Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 05-27-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When NFLN said the 49ers in their latest rebuilding profect I just turned it off.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
When NFLN said the 49ers in their latest rebuilding profect I just turned it off.
No one is giving us any credit. People seem to forget that we went 5-3 with Hill/Singletary last year, the three losses coming on the road in close games against teams with winning records, and got better in offseason.
abaddon41_80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weren't we 1-yard from going to the playoffs? Didn't Arizona finish 8-8 and us at 7-9, but we held the tie-breaker with a better division record?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Weren't we 1-yard from going to the playoffs? Didn't Arizona finish 8-8 and us at 7-9, but we held the tie-breaker with a better division record?
Arizona finished 9-7.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Devil's Advocate: we barely beat the Rams in week 16, had to go into OT to beat Seattle in week 2. Not to mention that if Nedney missed the 39-yarder in week 17, we would have gone to OT, and there's no assurance how that would have ended.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A win's a win. The Niners gave away 3 or 4 games early in the season, that if they had made a certain play or had stopped their opponent in a certain situation, they could have pulled off another couple wins.

I was at the Monday night AZ game when they were robbed by horrible officiating IMO. That game could have easily been a win as well, giving a better head to head record and division record. The Cardinals themselves were a little underrated as well, and showed it when they made a run in the playoffs, earning them some respect.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Arizona finished 9-7.
Right. What I meant was that if we had gotten that 1 yard I mentioned, then we both would have finished 8-8 and we'd have had the tie-breaker and the spot in the playoffs.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Right. What I meant was that if we had gotten that 1 yard I mentioned, then we both would have finished 8-8 and we'd have had the tie-breaker and the spot in the playoffs.
IIRC, they still would have been 5-1 in the division while we would have been 4-2.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
IIRC, they still would have been 5-1 in the division while we would have been 4-2.
Well damn. Where the hell did I hear that we were 1-yard away from the playoffs? I'm going to pop that dude in the mouf.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could argue that the 49ers could've won 11 or so games last season. I also think it's obvious to people who pay close attention to the talent on the team, they are close to being a playoff team. With that said, I'm tired of hearing about how the media should respect the 49ers more. The truth is, the team needs to earn the respect and make it impossible for the so-called "experts" to NOT notice. Show it on the field. Win some games against highly favored teams. Dominate against lesser opposition. Play a complete season of high-caliber football. The media will be forced to show respect, and it will be done the right way... they will have earned it by their play.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
A win's a win. The Niners gave away 3 or 4 games early in the season, that if they had made a certain play or had stopped their opponent in a certain situation, they could have pulled off another couple wins.

I was at the Monday night AZ game when they were robbed by horrible officiating IMO. That game could have easily been a win as well, giving a better head to head record and division record. The Cardinals themselves were a little underrated as well, and showed it when they made a run in the playoffs, earning them some respect.
But it goes both ways, you cannot say, "oh they gave this game away" or the like. A win was a win for the other team. I'm just pointing out that it's easy to say, "oh we should have one this one" when any other team we just narrowly beat is saying the exact same thing.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:18 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

I would rather get less respect from the media. Every year the popular sleeper is horrible. SF was that last year or two years ago I forget. I would much rather a team play with a "nobody believes in us" attitude. It also makes it harder to get niners in your fantasy draft. I am hoping people are really tired of Vernon as a sleeper pick :)
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bear signed! Let the Pascoe era begin! :)

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...php?PRKey=5325

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 05-28-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
But it goes both ways, you cannot say, "oh they gave this game away" or the like. A win was a win for the other team. I'm just pointing out that it's easy to say, "oh we should have one this one" when any other team we just narrowly beat is saying the exact same thing.
Totally, there were some wins we've had that the other team "gave away," that could be argued at least.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Oh yeah, it does go both ways, but a win is a win and a loss is a loss.

Man, I should do press conferences with all these cliches.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is what it is.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

We just gotta take 'em one game at a time.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Winning is a team effort.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Oh yeah, it does go both ways, but a win is a win and a loss is a loss.

Man, I should do press conferences with all these cliches.
No, you'd sound like John Madden

"You win when you score points, and if you don't score, well, that won't lead to winning to many ball games."

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:42 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate John Madden. I'm so happy that he's retired.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:42 AM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I hate John Madden. I'm so happy that he's retired.
You should probably stop caring about football. Madden is a legend and he is one of the greatest forces on the game in its history. What has he done to make anyone hate him?

Who do you guys think will start opposite Nasty Nate? Obviously we brought in a reliable vet in Bly but on the other hand we have Brown in the wings who has looked pretty intriguing... Should be nearly as interesting as the WR battle.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:34 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

people are too hard on madden. The guy was great at his job. He always had the highest rated games: snf mnf, super bowl. these are games with the dumbest audiences and therefore need the most basic analysis. It annoys us when he says things that are BOOM! obvious to us, but some dudes wife might not be so annoyed.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:09 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez View Post
people are too hard on madden. The guy was great at his job. He always had the highest rated games: snf mnf, super bowl. these are games with the dumbest audiences and therefore need the most basic analysis. It annoys us when he says things that are BOOM! obvious to us, but some dudes wife might not be so annoyed.
You'd be surprised. My wife, who watches very few games with me, always commented his commentary. She would say things like, "Well, duuuhhhhh." or "Even I know that." Then I would be stuck listening to both Madden and my wife. FML

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rk 0ne View Post
Who do you guys think will start opposite Nasty Nate? Obviously we brought in a reliable vet in Bly but on the other hand we have Brown in the wings who has looked pretty intriguing... Should be nearly as interesting as the WR battle.
"Technically" I think the battle may be too close to call but in reality I think all three will be on the field at the same time alot. I don't have a preference because I want the best players on the field. With that said, it'd be nice to see a young talent such as Tarell Brown to step-up and become a legitimate NFL talent. Clements needs to drastically improve his play this season as well.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I think Bly will start games but share equal playing time with Brown. Spencer is in third, in the #2 Cb battle and I expect him to stay there. We took Brown in the 4th, if I recall correctly, but his talent was late 2nd-early third in value, at worst.