Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who doesn't have a job next season?
Dick Jauron - Buffalo Bills 38 34.55%
John Fox - Carolina Panthers 11 10.00%
Lovie Smith - Chicago Bears 4 3.64%
Marvin Lewis - Cincinnati Bengals 45 40.91%
Wade Phillips - Dallas Cowboys 55 50.00%
Gary Kubiak - Houston Texans 5 4.55%
Jack Del Rio - Jacksonvill Jags 20 18.18%
Brad Childress - Vikings 58 52.73%
All Keep Their Jobs 2 1.82%
Other 6 5.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately not everything is equal in the NFL and small market teams like Buffalo and Cincy simply lack the financial resources to compete on an equal footing. For a small market city to survive as a real SB threat, the owner, the FO, the coaching staff and the scouting department must all function with great astuteness, there is little room for error. Pittsburgh is a perfect example of this.
Unfortunately for Buffalo and Cincy, the owners are not always on the same page as their FO and coaching staff and this has proved disasters on the field. When either of these franchises hire a poor FO type or a weak HC, they are often stuck with them till their contract expires because they cannot afford to pay 2 HC's at the same time. It isn't always just because the owner is cheap, it often has to do with the revenues generated by each team.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It has to be Wade. The Cowboys are opening the new stadium and they want that place to hold a winner. If the Cowboys are absent from the playoffs again, which I think they will be, then Wade will be looking for a new job.
He already has one as the Defensive Coordinator. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I would say because Lewis is already under contract and he also carries the burden of wearing more than just the head coaching hat. The problem with the Bengals stems from the top.

I wish Carson the best. The sooner they can get rid of that idiot Chad Johnson, the better. He must go imo.

Don't underestimate the effect of Carson being the oldest guy on the offense and having this new influx of younger players, I say. Your stars set the tone for the rest of the team.

So when you have two ridiculously egotistical diva receivers, and you couple that with trying to make shortcuts to success by drafting players with high-end talent by questionable character, it creates a combustible situation that might hit the jackpot if everything can just go right (2005) but blow up in your face otherwise.

But once they finally rid themselves of the lunkhead, the team and the franchise will be Carson's through and through. And that will bode well for the Bengals and their future. It's still tough for them though because no matter what, two of their division rivals in the Steelers and the Ravens will have better front offices for the foreseeable future.

But Cincy had a very good draft this year, I thought. Could easily be a great draft class if guys live up to their potential.

That owner has no clue what their doing, at all, I've been wondering when change would happen but they don't seem to have a clue on how to run things.

Had they taken that deal for Chad he would of already been gone, had one 1st rounder last year, and would of had a top 15 pick this year all for getting rid of a cancer who didn't help the team at all last year.

Yea they played hardball and tough, but where does that leave them? Two 1st was a ridiculously high price and I knew as soon as they turned it down they would regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post

Jim Zorn - Safe - It is only his second year anything better than the #1 overall pick should net him his job back.
i wouldnt be so sure of that. if the skins have a sub .500 year and guys like coher, shannahan, etc came into play, i wouldnt put it past snyder to make a play at one of them. a lot of it will be on campbell. we went 8-8 last year with a good defense. this year we have a potentially great defense so anything under .500 and zorn may be leaving with campbell. im not saying thats what i want because it isnt but its possible.