Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
paid with unlimited bro-charm.
I thought there was absolutely no way for you to top the lameness of the picture, but you did it right here. Please don't ever use "unlimited bro-charm" again. If you were trying to improve your image, epic fail.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt say he wasnt to blame...there is plenty of blame to go around. And Dwight didnt take any of it. SVG's big problem was questionable subs, he was still telling them to push the tempo...which they didnt do at all. The team played scared and just threw up awful shots, playing out of the half court. He wasnt telling them to do that. I dont know why they dont listen to him late. Like he said, maybe it's fatigue, maybe it's a lack of killer instinct because, they always want to run the shot clock down near the end. Who knows? But the players are also very much at fault.

Also, Dwight has stopped passing the ball. If he gets the ball, he is throwing up some brick hook. That isnt going to make Boston respect his game more. Dwight is playing terrible. He doesnt command a double team in this series and he's constantly stuck near the free throw line thus, useless.

And yes, calling out any coach/owner/authority figure in front of the media is very childish. I wonder how much Dwight would have to pay Glen Davis to get the name Big Baby? He really needs to man up. Also, I cant see how anyone can dispute his immaturity because, he complains to the refs more than any player in the league still. He needs to just play and get back on defense, instead of whining after every miss. You would hope he would have grown out of this by now. Dwight isnt ready to be the man yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-13-2009 at 01:52 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Even if Dwight is not having success with the ball down low, you still have to give it to him. It takes attention away from the shooters on the outside. If you don't give it to him (or if you just give it to him 10 times), then you're not freeing up your shooters. Dwight said it best himself. They played inside - out all season long and it's what got them there.

I just can't sit here and blame Dwight especially after a game where he barely touched the ball, yet was one of the few Magic players actually playing defense.

I don't get how SVG gets a free pass just because Dwight called him out. So the story is Dwight being immature instead of the coach losing control of the team and making mistakes and calling out his own players after every loss.

Explain that to me. Why is SVG not to blame for anything?
The ball does need to go inside-out... That's for sure. I think that he should have got touches down the stretch just to open things up.

We were playing iso-ball with players who didn't want the ball in crunch time. Its not going to work that way.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Dwight just needs to play around the rim. His post game really isn't as developed as it will be in a couple years and he is best when he's on the boards near the basket. Not when he's setting high pick and rolls or trying to post up Perkins 8 feet away from the basket. He probably could take Perkins occasionally down low but Perkins is very strong and Dwight right now doesn't match up well with him on the block.

You keep Dwight near the basket I think Orlando's chances of winning this series increases dramatically because Howard can control the glass.
I have an idea that the problem is that Patrick Ewing is his post coach. Ewing was a classic hook shot player who had savvy moves around the rim but never took it hard. Never backed his opponent down with force and smashed the rim. His style was old school style. He made hook shots, took 3-5 foot fade away jumpers near the basket, especially from the baseline and shot from the top of the key. Howard doesn't have the raw skillset to be that kind of player. He's trying to develop that hook that Ewing had in his arsenal, but let's just say, he's not close to being there yet. He needs a guy who can teach him to bang.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I thought there was absolutely no way for you to top the lameness of the picture, but you did it right here. Please don't ever use "unlimited bro-charm" again. If you were trying to improve your image, epic fail.
and that question from you about how much I paid my girlfriend to stand with me was not lame?

You guys are all just sitting on the other side of these screens steaming with jealousy.

It's ok though. I used to it.
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Way to make up something and not correctly respond to the post.

So what are you saying? Do you think the Magic will win this series? If you say anything other than Yes, you do think they'll win, then you are exactly on my side.
Make something up?

You said this:

Quote:
Success in winning is no longer the goal here. Success is now making sure everyone is accountable for blame and the proper actions are taken to rectify the situation.
Why would the Magic try to play the blame game right now instead of trying to win the series? That makes no sense. They're down 3-2. It's far from over.

I think the Celtics are going to win but that doesn't mean they will. Far stranger things have happened than a team coming back from 3-2 in a series where the talent-level is pretty equal. But no, I'm not on your side because I think playing the blame game is an absolutely idiotic move because it's not going to help them win the next game which is what they should be doing.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and that question from you about how much I paid my girlfriend to stand with me was not lame?

You guys are all just sitting on the other side of these screens steaming with jealousy.

Did you find that chick at USD?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The ball does need to go inside-out... That's for sure. I think that he should have got touches down the stretch just to open things up.

We were playing iso-ball with players who didn't want the ball in crunch time. Its not going to work that way.
Dwight is going to need to develop some legit post moves and a reliable step back jumper if he's going to have the balls to demand the rock AFTER the game. I love the guy, and I even like this attitude, but he's not enough of a finished product to back it up right now.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have an idea that the problem is that Patrick Ewing is his post coach. Ewing was a classic hook shot player who had savvy moves around the rim but never took it hard. Never backed his opponent down with force and smashed the rim. His style was old school style. He made hook shots, took 3-5 foot fade away jumpers near the basket, especially from the baseline and shot from the top of the key. Howard doesn't have the raw skillset to be that kind of player. He's trying to develop that hook that Ewing had in his arsenal, but let's just say, he's not close to being there yet. He needs a guy who can teach him to bang.
I was hoping Shaq would work with him post-retirement, but that we before I knew Shaq hated him haha. Guess that isn't going to work out.

The thing is, Shaq had no jumper, just a great baby hook, good footwork, and sheer power. Dwight needs someone with the same skill set to teach him how to get it done.

Bynum has Kareem teaching him which is a better fit since Bynum has a more finesse offensive game. Translate better.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Sensing more jealousy from you...

Thank God she has those shades covering most of her face.

Looks like your first kiss there puckers.

Are you calling your bros on your cellphone while you kiss her?

/chirps
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Did you find that chick at USD?
No we go back to highschool.

I did date a few from school though. Very high maintenance as you can imagine. Too much drama. Crying all the time when they drink. Used to getting everything they want all the time...
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No jealousy here. I like when people post pictures of whores. Nice that you made one your wife/girl.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
Thank God she has those shades covering most of her face. Looks like your first kiss there puckers.
yes, thank god she had to cover her face up... So many Haaaatahhzz

anything else I can do for you guys?

Last edited by Burns336 : 05-13-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
No jealousy here. I like when people post pictures of whores. Nice that you made one your wife/girl.
Now its seeping out through your eyes.... That jealousy is intense man.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have no side in this argument, but why is it that you're posting pictures of yourself and your girlfriend all over this site?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop Burns, just stop.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any pictures of just her? I like seeing whores not whores with douchebags
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:

anything else I can do for you guys?
Well you can continue to embarass yourself, it is quite entertaining.

"Look *insert *****'s name here*, I'm posting your pic on an NFL forum to prove how cool I am to a bunch of high school and college kids!"
Old 05-13-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get this stuff outta the damn Magic Forum.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I have no side in this argument, but why is it that you're posting pictures of yourself and your girlfriend all over this site?
Started with rep comments made to me about how I must be insecure about my looks and blah blah... simply posting the evidence.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Any pictures of just her? I like seeing whores not whores with douchebags
I know you wish you could have it.. Only online for you though huh? haha
Old 05-13-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You have posted 3 pictures of you and your girl because someone called you ugly. You are a tool. Steaming with jelousy? No, I just can't stand it when people use their girl as leverage in an argument and then proceed to post pictures of her.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I didnt say he wasnt to blame...there is plenty of blame to go around. And Dwight didnt take any of it. SVG's big problem was questionable subs, he was still telling them to push the tempo...which they didnt do at all. The team played scared and just threw up awful shots, playing out of the half court. He wasnt telling them to do that. I dont know why they dont listen to him late. Like he said, maybe it's fatigue, maybe it's a lack of killer instinct because, they always want to run the shot clock down near the end. Who knows? But the players are also very much at fault.

Also, Dwight has stopped passing the ball. If he gets the ball, he is throwing up some brick hook. That isnt going to make Boston respect his game more. Dwight is playing terrible. He doesnt command a double team in this series and he's constantly stuck near the free throw line thus, useless.

And yes, calling out any coach/owner/authority figure in front of the media is very childish. I wonder how much Dwight would have to pay Glen Davis to get the name Big Baby? He really needs to man up. Also, I cant see how anyone can dispute his immaturity because, he complains to the refs more than any player in the league still. He needs to just play and get back on defense, instead of whining after every miss. You would hope he would have grown out of this by now. Dwight isnt ready to be the man yet.
Plenty of blame sure. Who should shoulder the blame? Dwight? He barely got the ball! Where do you see this source of all these problems coming from? It's the damn coach. If the players aren't listening to him then, he's done. He's useless. He's the boy who called wolf. So much yelling that it's falling on deaf ears now. Every loss, he blames poor shooting on the players. Says stuff like, we had good looks, but just didn't get the ball in the basket. How would that make you feel as a player? Talk about Dwight being immature? Not ready to be the man? SVG is what? 40 something? He's still not the man.

Yes, Dwight's offensive game is frustrating. He has no touch around the rim and no power to back down big guys like Perkins. He's worked on his upper body great, but his lower body is what hasn't caught up yet. In the NBA, for post players, it's all about your lower body. You can be a weak ass mother in your upper body, but if your base is strong, you're going to be alright.

I have no problem with him calling out SVG. SVG does it to the players all the time. But when Dwight does it, oooh what an immature brat. Yeah whatevs. Careful what route you go, because this team without Dwight will lead you into a very very dark abyss.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
The new rick roll.