Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

The problem with our FA spending is in the past we have spent boat loads of money on players that are not elite level talent. I hated the Brandon Lloyd, Adam Archuleta and Antwaan Randle El signings. We spent WAY too much for them and they are questionable talent. IMO the Andre Carter signing worked out because he is capable of putting up good sack totals when the defense isnt focusing on just him. I hate that we still have Randle El. He makes an insane amount of money for a #3 WR and his cap his is gigantic so we cant even let him go yet. I have been saying we need to bring in some of the best FAs at their positions. My case is London Fletcher. He has been a rock for us and was one of the best MLBs in football before he came to DC and he still is.

My point is that Albert is another elite level player. I agree he has been inconsistant and his injuries are a factor for playing the whole season. But we had the #4 ranked defense without him and it is proven statistically that he makes others around him better.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fully expect Albert to improve the Redskins D.

I just wonder for how long. If he once again can't play his best by the time January rolls around because he's dinging up - something any truly elite player should do - then his presence won't be of much use.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
I fully expect Albert to improve the Redskins D.

I just wonder for how long. If he once again can't play his best by the time January rolls around because he's dinging up - something any truly elite player should do - then his presence won't be of much use.
I think the perception that he will be forced to play more then usual is wrong. We didnt lose anyone from our DL last year and we added him and Orakpo. We will be able to keep him fresh

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:13 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
I think the perception that he will be forced to play more then usual is wrong. We didnt lose anyone from our DL last year and we added him and Orakpo. We will be able to keep him fresh
My statement had nothing to do with the Redskins style - he was rotated thoroughly in Tennessee every one of his years, and he never once made it all 16 games. As it happened, some of those years was those cap killed losing seasons but when the Titans were in the playoffs or sniffing them, he was either injured or post-injury, and either one means a less impacting Haynesworth.

I believe if he had some sort of meaningful playoff impact in his career he would have been re-signed. Since he hadn't, though, it's hard to justify putting so much money into a guy who isn't living up to his paycheck when it matters most. His luck may change in Washington, but there was a pretty clear pattern forming.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote