Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 05-19-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that goes without saying - LOL.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

Plax makes zero sense. we already have a crowd at that position with crabtree and morgan. id love to see him try to f around in practice under singletary's watch though. Chris Mortensen reporting Mike Vick will try his hand at professional dogwalking before returning to the nfl. where is that source? hmm :)
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Walt Harris out for the season

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...ss-season.html

Quote:
Veteran cornerback Walt Harris is likely to miss the 2009 season after sustaining a torn ACL in his right knee yesterday. The injury will require surgery, the team said.

Tarrell Brown, this is your time.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I saw in the practice notes that he left practice with a knee injury. Something didn't sit right with me and now I know why.

I wonder if they would look at bringing in another veteran corner for depth? Like one of the Eagles disgruntled CBs.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Arsenal
Rookie

Arsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Might be the end of his career. I liked watching him a lot the past couple years good luck to him.

I knew someone (Brown) had to step up anyway at cornerback this year, Walt was simply getting too old. This just presses the issue though.

I wonder if the organization will pursue a veteran like Chris McAllister, Dre Bly, or Roderick Hood now. I think the cornerback spot could definately use some more depth now even if it just in the case of Tarrell Brown falling on his face.
Arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My vote would be for McAllister. I think he's got a little left in the tank and would provide some leadership as well. Bly would be 2nd on the list and Hood wouldn't make it. Hood bites IMO.

McAllister is a winner and Sing likes winners.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 05-20-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Tarell Brown will play up to his potential. If he doesn't I wouldn't mind having Shawntae Spencer across from Clements, providing Spencer is healthy.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's you're time, Brown.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with MadIrishman. I'd go with McAllister. He and Coach Sing were together in Baltimore. Makes sense. And yes, Roderick Hood is flatout awful. I'd rather put Walt Harris back out there than play Roderick Hood.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id take McAlister just off of how much he was given in baltimore and how complex his defense was. Theres got to be something wrong though because he looked like he was off to a good season then injured and released. Cap probably was considered but there could be other reasons.

Mike McKenzie, Dre Bly, Rod Hood, even the constant FA Aaron Glenn, and travis fisher?

Rod hood isnt horrible, he just doesnt have any height or long speed, he's a NB.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn not the type of news I wanted in May. Too bad we lost out on Eric Green and Kai Parham in the off season, would be some good depth right now. Wonder if they will kick Reggie Smith back over to CB or have Word-Daniels or Thomas compete for the newly open roster spot? Maiocco says we are going to go after Bly:
Quote:
CB Walt Harris has likely season-ending injury. Good bet 49ers will go after veteran free-agent Dre' Bly. He's played every game past 3 yrs.
Never been a fan of Dre Bly and, like a few posters above, I would like to see SF make a push for McAllister.
Here is a list of free agent CBs
http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...rc=16&pi d=30

Pac Man is still out there, he looked good on Pros vs Joes a few nights ago. :D
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I wouldn't mind having Shawntae Spencer across from Clements, providing Spencer is healthy.
That was my first thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I agree with MadIrishman. I'd go with McAllister. He and Coach Sing were together in Baltimore.
That was my second.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Pac Man is still out there, he looked good on Pros vs Joes a few nights ago. :D
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. :(

Old 05-20-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Id take McAlister just off of how much he was given in baltimore and how complex his defense was. Theres got to be something wrong though because he looked like he was off to a good season then injured and released. Cap probably was considered but there could be other reasons.

Mike McKenzie, Dre Bly, Rod Hood, even the constant FA Aaron Glenn, and travis fisher?

Rod hood isnt horrible, he just doesnt have any height or long speed, he's a NB.
I mean McAlister has played in only 14 games over the last two years. I would sign someone more durable than that.

Remember, they wouldn't sign Holt due to concerns with his knee. They generally don't sign players with injury concerns. This isn't the Raiders forum sir :D

Last edited by thediggler3030 : 05-20-2009 at 08:26 PM.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be oppose to Dre Bly at all. This is a great opportunity for Tarrell lets hope he can build off of a great year last year.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...php?PRKey=5312

Great article about todays OTA. Good to hear Raye is puting in plays for the TE's. To hear that Rice is talking to Morgan a lot is a very good thing too.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...h-dre-bly.html

I wouldnt mind Dre Bly at all.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Arsenal
Rookie

Arsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I would like the Dre Bly signing. At first, I preferred Chris McAlister too but realized the team needs someone more dependable back there. They need a veteran to rely on in case the younger guys falter and you just don't know if McAlister is going to be healthy or not.

I will say Dre Bly looked flat out bad some times I watched in Denver though. I think a lot of this has to do with being left out on an island a lot though and not having the speed he once did because Bly and Champ Bailey were the only two good players on the entire defense.
Arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry to hear that guys :(

One hell of a player, very underrated Cornerback, one of those great, easily forgettable players. I forgot how much I hate playing against him. Unless Jackson is trucking along, breaking forearms ;)

You guys will still be fine, Singletary already has something up his sleeve I'd assume, he always does.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Sorry to hear that guys :(

One hell of a player, very underrated Cornerback, one of those great, easily forgettable players. I forgot how much I hate playing against him. Unless Jackson is trucking along, breaking forearms ;)

You guys will still be fine, Singletary already has something up his sleeve I'd assume, he always does.
Do you want an E-hug?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No brotha! Trust me, on gameday I change, I hate you all, but right now, a respectable rival. Whom is fun to talk with.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I find this strange urge to give you one.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Haha, you know what. Yeah, an e-hug would be great :P

Old 05-21-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*E-Hugs HawkeyeFan*

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

*blushes* LULz

While I'm here. Thoughts on my boy Bartell?