Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-27-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.
Default Brian Johnston Cut

We cut Brian Johnston today per ESPN. I guess Piloi wasn't at all impressed with our draft last year as that is now 4 guys. I really thought he might fit in as an OLB in the new scheme. I'm not sure who all is going to make up the 53 man roster but it appears it's going to be much different.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I don't think he was going to be much of an impact player anyways.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many guys are left 6? The two corners Brandon Flower and Brandon Carr.

Remember when they drafted 10 guys and people were saying greatest draft by the Chiefs.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, bleh. Brian Johnston was such a good pick and was definitely a developmental player. He could have played ILB in a 3-4, possible a 3tech or something. He was promising.

It's one thing to mold the roster to what you want to do but it's a completely different thing to drop an entire draft class because you didn't draft it. I hope he's not doing the latter.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 05-28-2009 at 02:53 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His 3 tackles won't be missed.

It was still a pretty good draft any way you look at it.

Last edited by Splat : 05-28-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, why don't I look at it this way:

1(5): Glenn Dorsey - Already trade rumors swirling. Still with us.

1(15): Branden Albert - Absolute stud. Still with us.

2(35): Brandon Flowers - Straight baller. Still with us.

3(73): Jamaal Charles - Did alright. Still with us.

3(76): Brad Cottam - Hopefully makes strides this year. Still with us.

3(82): Dajuan Morgan - Unsure where he'll fit. Still with us.

4(105): Will Franklin - Cut. On the Lions now.

5(140): Brandon Carr - Unsure where he will fit. Still with us.

6(170): Barry Richardson - Looked decent. Still with us.

6(182): Kevin Robinson - Cut. Free agent.

7(210): Brian Johnston - Called, by Scott, the steal of the 2008 draft. Cut. Free agent.

7(239): Mike Merritt - Cut. Free agent.

Since last year, we've cut 4 players, Dorsey has been linked with trade talks, and Carr might not have a starting spot this year. No idea where Morgan will fit anymore as well.

Cut 4 players, talking about trading our first pick and drafting positions we didn't necessarily need (CB comes to mind, especially who we picked).

That's how I'm looking at it Splat. :)

Old 05-28-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me the only real complaint I could see people making a case for is Will Franklin other then that I don't think the other three are a big lose at all.

As for the Dorsey trade rumors I feel that was more media talk then any thing else as soon as the 3-4 rumors started they just started making some thing out of nothing.

In the the end we cut a 6th round pick and two 7th round picks and a home town favorite I still feel had WF not played for MU it would not have been such a big deal in fans eyes.

It is not the norm to cut four players from your draft class a year later but if they don't fit they don't fit better to get rid of them now then to just keep them because we drafted them.

I don't see how any one could look at that draft and feel it was not at the least solid I would be more then happy with that kinda of draft every year four starters out of one draft is great.

Last edited by Splat : 05-28-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamaal Charles probably will be cut, if something doesn't happen with him this year.

Just sayin...going by the trend of players getting cut.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Jamaal Charles probably will be cut, if something doesn't happen with him this year.

Just sayin...going by the trend of players getting cut.
Why in the world would Charles be cut?

He is our #2 RB he had a 5.3 yard avg last year and is our best all around RB he is not going any where.

If there is a trend its the cutting of players that don't fit the system or don't take there job seriously you can't say either is true of Charles.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes me mad. I wanted to see a fellow Gardner Webb guy succeed.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
This makes me mad. I wanted to see a fellow Gardner Webb guy succeed.
You're not the only one good sir.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Why in the world would Charles be cut?

He is our #2 RB he had a 5.3 yard avg last year and is our best all around RB he is not going any where.

If there is a trend its the cutting of players that don't fit the system or don't take there job seriously you can't say either is true of Charles.
I agree, Jamaal Charles should remain on the roster. Jackie Battle is still on the roster isn't he? He should be the one released...or is Dantrell Savage going to step up any?

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.freep.com/article/2009052...097/1048/rss03

Lions claimed him!

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Good pickup by them.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Differing organizational philosophies dictated some of the moves. The trade rumors with Dorsey are because he flat out doesn't fit the 3-4, but with a guy as young as he is with a #5 overall contract is going to be hard to move. We got a stud, potentially franchise left tackle in Albert, and 2 corners that look like they'll play a long time. Add that to Charles, who I see Haley having a hayday with, and Cottam, who will have every opportunity in the world now that TG is gone, and I think the Chiefs 08 draft still looks very, very good.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote