Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: AFC East vs. AFC North: Who Would Win In A Head-to-Head Matchup?
AFC East 37 43.02%
AFC North 49 56.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
if we were doing full-depth...

QB: Ben Roethlisberger -> Carson Palmer
RB: Willie Parker -> Willis McGahee -> Mewelde Moore
FB: Le'Ron McClain -> Lawrence Vickers
WR: Hines Ward -> Santonio Holmes
WR: Chad Johnson -> Braylon Edwards
WR: Derrick Mason -> Mark Clayton
TE: Heath Miller -> Todd Heap
LT: Joe Thomas -> Max Starks
LG: Eric Steinbach -> Andrew Whitworth
C: Matt Birk -> Justin Hartwig
RG: Ben Grubbs -> Willie Colon
RT: Jared Gaither -> Michael Oher/Andre Smith

WDE: Haloti Ngata -> Trevor Pryce
NT: Shaun Rogers -> Casey Hampton
SDE: Aaron Smith -> Justin Bannan

WOLB: James Harrison -> Terrell Suggs
WILB: Ray Lewis -> D'Qwell Jackson
SILB: James Farrior -> Dhani Jones
SOLB: LaMarr Woodley -> Robert Geathers

CB: Ike Taylor -> Jonathon Joseph -> Leon Hall
CB: Fabian Washington -> Eric Wright

FS: Ed Reed -> Ryan Clark
SS: Troy Polamalu -> Dawan Landry

Other Notables:

Dominique Foxworth (CB), Antwan Barnes (OLB), Ray Rice (RB) (Scotty isnt' this Auto-Win?), L.J. Smith (TE)

Brandon McDonald(CB), Kamerion Wimbley (OLB), Jamal Lewis(RB), Josh Cribbs (KR/PR)

Keith Rivers (ILB), Anthony Collins (OT), Brian Leonard (RB/FB)(Another Autowin?), Cedric Benson (RB)

Lawrence Timmons (ILB/OLB), Chris Hoke (NT)

Can we petition the NFL to let us watch the game?

not to mention...

Tomlin at HC.. with Mangini/LeBeau/Lewis/Ryan
Cam Cameron with assistants Arians/Bratkowski.
Harbaugh with ST's with Bob Ligashesky.

Very interesting game.
I think it would be a great matchup, possibly the best division vs. division game. Both teams would have great starters but what really is astounding is the depth. I'm sure you could find it in most divisions, but this game would be so physical I would love to see it happen.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
So, what if the other Safety is Troy?

My point has been yeah, this is a high powered offense and yeah they could score a lot of points.

My issue is the posts that go:

Tom Brady + Randy Moss + TO = Auto-Win.

Sure, there's a possibility Ike wouldn't shut TO down again, but the difference is he proved he can do it, so it's not out of the question as people are making it.

Sure there's probably going to be scoring, but at the same time, I think it's just unnerving to see people undercut this secondary just because they're facing Moss/Brady/TO.

Forgetting the Best FS/SS in the league are in the deep centerfield, and that Ike Has shown he can cover these guys.
I'm not trying to say that simply because Brady, Moss and TO are on the same team that they would shred the defense. It would be a great matchup. To say that Leon Hall and Ike Taylor could shut down Moss and TO is ridiculous. If they could, then ya, the AFCE would be in terrible trouble, but I couldn't see that happening. My point is that just because Taylor did it once doesn't mean he is going to do it again, nevermind the fact that IMO Hall would get shredded by Moss.

That safety tandem is ridiculous, and the front 7 is crazy. I even said running the ball would be extremely difficult, if not impossible. At the same time, people seem to be underestimating the abilities of a wide receiver corps of Moss, TO, Welker, Evans, and Keller at TE.

By the same token, I don't see much running room against the AFCE's front 7.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

Actually, Casey Hampton has never been an all-pro.
before you TRY to discredit someone look your facts up, he has been all pro 4 times

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...H/HampCa00.htm

here's my proof.....i do know what i am talking about unlike some.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Last edited by steel man : 05-17-2009 at 02:14 PM.
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man View Post
before you TRY to discredit someone look your facts up, he has been all pro 4 times

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...H/HampCa00.htm

here's my proof.....i do know what i am talking about unlike some.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=...s&confirm=true

this is the pro bowl.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

All-Pro

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

All-Pro is a term mostly used in the NFL for the best players of each position during that season. It began as polls of sportswriters in the early 1920s. There are also 2nd Team All-Pros which connotes the runner-up at each position. It is generally considered more prestigious than the Pro Bowl.

Pro Bowl
(Redirected from Pro bowl)

In professional American football, the Pro Bowl is the all-star game of the National Football League (NFL). Since the merger with the rival American Football League (AFL) in 1970, it has been officially called the AFC-NFC Pro Bowl, matching players in the American Football Conference (AFC) against those in the National Football Conference (NFC).

This is my proof you haven't got a clue wtf you're talking about.

And that before you TRY to discredit someone look your facts up, he has been all pro 0 times
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=...s&confirm=true

this is the pro bowl.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

All-Pro

All-Pro is a term mostly used in the NFL for the best players of each position during that season. It began as polls of sportswriters in the early 1920s. There are also 2nd Team All-Pros which connotes the runner-up at each position. It is generally considered more prestigious than the Pro Bowl.

Pro Bowl
(Redirected from Pro bowl)

In professional American football, the Pro Bowl is the all-star game of the National Football League (NFL). Since the merger with the rival American Football League (AFL) in 1970, it has been officially called the AFC-NFC Pro Bowl, matching players in the American Football Conference (AFC) against those in the National Football Conference (NFC).

This is my proof you haven't got a clue wtf you're talking about.

And that before you TRY to discredit someone look your facts up, he has been all pro 0 times
Hampton doesn't play a position that lend itself to garnering the type of stats needed for All-Pro.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
Hampton doesn't play a position that lend itself to garnering the type of stats needed for All-Pro.
Then how did Kris Jenkins, Vince Wilfork and Jamal Williams manage it?
Old 05-18-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st i will admit that i typed the wrong phase in the beginning when i said all-pro...as you can tell by my post i was talking about pro-bowls, the ALL_PRO team does not mean anything, it tells you something when some of the players that make the All-pro did not make the Pro-bowl. the all-pro team is a bunch of sportswriters voting on who they like....if a player did not give them an interview or said something that they did not like then they would not vote for him, whereas 2/3's of the pro-bowl's vote comes from people that know real football not just stats in coaches and players so that is why i was proving that he made the pro-bowl 4 times.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man View Post
1st i will admit that i typed the wrong phase in the beginning when i said all-pro...as you can tell by my post i was talking about pro-bowls, the ALL_PRO team does not mean anything, it tells you something when some of the players that make the All-pro did not make the Pro-bowl. the all-pro team is a bunch of sportswriters voting on who they like....if a player did not give them an interview or said something that they did not like then they would not vote for him, whereas 2/3's of the pro-bowl's vote comes from people that know real football not just stats in coaches and players so that is why i was proving that he made the pro-bowl 4 times.

1. People who make the pro bowl are called "pro bowlers". Example: "Eli Manning is a pro bowl quarterback." People who make the all-pro team are referred as "all-pro".
Example: "Peyton Manning is an all-pro quarterback"

2. "2/3's of the pro bowl's vote comes from people that know real football not just stats in coaches and players". Yeah, that's how Roy Williams got in there five consecutive times. Seriously, you're defending the ultimate popularity contest in football as a better gauge of player quality as better than the all-pro team? Really? Really?
Old 05-19-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. People who make the pro bowl are called "pro bowlers". Example: "Eli Manning is a pro bowl quarterback." People who make the all-pro team are referred as "all-pro".
Example: "Peyton Manning is an all-pro quarterback"

2. "2/3's of the pro bowl's vote comes from people that know real football not just stats in coaches and players". Yeah, that's how Roy Williams got in there five consecutive times. Seriously, you're defending the ultimate popularity contest in football as a better gauge of player quality as better than the all-pro team? Really? Really?
Sorry Steel Man.

The AP List is the list of people who actually know what they're talking about. AP Is more a gauge of player ability and success than the Pro-bowl, which almost featured 22 Redskins last year.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote