Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC West Division Forum

AFC West Division Forum Discuss the AFC West

Old 01-26-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which team?

Will have the biggest turn around season? I would pick the Chiefs, they cant possibly get another 2 win season can they?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To early to tell.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland!!! Give us a healthy McFadden, a RT and a #1WR and this offence should start to produce. Russell showed signs of a good QB often late in the season and if we can keep protecting him and run the ball well we should be decent.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Kansas City. Denver/San Diego were mediocre last year and the Raiders were less than. We stunk up the league, but with big changes in K.C. I see them gaining some ground back in the division.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
Kansas City. Denver/San Diego were mediocre last year and the Raiders were less than. We stunk up the league, but with big changes in K.C. I see them gaining some ground back in the division.
Gaining some ground back yes winning the Div not even close.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He didn't ask who would win the division, just have the biggest turn around.

It's a tie between KC and Oakland. Neither team has anywhere to go but up.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I assume the question is just about our division? Denver and San Diego were both basically .500 teams last year. Expect the same from Denver. I don't have much faith in Norv Turner, but San Diego certainly has the talent to win 10-12 games. Oakland will be bad. KC will be improved, but 6 wins will be tough this year as we integrate a new QB, new head coach, new defensive staff / scheme. So if we're looking for which team will improve the most in wins, it's either KC or San Diego.

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

And I guess I didn't answer the question. I'm going with San Diego. They have the most talent in the division. Merriman will be back. And they should feast on the Oakland, Denver and KC.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Oakland!!! Give us a healthy McFadden, a RT and a #1WR and this offence should start to produce.
Check, check and check. ;)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland is the team that will turn a few heads this year i believe

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:02 AM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

Oakland will turn heads? Only if the don't want to laugh directly in the face of a Raiders fan :) What has Oakland done in the last few years that would give you any confidence that they'll be improved?

Old 05-12-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to say Chiefs because they went out and got a QB, and signed some savvy vets on D. They won't take the division but they should grab 2nd, especially since I think Larry Johnson will have a pretty good year.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I'd have to say Chiefs because they went out and got a QB, and signed some savvy vets on D. They won't take the division but they should grab 2nd, especially since I think Larry Johnson will have a pretty good year.
You never seem to give Oakland any credit, now do you? ;)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
You never seem to give Oakland any credit, now do you? ;)
I love Oakland's offensive potential. I think if they ever have a competent O-line they could explode because I'm a big Darren McFadden believer. I have a lot in common with a lot of Raider fans (lakers, trojans, drug abuse, etc) so aside from some light needling I try not to hate on them too badly.

Kirk Morrison is a manbeast straight out of the 619, you'll never see me say a word against him.

Nnamdi is obviously a shining jewel.

Overall though I can't call myself a supporter of theirs, even throwing out the divisional rivalry, because they have made so many blatantly poor decisions over the years. Passing on a QB in 2006 for Michael Huff had me shaking my head. The next year, skipping the guy who was blatantly the best player in the draft (Calvin God'sSon) for Jamarcus Russell...I just never shook the feeling that Jamarcus was a late 1st/2nd round prospect until he carved up a historically dreadful Notre Dame defense. This year obviously. I won't list out every mistake but as a fan of the draft in general, Oakland is tough to support.

However I do give you a lot of credit 619 so that's got to be something. :D
Old 05-12-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna go with Oakland...the D has a chance to be pretty beastly, as does the offense. Aso and Chris Johnson are scary corners, and the LB group is pretty good as well.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Kirk Morrison by himself=legit D.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My vote goes to KC, though I dont see any team winning significantly more games than last year.

It is highly unlikely that Denver will win more than last year with a new offensive and defensive scheme, so forget them in this discussion.

I think based on their schedules and where their team currently is, the range of possible wins for each team is something like this - SD will win 8-10, Oakland will win 4-7, and KC will win 2-6. Based on that KC has the most potential for the biggest improvement, however, a new QB and no Gonzo is a concern. Their main positive is that they have some of their easier games at the end of the season, so it gives Cassel a good chance to get on the same page with his offense.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Each year people are saying Oakland is "the team that will improve" and each year they have another down year. Not saying that it can't turn around, I just don't see it happening. Especially after April, when they had the ability to draft some big difference makers and I don't think they did that.

edit: trying to revive a dead forum, goo!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Um...I don't think it's Oakland. Maaaay have to go with Denver here.