Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-21-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Terminator franchise is an elite movie franchise. The first one was a unique and fascinating sci-fi movie. The second one was a box office smash, was also a good movie and set new standards for special effects. A new Terminator movie deserves a good story, dialogue, character development, etc to go along with the special effects. It doesn't sound like it got those things.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
The Terminator franchise is an elite movie franchise. The first one was a unique and fascinating sci-fi movie. The second one was a box office smash, was also a good movie and set new standards for special effects. A new Terminator movie deserves a good story, dialogue, character development, etc to go along with the special effects. It doesn't sound like it got those things.
Lets hope the same doesn't happen to Tron....snicker.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone hear anything about Killshot?
Old 05-21-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone ever seen the movie Blowout? It's from 1981, it stars John Travolta and was directed by Brian De Palma.

The reason I was wondering was in Quentin Tarrantino's famous interview on Charlie Rose (1994), he said the Blowout is one of three favorite movies of all time alongside Taxi Driver and Rio Bravo. I hadn't heard of it before that and was wondering if anyone on here has seen it.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So did anyone see T4 tonight? I was thinking about going but, will probably hold off until next week now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****. Halsey is back

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably because, I dont care about empire but I just realized, their staff sure as hell has some crazy infatuation with Fight Club. They ranked it the 9th best movie of all-time and Tyler Durden was the #1 movie character of all-time? Does APS work for Empire? lol.

As for something else...what's the big deal with the movie, Serenity? Amazing reviews. I've seen like 10 minutes of it and was bored out of my mind. It didnt seem any different than any other made for tv, sci-fi movie in a glance.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-21-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terminator Salvation so far: 33% on Rottentomatoes, 8.3/10 on IMDB with 2500+ votes, and a 52 on Metacritic. Pretty much the definition of mixed reviews.

I'm not one to look at reviews as the deciding factor if I'm going to see a movie or not, but there it is for anyone who is interested.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I watched The Matador last night, and it was much more enjoyable then I thought it would be. Dragged a bit at times, but Brosnan was awesome as a wavering hitman. Very very good.
That movie was great. I loved it. Kinnear is great.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:41 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

When it comes to a big movie like this...I would take IMDB's rating with a grain of salt. Fan boys are always throwing 10s in there, just to get the rating up.

I will say this, though. The majority of Terminator fans dont seem all that pleased with the movie after reading some of the comments in their IMDB forum.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-22-2009, 03:07 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
When it comes to a big movie like this...I would take IMDB's rating with a grain of salt. Fan boys are always throwing 10s in there, just to get the rating up.

I will say this, though. The majority of Terminator fans dont seem all that pleased with the movie after reading some of the comments in their IMDB forum.
That is another thing to take with a grain of salt on IMDd, the forums. The posters their hate everything. Anything new in a franchise is typically met with a particular type of disdain.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:14 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
That is another thing to take with a grain of salt on IMDd, the forums. The posters their hate everything. Anything new in a franchise is typically met with a particular type of disdain.
meh, it depends. They were so geeked up for this movie prior to its release and the same posters saying how great it would be are the same one's with their heads down. I was actually surprised because, normally the fan boy type would defend a crappy movie in their favorite series or w/e with their life.

It doesnt look too good for T4. Rottentomatoes (top critics) is a better way to go if people are actually interested in reviews. I'll obviously decide for myself in the long run but, the top critics over there normally know their stuff.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-22-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from seeing it, it wasn't terrible, better than the rest of the series but I was never a fan of those anyways.

I would give it a 6.8/10

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I atleast hope it will be better than the 3rd one, which I thought was awful.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-22-2009, 03:57 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably because, I dont care about empire but I just realized, their staff sure as hell has some crazy infatuation with Fight Club. They ranked it the 9th best movie of all-time and Tyler Durden was the #1 movie character of all-time? Does APS work for Empire? lol.

As for something else...what's the big deal with the movie, Serenity? Amazing reviews. I've seen like 10 minutes of it and was bored out of my mind. It didnt seem any different than any other made for tv, sci-fi movie in a glance.
I wish I worked for Empire...

And as far as Serenity goes, it, along with Sunshine, are two of my favorite modern sci fi movies. I am a HUGE fan of the original Firefly series, and while I felt that the movie lost alot of the Spaghetti Western feel that the TV series had, I still loved it. I have seen the TV series through like 3 times, and the movie a bunch as well. Love the series. Give the movie a chance. Malcolm Reynolds is an awesome character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:59 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
****. Halsey is back
Just another reason why I love you Fisch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:01 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Man on Wire.......Mind boggling.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:15 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is one of the greatest Youtube videos ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSPxB-2d-Rw

So true. I just can't understand why so many people like the new Star Trek movie. Just unoriginal, uninspired garbage.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is one of the greatest Youtube videos ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSPxB-2d-Rw

So true. I just can't understand why so many people like the new Star Trek movie. Just unoriginal, uninspired garbage.
You're entitled to your opinion, but you're a ******* idiot.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So is the new Terminator as dumbed down from the original as the new Star Trek is from old Star Trek? It's hard to get excited for hollow special effect fests anymore. The trailers make the new Terminator look kinda like the Transformers movie. It's sad because I love the original Terminator. T2 was good and T3 was decent to me. I really want the new one to be more than what I think it's gonna be. :(
Oh please tell me how the new Star Trek is "dumbed down" from the old Star Treks.

Quote:
Yeah I wasn't enjoying it either and turned it off half way through almost.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Just watched Man on Wire.......Mind boggling.
Just watched Man on Fire........Mind numbing.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Serenity was made to be a stand alone story/movie so you could watch it without previous exposure to the show and not be insanely wtf confused.

That said, Serenity is just not the same movie if you don't have a background watching Firefly. And watching Firefly is worth it, its that good. You're just going to be real pissed when its finished and you can't get anymore.

Last edited by El Peefs????? : 05-22-2009 at 08:09 PM.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's weird because I heard McG had a bunch of hardcore Terminator fans on set with him who helped him direct the movie. He would confide in them to see if everything was ok.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I haven't seen Salvation yet so I can't say for sure that it is garbage but judging by reviews I ******* called it. I told you all not to get your hopes up but nobody would listen :(
Old 05-22-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bale is the best Connor (not that it takes much) and Yelchin is ******* awesome, so the movie has that going for it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote