Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
LaMarr Woodley
Not really. LaMarr is the LOLB, meaning he gets the RT most of the time.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6. Jammal Brown (Saints) 3.0 sacks allowed (15 starts
4. Carl Nicks (Saints) 0.5 sacks allowed (13 starts)
9. Jonathan Goodwin (Saints) 1.0 sacks allowed (13 starts)
12. Jahri Evans (Saints) 2.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
1. Jon Stinchcomb (Saints) 1.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)

Considering how many times we throw the ball that's not bad at all :)

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carl Nicks is yummy.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Carl Nicks is yummy.
Now, if that OL could just learn to run-block, they'd be in bidness, yo.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
6. Jammal Brown (Saints) 3.0 sacks allowed (15 starts)
My saints line apparently played better than I give them credit for. Although it must be said that drew is quite spectacular in getting the ball away just in time and he deserves a lot of the credit as well.I think all the teams in front of the saints line run the ball WAY more than we do.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Now, if that OL could just learn to run-block, they'd be in bidness, yo.
Pfft. You're telling me.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
6. Jammal Brown (Saints) 3.0 sacks allowed (15 starts

Considering how many times we throw the ball that's not bad at all :)
damn I didnt read your post (or any other post outside the opening one) but you posted the same thing as I did just a few posts earlier.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-14-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
My saints line apparently played better than I give them credit for. Although it must be said that drew is quite spectacular in getting the ball away just in time and he deserves a lot of the credit as well.I think all the teams in front of the saints line run the ball WAY more than we do.
Incorrect. The Broncos ran less than the Saints and threw the ball almost as many times as the Saints (only 16 less pass attempts), and gave up less sacks from more total starts.

But dont worry, your guys were certainly okay.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
**** I didn't think Joe Staley did that bad lol
He only gave up 1/2 a sack in the final 9 games. He struggled initially being his first starts at LT and it didn't help that Martz was his OC and O'Sullivan likes to run around like a chicken with his head cut off. The entire line sans Barry Sims at RT performed greatly once Coach Sing took over.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons offensive line is so underrated.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Brees evaded about ten John Abraham sacks in one game by getting the ball off so fast.

Their offensive line is nothing special.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Drew Brees evaded about ten John Abraham sacks in one game by getting the ball off so fast.

Their offensive line is nothing special.
Although a lot of credit goes to Brees, they have some nice pieces on that OL. Theres Jamaal Brown, who is a good LT, maybe not elite like some thought, but good. Jahri Evans is one fo the most underrated Linemen in the NFL, IMO, and Carl Nicks came in last year at LG and did a good job when given the opportunity. Brown may not be as young as Evans or Nicks, but those are three promising O-linemen who have plenty of years left in them. As a whole that OL isn't special, I agree, but there is the potential there, and they have some of the pieces.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:26 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Although a lot of credit goes to Brees, they have some nice pieces on that OL. Theres Jamaal Brown, who is a good LT, maybe not elite like some thought, but good. Jahri Evans is one fo the most underrated Linemen in the NFL, IMO, and Carl Nicks came in last year at LG and did a good job when given the opportunity. Brown may not be as young as Evans or Nicks, but those are three promising O-linemen who have plenty of years left in them. As a whole that OL isn't special, I agree, but there is the potential there, and they have some of the pieces.
Nice analysis. I pretty much agree. I'd rate our OLine as Evans> Brown and Nicks> Stinchcomb > Campbell.
I'm pretty sure Brown played injured last season so he can be better.
The staff apparently liked Stichcomb (since he got a nice extension) so center is basicly our only real weakness on the OLine, something I'm happy to settle for/with.,

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-15-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Nice analysis. I pretty much agree. I'd rate our OLine as Evans> Brown and Nicks> Stinchcomb > Campbell.
I'm pretty sure Brown played injured last season so he can be better.
The staff apparently liked Stichcomb (since he got a nice extension) so center is basicly our only real weakness on the OLine, something I'm happy to settle for/with.,
I pretty much agree with that assessment, I think with another year under his belt, Nicks will obviously get better, and you will have a great set of young Guards (already do, but it will be confirmed league-wide I mean)

I wasn't aware of Brown's injury, but if that is the case, he can easily improve on his performance last year, as he is a very good LT, just, like I said, not elite, like some people were saying 2 or 3 years ago.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote