams' career. I expect a backup and Special Teams force though.

I do like the signing as it shows people that these aren't the same Bengals. They are not willing to sit back and simply wait, they have taken action this offseason and I do believe that they think they got something in Williams. The image of the defense has certainly changed quickly from one of the league's softest units to a solid unit with some real hitters in White, Williams, and Maualuga. They are finally getting the memo that to play in the AFC North, you need to be physical and aggressive. I like it whether he works out or not. They took a chance.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Are there any Santana Moss like wr's in your divison ? IF there is they'll smoke Roy Williams just as bad as where he's coming from.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:51 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After seeing his interviews and whatnot I am pretty happy with this signing. He may not be a starting player on this team but he can offer some really good options as far as role playing and he will definitely be a great influence on our young secondary. We didn't really pay him much and I'll be real honest, I am happy he's here. I think he will be able to hit some people at the very least.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly. He's not a starter but he will fill several roles nicely.

It's nice to have depth at safety after we had to play freaking Ohalete for an entire season... That was just awful.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote