Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2009, 10:32 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listening to Dwight's press conference it certainly sounds like he's ripping SVG and giving Doc Rivers props...You can't keep giving DVG a pass, especially once the players realize what's going on, and good for Dwight considering how many times SVG has gotten on Dwight.

edit: yea I'm a tad late lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 05-13-2009 at 10:34 AM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
You took that out of context. He was confirming what Stan said in his press conference.

Stan obviously didnt want to slow the pace down when he was motioning to Rafer to go! go! go!, every time we inbounded in the 4th quarter.

Maybe he's losing them but, he had the right idea but, the team didnt execute. SVG is certainly to blame for not getting Lee minutes and leaving in Redick late but, the players also have to be very much at fault. They played extremely nervous. They get shaken easily. Never a problem in the regular season but, it seems as though the added pressures of the post season have got to them.
Yeah, I can see where I took that out of context. Maybe I read what I wanted to read.

But still, SVG still lacks class. He's constantly blaming them. It's no wonder they don't listen to him anymore.

I like his fundamental basketball philosophy, but I can't stand his personality, his playcalling and his game substitutions.

I'm sorry but 10 touches for Dwight all game is pathetic.

What Magic forums do you visit?

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-13-2009 at 11:28 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Are you saying this isn't a Magic forum?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
hahahhaha. I really don't need to go anywhere, huh. I get the full spectrum here rather than hear a bunch of Magic homers who are apparently bashing Dwight now. LMAO. Watch them run Dwight out of town. Idiot Magic fans. They are so demented that they would rather have SVG than Dwight. Watch it happen. Just watch.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Ill play my black lotus!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow two players question the coach and basically calling him a liar.. Definite recipe for success.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Wow two players question the coach and basically calling him a liar.. Definite recipe for success.
Success in winning is no longer the goal here. Success is now making sure everyone is accountable for blame and the proper actions are taken to rectify the situation.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Success in winning is no longer the goal here. Success is now making sure everyone is accountable for blame and the proper actions are taken to rectify the situation.
You realize the series isn't over yet, right?
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
The Magic have lost two straight games they should have won, and now the Celtics need to lose two straight, including one at home. The odds are stacked against the Magic at this point.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Why am I not surprised you said this? If I was here talking about how the Magic will win this series you'd be telling me how this series is over.

Instead, I'm here saying it's over and you're here telling me it's not over?

Why must you always find a way to argue... Moses? or Brownstown? Which are you?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I can see where I took that out of context. Maybe I read what I wanted to read.

But still, SVG still lacks class. He's constantly blaming them. It's no wonder they don't listen to him anymore.

I like his fundamental basketball philosophy, but I can't stand his personality, his playcalling and his game substitutions.

I'm sorry but 10 touches for Dwight all game is pathetic.

The one on their website is a good one. Lots of Redick lovers, though. Some smart ones, some not so much. I just lurk most the time, I didnt even know about it until a few weeks ago. I dont like the whole, every single person in this forum is a fan of Orlando deal. Bound to be so many homers.

As for Dwight. He did not deserve the ball. If you want him to throw up awful long running hooks all game fine, enjoy the loss. He isnt in a position to be calling people out and pleading for the ball when he hasnt shown any game outside of 3 feet in this series. He has been dominated. To call himself dominant after performing like this all series, is just laughable. Why isnt Dwight shouldering any of the blame for his poor play? When has Dwight ever shown that he can finish with the ball in the 4th quarter? He either throws up bricks or gets fouled and misses everything.

Calling out a coach like that is childish. Be a man, say it to his face. Dwight can never do any wrong. That's bull, he hasnt played well and he isnt even getting doubled. Perk and Davis are pushing him around, keeping him from getting deep, just like all the Pistons big bodies do. He has shown that he is still very much immature and his game still has a long way to go yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-13-2009 at 01:29 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The Magic have lost two straight games they should have won, and now the Celtics need to lose two straight, including one at home. The odds are stacked against the Magic at this point.
No doubt the Celtics are in the favourable position but this series isn't over yet. If I'm the Magic, I'm certainly not looking forward to next season, I'm looking forward to the next game.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
So you think I'm insecure about my looks, chubby checkers?

Here's me with my girl, the same type you have to beat off about cuz you'll never touch the real thing... At least not for free hhahahaa
How much did you pay that girl to take a picture with you?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Ouch, Corie Blount (former NBA player) was sentenced to a year in prison for marijuana.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4163416
Old 05-13-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Why am I not surprised you said this? If I was here talking about how the Magic will win this series you'd be telling me how this series is over.

Haha for real. I did see an interesting article on ESPN about how Dwight has been ineffective this series. I'm just pissed overall on both ends.

SVG is losing his players, I like his defensive principles and strategy, but when you scream the entire game it just doesn't have an impact on the players anymore. How do you "up" the sense of urgency?

Dwight isn't doing what he needs to do. I know Moth will disagree with this, but D12 needs to back perkins down. He did it 1 time with ease, and then went to a 10 ft runner the rest of the time. Man up and stop trying to play like Kareem. He doesn't have Kareem's finesse offensive touch by any stretch of the imagination. Dwight is pure power. Use it. Back people down. And if he is going to shoot a hook shot, square your shoulders up with the hoop. Dwight looks much better when he's facing the basket instead of just lobbing balls up from the opposite side of his head.

Either way, I'll be happy to get Jameer back haha.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burns, Dwight cannot consistantly back him down. Wow, he did it one time, congratulations. Dwight never plays well against Perkins. He's tried to back him down a bunch of times, normally leads to travels or turnovers. This is a trend, regular season and now playoffs. Perkins has no problem defending Howard.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
paid with unlimited bro-charm.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:

You're right, any time a team goes down 3-2 they should just pack up and quit.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
His sister would never charge a family member to take a picture.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight just needs to play around the rim. His post game really isn't as developed as it will be in a couple years and he is best when he's on the boards near the basket. Not when he's setting high pick and rolls or trying to post up Perkins 8 feet away from the basket. He probably could take Perkins occasionally down low but Perkins is very strong and Dwight right now doesn't match up well with him on the block.

You keep Dwight near the basket I think Orlando's chances of winning this series increases dramatically because Howard can control the glass.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Even if Dwight is not having success with the ball down low, you still have to give it to him. It takes attention away from the shooters on the outside. If you don't give it to him (or if you just give it to him 10 times), then you're not freeing up your shooters. Dwight said it best himself. They played inside - out all season long and it's what got them there.

I just can't sit here and blame Dwight especially after a game where he barely touched the ball, yet was one of the few Magic players actually playing defense.

I don't get how SVG gets a free pass just because Dwight called him out. So the story is Dwight being immature instead of the coach losing control of the team and making mistakes and calling out his own players after every loss.

Explain that to me. Why is SVG not to blame for anything?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
His sister would never charge a family member to take a picture.
Sensing more jealousy from you...

Last edited by Burns336 : 05-13-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You're right, any time a team goes down 3-2 they should just pack up and quit.
Way to make up something and not correctly respond to the post.

So what are you saying? Do you think the Magic will win this series? If you say anything other than Yes, you do think they'll win, then you are exactly on my side.
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
You mean when Barkley was on the Rockets with Pippen and Olajuwon?
Reality pwned.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hahahhaha. I really don't need to go anywhere, huh. I get the full spectrum here rather than hear a bunch of Magic homers who are apparently bashing Dwight now. LMAO. Watch them run Dwight out of town. Idiot Magic fans. They are so demented that they would rather have SVG than Dwight. Watch it happen. Just watch.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=owtq3u

Let's do it.