Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Holmgren ready to work?

Quote:
Former Seattle Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said he has made the decision that he wants to work again and is open to the idea of coaching, but has not made a final decision on whether he will do that or work in a front office somewhere. He said he has not thought through his emotions enough to know exactly what it is he wants to do.

Holmgren spoke with Les Carpenter of the Post last night at an event hosted by Washington Redskins Coach Jim Zorn and his wife Joy in the owner's lounge at FedEx Field. Holmgren is in Washington to see his wife Kathy and daughter Calla off on a trip to Uganda, where they will work in relief centers for the next few weeks helping refugees from Congo. The event was in support of the organization Kathy and Calla Holmgren will be working for: Medical Teams International

Holmgren laughed that on draft day he was supposed to be babysitting one of his grandchildren but kept sneaking peeks at the television. Soon he was talking to it, criticizing teams' moves. Finally Kathy Holmgren came in and reminded him that he wasn't working.

"I said, 'You're right. What am I doing?' " Mike Holmgren said.
http://views.washingtonpost.com/thel...ork-again.html

Him and Favre were perfect for each other.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that earlier and had the same thought about him and Brett. I'm sure there will be plenty of teams who would be happy to add him.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should coach. He never really got the credit he deserved for his time in GB, or a great run in Seattle for that matter.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So add this to the list of Super Bowl winning HC's available for next year

Bill Cowher
John Gruden
Mike Shanahan
Brian Billick

I would hate to be a coach in a make or break year right now.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holmgren is great but you guys realize that this means another year of Favre speculation, right?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Holmgren is great but you guys realize that this means another year of Favre speculation, right?
Maybe Favre can go the Vikings and Holmgren can meet him there next year.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
papa burgundy
Rookie

papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.

if Singletary and the Niners crash and burn his first year and they go 5-11 or worse then I'd expect him to get fired for Holmgren or Shannahan.
papa burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Maybe Favre can go the Vikings and Holmgren can meet him there next year.
As ridiculous of a move as it would be, the Vikings would be so much better if they fired Childress right now and hired Holmgren.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
As ridiculous of a move as it would be, the Vikings would be so much better if they fired Childress right now and hired Holmgren.
Well yah, they could fire Childress and replace him with basically anybody or anything and it would be a lateral move at worst.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell, even I would be a lateral move if I replaced the Little General!

Do it now... fire Chilly and hire Holmgren! That would be an incredibly awesome move! :)
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Hell, even I would be a lateral move if I replaced the Little General!

Do it now... fire Chilly and hire Holmgren! That would be an incredibly awesome move! :)
If nothing else, the Vikings would no longer be legally required to introduce themselves to all their neighbors.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the perfect fit would be Shanahan in San Diego.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I think the perfect fit would be Shanahan in San Diego.
Eh we'll see how this season goes, Norv has won as many playoff games as any coach in Charger history. I like the idea of Shanny working with Rivers, especially with the defensive cupboard being relatively stocked.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So he's not going to replace Wilford Brimley as the next "Diabeetus" guy? (And I'm aware he doesn't have diabetes but I don't care).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So he's not going to replace Wilford Brimley as the next "Diabeetus" guy? (And I'm aware he doesn't have diabetes but I don't care).

I know you hate Seth MacFarlane, but this is funny.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wont You Cooooooooome To San Franciscoooo?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:36 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
If this were to happen at all (it won't but still lol) Viking fans better hope after Al Davis fires John Marshall in the first month of the regular season that Holmgren doesn't bring Marshall in as his DC. My never ending hate for Marshalls vanilla ******* defense continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:43 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he should be a GM somewhere.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:09 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa burgundy View Post
if Singletary and the Niners crash and burn his first year and they go 5-11 or worse then I'd expect him to get fired for Holmgren or Shannahan.
Should the worst happen (and I'm hoping it doesn't cause we've got a good level of emerging talen) and Singletary flops I think most Niner fans would agree that Shannahan as HC with Holmgren in the FO would be the dream team.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
Should the worst happen (and I'm hoping it doesn't cause we've got a good level of emerging talen) and Singletary flops I think most Niner fans would agree that Shannahan as HC with Holmgren in the FO would be the dream team.
I don't think either Holmgren or Shannahan would be ok with that setup.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wait a bit Mike. We'll take ya in about 9 months.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Just wait a bit Mike. We'll take ya in about 9 months.
Horrible fit if Favre's not there...I don't think AD would really appreciate Holgren's offensive philosophy.