Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I will agree that SA is the most fundamentally sounds but my vote goes to either Dallas or Phoenix.
I still like our chances against the Spurs, mainly because Amare kills Duncan.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little old as I saw it during the All-star game but didn't know the story behind it but it's great:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TU_5eY6eSSg
"We were sitting there in the timeout watching them Elvis guys dunk, and my big mouth, I was like, “Man, I can do that better than them.” And then they missed a couple so I was like, “When they finish up, I’m going to go do it.”
Shaq was like, “Yeah, right.” He said, “I’ll put $100,000 in your foundation.”

I was like, $100,000 or get in trouble by David Stern?

$100,000 or get in trouble by David Stern?

Oh man, I’ll take that fine. So I did it for my Zer0 2 Her0 charity.

It was great though. Between the legs…Yea-ahhh!

I used to practice those trampoline dunks back at Golden State. I can flip and everything. But I didn’t want to flip and crack my neck."

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2007 NBA Draft Thread

Never too early to talk NBA Draft. Post prospect analysis and mock drafts and whatever else here.

I will be doing a weekly Writeup, visit this first post of the thread to see them all.

Write-up Archive:

Feb, 26-2007:http://www.freewebs.com/ghsermon/feb262007.htm

March, 5-2007:http://www.freewebs.com/ghsermon/march52007.htm

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 03-05-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm really hoping that the Suns draft Al Horford. I wouldn't be dissapointed with Joakim Noah (though I doubt he's even around when we pick), but Horford might be able to come in and contribute from day one with Kurt Thomas on his last leg. Our number one priority should be to get another low post defender/rebounder. Plus, Horford's aggressiveness would be a nice addition to the team (we have too many guys like Boris Diaw). With his ability to run the floor, he's pretty much the perfect fit.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Jeff Green he can do it all and is imo a top 5 prospect
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the best all round game goes to Nick Young from USC. Solid offensive, solid defensive game, grabs alot of boards for a SG. Could potentially play SG or SF. I like to compare his game to that of Joe Johnson.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horford or Green gets my vote. Both are beasts on defense and have good offensive games.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

where's kevin durrant?
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey Brewer is the best player on Florida IMO and is the best out of all of those.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd probably say Julian Wright at this point, but if Corey Brewer can develop a more consistent offensive game, I'd go with Brewer.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
where's kevin durrant?
I think everyone is tired of the Durant/Oden argument. So we get to talk about some 2nd/3rd tier prospects.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President View Post
I'm really hoping that the Suns draft Al Horford. I wouldn't be dissapointed with Joakim Noah (though I doubt he's even around when we pick), but Horford might be able to come in and contribute from day one with Kurt Thomas on his last leg. Our number one priority should be to get another low post defender/rebounder. Plus, Horford's aggressiveness would be a nice addition to the team (we have too many guys like Boris Diaw). With his ability to run the floor, he's pretty much the perfect fit.
Here's my First Annual Weekly Draft Writeup, If you want an opinion on a prospect or team question PM me and I'll include it in my weekly writeup if you want to know what I think:

Monday February 26, 2007.
As the Hawks keep winning very possible Suns will have a pick in the range of 10-18.
Everyone knows my thoughts on Noah as I think he belongs no where near the Lottery and is way overrated, but he would be a good but not great addition to the Suns. He won't get you too many rebounds or score but he will run around and block shots and play a Anderson Varenjao type role for the Suns. If I were the Suns I'd rather take Horford as having a true low post scorer other than Amare would do wonders for them. IMO Horford goes ahead of Noah. Other guys the Suns should consider:Hasheem Thabeet, Loads of potential is Athletic enough to play on the Suns as he can run the court and block shots and grab rebounds. Al Thorton, a super athletic do it all Forward who would fit in perfect with the Suns. Jeff Green, Basically a Rich Man's Boris Diaw he does everything Diaw does but more, drafting him could open up the possibility of moving Diaw.Corey Brewer, an athletic 2 guard who is a great defender and could start at the 2 spot for them. Good enough ballhandler to be the perfect pair with Barbosa when he is at PG.

Right now I really think this draft is just terrible in terms of point guards, if bigger names don't declare we can see as few as 1 to 2 point guards taken in the first round. Acie Law is clearly the top of the Class, but isn't a pure point guard. Next best PG's would be the UVA duo in JR Reynolds and Sean Singletary if he declares, but neither are pure PG's either they are combo guards. As for guys who might declare Darren Collison altough I doubt he declares unless he has a magical tourney performance.Javaris Crittenton, again I'm about 70/30 he returns as he is truly a gifted guard, but not point guard. I think he will be a great scorer in the league but as for running a team I wouldn't trust him. He's in the Jamal Crawford scorers mentality mold. Mike Conley is raw but good and might come out if Oden and Cook leave but I doubt it.

Dominic James is the most interesting, at the start of the year I was really high on him and had him in the lottery and was thinking he would follow Dwade into a big season but this year he really has been nothing better than horrible and would be foolish to leave school. First off you must look at his size and 5-11" it's not ideal but it can be worked around his size is the least of his problems. His shooting first off has been horrible. The past 7 games he's been shooting like 11-67 from the field or something terrible like that and has had many 2-4 point games shooting like 1-20. His shooting is really an issue as he is very streaky and he forces up way too many shots, he isn't Dwade so he needs to stop acting like it. In a fast break offense he makes good decisions ala Dee Brown(Illinois Dee Brown) but in a half court set he really struggles to get things started, IMO he still has loads of potential but needs a heck of a lot of work on his game.

My Prospect Hot List:
Jeff Green:The past 2 months arguably other than Kevin Durant no one has been as hot as Green. He is an unselfish all around player who is the kind of guy you build a championship team around. He is 6-8" and has a very solid build. He is a great ballhandler, amazing passser for his size, reliable and consitent shooter, great rebounder down low, and a great shot blocker coming off a 10 block game. I think he is the 1 surefire slam dunk in the draft. You know what you are getting from him. Every year in his career he will average around 15 ppg, 8 rpg, 5 apg, 2 bpg and will play defense. He will bring it every night and mold his team together, while he won't blow up on the stat sheet with huge scoring numbers it's a testament to his great unselfishness and his desire for his team to win.

Scottie Reynolds:Has really shown up as of late leading Villanova. He won't come out this year but he has really proven his critics wrong this year, especially as of late. Even though he was a McDonalds All-American coming out of high school and tore up Nortern Region VA bball like no other before him very few were talking about him as a pro prospect. He has really improved on his point guard skills and is not anymore just a shoot first Point Guard. Only a Freshman he is a hybrid guard and a mix of Deron Williams and Allan Ray. If he stays all 4 years in college he has a chance to be a better prospect than Randy Foye because of his potential to be a true PG.

Arron Afflalo:His draft stock has been like a rollercoaster. Last year was probably a late first rounder had he stayed in the draft which I was almost sure he would after Farmar left but after staying another year in college he has matured and gotten much better. At the start of the year his draft stock hit an alltime low as there was mid to late 2nd talk as many felt he wasn't assertive enough and didn't show much improvement, but as of late his game has really taken off. He is the model of Mr. Consistency, and while he won't wow you with Athletic ability he will Score on a very consitent basis and is a very capable defender, what impresses me most is his knowledge of the game as he never looks lost on the court, he should be a solid lock top 25 pick this year and will make an immediate impact his rookie year.

Prospect Cold List:
Josh McRoberts:An early 2006 mid to late lottery prospect McRoberts has really not impressed me at all this year. While I hate Duke and all of their players I can respect McRoberts as a prospect because of his all around game but right now he is very overrated if you consider him a top 10 pick. It is well known that he is a very versatile guy, he can dribble, rebound, shoot, and sometimes is an unreal passer but he has yet to put it all together into consistent dominant game which he should be. In the NBA his lack of athleticisim will take away from his rebounding and defensive abilities which currently allow him to pass fine in the NCAA's. His offensive game is not consistent and at times becomes way too enamored with his back to the basket ambidextrous hook shots. In the NBA I see him as a nice role player but not the Franchise lottery player that most had him at the start of the year. While more time in school he could eventually turn into that as of now he's not there. Also he hasn't developed into that Vocal team leader that Elton Brand, Trajan Langdon, Battier, and Duhon were, and I think that's something Duke fans expected him to be this year. He brings passion and energy but doesn't lead his team in important positions the way he should be.

Reyshawn Terry:After such a good season last year I would have expected Terry to be much better this year. While the incoming recruiting class in particular Wayne Ellington have a lot to do with that, Terry should be performing at a much higher level if he wished to be an early 2nd rounder. This year he just hasn't looked into the game while some of that can be put on not getting enough shot attempts he deserves some blame. When in the game his shooting has been very inconsistent and he hasn't been using his above average athleticism to his advantage. He isn't a great defender and on offense should be driving much more instead of taking mid range jumpers which he isn't consistent at. He has really taken steps backwards from last year in which I thought he would have a chance to go late first in 07 but as of now I think without a good pre draft camp and a good showing in Portsmouth he will really struggle now to be drafted.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Cut into 2 parts as it didn't allow me to post any longer

Here is my little writeup on my local teams chances in the upcoming NCAA tourney:

Georgetown:Out of all the local DC teams they have the greatest chance of winning it all. The veteran leadership is great and this is a fairly experienced team that has been there before. The team is led by JTIII who while not the same type of coaching style as his father has really taken the job and begun to write his own legacy while it is unknown if he will ever match his father. He has successfully implemented his Princeton offense into the team and Gtown is one of the most efficient and highest percentage shooting teams in the Nation. Every team knows the backdoor cut is coming but very few can actually stop it. Jeff Green and Roy Hibbert are obviously the leaders of the team but they are not alone. Green is basically everything I said about him earlier in the page and he really leads the team without forcing the game. Hibbert while a little inconsistent this year is a monster and really has taken strides since he came in as a skinny Freshman with no coordination. He will probably stay next year and is a probable lottery pick in 08. He is a force on the boards and shot blocking on defense and his offensive game has really taken off, it doesn't hurt that he's great from the line. Don't worry he's not another Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje. Jonathan Wallace has been one of the most steady players in America. He is a reliable ball handler and free throw shooter and rarely makes mental errors. He can hit the three at a very high percentage. Jessie Sapp is more of the wildchild and more explosive as a scorer, but he has found lots of control to his game. Doc Rivers son Freshman Jeremiah Rivers has been very solid in a backup role.The loss of Ashanti Cook and Brandon Bowman isn't as bad as I thought it would be. The two Freshman sensations Vernon Macklin and Dajaun Summers have not played like rookies this year. While Macklin was much more highly recruited and has not dissapointed Summers has been one of the top Frosh's in college basketball and could be drafted lottery in 08 or 09. His 3 point shooting has been deadly and is a more explosive but less defensive minded Jeff Green. Patrick Ewing Jr. is the team mold and while his production isn't great when he steps on the court he brings the defensive energy and makes his papa proud every night.

Maryland:Maryland has really been on as of late, the wins over Duke and Carolina have been great and they are now a virtual lock for the Tourney. Freshman Pg's Hayes and Grevis Vasquez have played beyond their ages and are the perfect complements for each other. Vasquez is electric while Hayes is a young Steve Blake. Mike Jones while being a major bust coming in with lofty expectations is a very capable scorer. DJ Strawberry has been dinomite this year and has worked his way as a possible early 2nd rounder. He is a great ballhandler explosive on fast breaks and in the passing lanes and has really developed his jumpshot. Ibekwe and Gist are kind of one of the same player which is a good thing. They are explosive dunkers and great shot blockers and intimdate down low. The more surprising thing has been the great contributions of backup bigmen Will Bowers and Osby.

UVA+Virginia Tech:Well my wrist is getting a little tired so I'll go short on them. Both teams it's all about the guard play. UVA has the best backcourt in the nation in Sean Singletary and JR Reynolds while VAtech has almost an equally impressive backcout in senior guards Dowdell and Jamon Gordon. Both have real chances to surprise in the tourney with their strong guard play.

2007 Draft Positional Rankings:
PG:
1-Acie Law
2-Mustafa Shakur
3-Sean Singletary

SG:
1-Arron Afflalo
2-Marco Belinelli
3-Morris Almond

SF:
1-Kevin Durant
2-Jeff Green
3-Julian Wright

PF:
1-Al Horford
2-Brandan Wright
3-Yi Jianlian

C:
1-Greg Oden
2-Hasheem Thabeet
3-Aaron Gray

Freshman Rankings:
1-Kevin Durant
2-Greg Oden
3-Brandan Wright
4-Javaris Crittenton
5-Dejuan Summers

Future Watch, players to look out for:

Deandre Jordan, Jerryd Bayless, Lance Stephenson(09)

Old 02-26-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Here's my First Annual Weekly Draft Writeup, If you want an opinion on a prospect or team question PM me and I'll include it in my weekly writeup if you want to know what I think:

Monday February 26, 2007.
As the Hawks keep winning very possible Suns will have a pick in the range of 10-18.
Everyone knows my thoughts on Noah as I think he belongs no where near the Lottery and is way overrated, but he would be a good but not great addition to the Suns. He won't get you too many rebounds or score but he will run around and block shots and play a Anderson Varenjao type role for the Suns. If I were the Suns I'd rather take Horford as having a true low post scorer other than Amare would do wonders for them. IMO Horford goes ahead of Noah. Other guys the Suns should consider:Hasheem Thabeet, Loads of potential is Athletic enough to play on the Suns as he can run the court and block shots and grab rebounds. Al Thorton, a super athletic do it all Forward who would fit in perfect with the Suns. Jeff Green, Basically a Rich Man's Boris Diaw he does everything Diaw does but more, drafting him could open up the possibility of moving Diaw.Corey Brewer, an athletic 2 guard who is a great defender and could start at the 2 spot for them. Good enough ballhandler to be the perfect pair with Barbosa when he is at PG.

Right now I really think this draft is just terrible in terms of point guards, if bigger names don't declare we can see as few as 1 to 2 point guards taken in the first round. Acie Law is clearly the top of the Class, but isn't a pure point guard. Next best PG's would be the UVA duo in JR Reynolds and Sean Singletary if he declares, but neither are pure PG's either they are combo guards. As for guys who might declare Darren Collison altough I doubt he declares unless he has a magical tourney performance.Javaris Crittenton, again I'm about 70/30 he returns as he is truly a gifted guard, but not point guard. I think he will be a great scorer in the league but as for running a team I wouldn't trust him. He's in the Jamal Crawford scorers mentality mold. Mike Conley is raw but good and might come out if Oden and Cook leave but I doubt it.

Dominic James is the most interesting, at the start of the year I was really high on him and had him in the lottery and was thinking he would follow Dwade into a big season but this year he really has been nothing better than horrible and would be foolish to leave school. First off you must look at his size and 5-11" it's not ideal but it can be worked around his size is the least of his problems. His shooting first off has been horrible. The past 7 games he's been shooting like 11-67 from the field or something terrible like that and has had many 2-4 point games shooting like 1-20. His shooting is really an issue as he is very streaky and he forces up way too many shots, he isn't Dwade so he needs to stop acting like it. In a fast break offense he makes good decisions ala Dee Brown(Illinois Dee Brown) but in a half court set he really struggles to get things started, IMO he still has loads of potential but needs a heck of a lot of work on his game.

My Prospect Hot List:
Jeff Green:The past 2 months arguably other than Kevin Durant no one has been as hot as Green. He is an unselfish all around player who is the kind of guy you build a championship team around. He is 6-8" and has a very solid build. He is a great ballhandler, amazing passser for his size, reliable and consitent shooter, great rebounder down low, and a great shot blocker coming off a 10 block game. I think he is the 1 surefire slam dunk in the draft. You know what you are getting from him. Every year in his career he will average around 15 ppg, 8 rpg, 5 apg, 2 bpg and will play defense. He will bring it every night and mold his team together, while he won't blow up on the stat sheet with huge scoring numbers it's a testament to his great unselfishness and his desire for his team to win.

Scottie Reynolds:Has really shown up as of late leading Villanova. He won't come out this year but he has really proven his critics wrong this year, especially as of late. Even though he was a McDonalds All-American coming out of high school and tore up Nortern Region VA bball like no other before him very few were talking about him as a pro prospect. He has really improved on his point guard skills and is not anymore just a shoot first Point Guard. Only a Freshman he is a hybrid guard and a mix of Deron Williams and Allan Ray. If he stays all 4 years in college he has a chance to be a better prospect than Randy Foye because of his potential to be a true PG.

Arron Afflalo:His draft stock has been like a rollercoaster. Last year was probably a late first rounder had he stayed in the draft which I was almost sure he would after Farmar left but after staying another year in college he has matured and gotten much better. At the start of the year his draft stock hit an alltime low as there was mid to late 2nd talk as many felt he wasn't assertive enough and didn't show much improvement, but as of late his game has really taken off. He is the model of Mr. Consistency, and while he won't wow you with Athletic ability he will Score on a very consitent basis and is a very capable defender, what impresses me most is his knowledge of the game as he never looks lost on the court, he should be a solid lock top 25 pick this year and will make an immediate impact his rookie year.

Prospect Cold List:
Josh McRoberts:An early 2006 mid to late lottery prospect McRoberts has really not impressed me at all this year. While I hate Duke and all of their players I can respect McRoberts as a prospect because of his all around game but right now he is very overrated if you consider him a top 10 pick. It is well known that he is a very versatile guy, he can dribble, rebound, shoot, and sometimes is an unreal passer but he has yet to put it all together into consistent dominant game which he should be. In the NBA his lack of athleticisim will take away from his rebounding and defensive abilities which currently allow him to pass fine in the NCAA's. His offensive game is not consistent and at times becomes way too enamored with his back to the basket ambidextrous hook shots. In the NBA I see him as a nice role player but not the Franchise lottery player that most had him at the start of the year. While more time in school he could eventually turn into that as of now he's not there. Also he hasn't developed into that Vocal team leader that Elton Brand, Trajan Langdon, Battier, and Duhon were, and I think that's something Duke fans expected him to be this year. He brings passion and energy but doesn't lead his team in important positions the way he should be.

Reyshawn Terry:After such a good season last year I would have expected Terry to be much better this year. While the incoming recruiting class in particular Wayne Ellington have a lot to do with that, Terry should be performing at a much higher level if he wished to be an early 2nd rounder. This year he just hasn't looked into the game while some of that can be put on not getting enough shot attempts he deserves some blame. When in the game his shooting has been very inconsistent and he hasn't been using his above average athleticism to his advantage. He isn't a great defender and on offense should be driving much more instead of taking mid range jumpers which he isn't consistent at. He has really taken steps backwards from last year in which I thought he would have a chance to go late first in 07 but as of now I think without a good pre draft camp and a good showing in Portsmouth he will really struggle now to be drafted.
I envy you GS.

Btw, Bayless is amazing. Saw him play up in Peoria against Verdell Jones (a 4 star prospect form Champaign). Arizona found themselves a player.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As usual I have no idea what Isiah Thomas is planning on doing. I want to add someone at PG right now, Francis and Marbury are both really breaking down this year, I expect atleast 1 of them to be bought out.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I will be archiving all my writeups in my first post.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Durant to Milwaukee!

If we end up in the 5-10 eange I'd want Green.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Durant to Milwaukee!

If we end up in the 5-10 eange I'd want Green.
Any updates on Bobby Simmons and his future next year. It really sucks for him one of my favorite players and was so pissed off when the Wizards released him.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

big fan of mustafa shakur. he really improved his stock.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Any updates on Bobby Simmons and his future next year. It really sucks for him one of my favorite players and was so pissed off when the Wizards released him.
Sucks that he was hurt, but honestly from what I've seen last year he's nothing special. He had one good year with the Clippers but that's about it. Reuben Patterson has been doing just as good of a job this year and is a lot better defensively. He'll probably stay on the team, but I'd love to see us trade him.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just wanted it to be known, that I won the NBA Mock Draft contest last year. Carry on.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Very true. He aswell as the whole Marquette team dropped off lately. There is no way he should leave now and he won't(good for us). However I still think he could be something special and a lottery pick when he does come out. He is not Wade, but that is a very high level to match.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Ghetto as a wiz fan what would you think of us taking Nick Young. He could be the SG of the future for us. Im not sure if Deshawn is coming back or not but basically this year he is playing for a decent contract somewhere since hes playing for the league minimum so I dont know the likelyhood we get him back. PF/C is our obvious need but I am not thrilled with any player at either of those positions. Another prospect who I like for the Wiz is Marcus williams who I feel is a lottery pick but alot of people have him sliding down the boards.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Ghetto as a wiz fan what would you think of us taking Nick Young. He could be the SG of the future for us. Im not sure if Deshawn is coming back or not but basically this year he is playing for a decent contract somewhere since hes playing for the league minimum so I dont know the likelyhood we get him back. PF/C is our obvious need but I am not thrilled with any player at either of those positions. Another prospect who I like for the Wiz is Marcus williams who I feel is a lottery pick but alot of people have him sliding down the boards.
If Deshawn does not come back SG is our biggest need and even if he does I would still probably go SG unless a Center drops to us. Jarvis Sucks and should be gone and I fear Deshawn is playing especially great because he is in a contract year and is earning few pennies this year, so a good backup is needed for him if he comes, as AD is more of a PG and Donell Taylor who some said was the next Larry Hughes has really not improved and is a terrible shooter. Nick Young would be great as he is very versatile and more importantly to the Wiz is a great defender. I would however look at a Al Thorton who is kind of a mix of Caron and Jamison's game and would give that depth if one of them goes down like this year. I'm hoping that Pecherov is here next year and Songaila is looking solid, not sure Veremeenko will ever come over though.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Brandon Rush and Daequan Cook are 2 SGs that I really like who don't really get much publicity.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote