Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be shocked if Hasheem Thabeet left early. He wants to get better, I doubt he's going to want sit on an NBA bench for the next few years, even though it's likely he's a lottery pick if he comes out based on potential and defense alone.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
I'd be shocked if Hasheem Thabeet left early. He wants to get better, I doubt he's going to want sit on an NBA bench for the next few years, even though it's likely he's a lottery pick if he comes out based on potential and defense alone.
Money Talks.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Money Talks.
Yes it does, but Hasheem is a good kid. He has interviewed with local papers saying he loves school and says he's having the time of his life. I'd be shocked if he left early.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Brandon Rush and Daequan Cook are 2 SGs that I really like who don't really get much publicity.
I really don't know why Rush came back. He hasn't really improved his stock at all in my book. In fact, Wright has surpassed him in my eyes.

I think right now he's a late 1st with the ability to move up some.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the kings need to draft a good big man, and not frat a swingman for the 3rd strait year
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Definitely Afflalo. Combination of Offense/Defense. A great team player. Should be a top 15 pick easily

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfaithful View Post
I think the kings need to draft a good big man, and not frat a swingman for the 3rd strait year
Nbadraft.net has you guys taking Hasheem Thabeet, though I doubt that he comes out this year.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kings would be lucky if Horford drops to them he is a pefect fit.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I really don't know why Rush came back. He hasn't really improved his stock at all in my book. In fact, Wright has surpassed him in my eyes.

I think right now he's a late 1st with the ability to move up some.
Rush is extremely underrated imo. Mostly everyone is high on Wright, so I'm not surprised by your thoughts. I don't see it. At his size he'll have to play SF in the NBA... which means you have to have range on your shot. Wright has absolutely 0 range. Zero, zip, nada. Rush is a player... way better than his brother.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

No freshmen options in the poll?

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rush is extremely underrated imo. Mostly everyone is high on Wright, so I'm not surprised by your thoughts. I don't see it. At his size he'll have to play SF in the NBA... which means you have to have range on your shot. Wright has absolutely 0 range. Zero, zip, nada. Rush is a player... way better than his brother.
Wright is a freak athlete. He's a beast shot blocker and he can finish around the basket. He's a tweener IMO right now. But he has the makings of a good looking shot, just needs some work.

Rush just hasn't made the jump I thought he would this season.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes it does, but Hasheem is a good kid. He has interviewed with local papers saying he loves school and says he's having the time of his life. I'd be shocked if he left early.
I would be shocked because he is nowhere near ready for the NBA, all of his time would be spent on his ass, sitting on the bench, and if ever made it onto the court he would get knocked down, so it would be on the floor. He is absolutely inept on offense and his hands are god awful. Now if he stays in school and develops, as UConn is a much better place to do that than the pros, he could turn into a pretty good player.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wright is a freak athlete. He's a beast shot blocker and he can finish around the basket. He's a tweener IMO right now. But he has the makings of a good looking shot, just needs some work.

Rush just hasn't made the jump I thought he would this season.
Freak athlete means nothing. He's an undersized PF that can't shoot. How many of those find success in the NBA?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Freak athlete means nothing. He's an undersized PF that can't shoot. How many of those find success in the NBA?
He's a tweener. And your shot can be worked on. You can't teach athleticism though. Wright is pretty polished around the basket.

Rush is a nice player, but he doesn't touch Wright's potential at the next level at either end of the floor; and that's what scouts drool over, "potential."

Quote:
Old 02-26-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
He needs to meet samuel dalmbert- excat replica if he leaves but if he stays he has the potential to be a mutumbo player however he could very well end up like matune bol if he dosent develop like expected
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Durant, anyone??

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
He needs to meet samuel dalmbert- excat replica if he leaves but if he stays he has the potential to be a mutumbo player however he could very well end up like matune bol if he dosent develop like expected
Hasheem is so far from NBA ready, it's not even funny. He won't be anything more than Desagana Diop if he enters this year. He needs to wait for at least his junior year. He can't even catch a pass and do a drop step for a layup yet, and at his size, it says something.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Kevin Durant, anyone??
He's far from the most complete player. Without a question the most offensively talented, but he's not complete.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Jameer Nelson is a little *****. Running and then stopping right when Hinrich is on your back to try and draw a foul. That's just cheap man. I haven't seen that called in all my life.

And I'm going to shoot Ben Gordon. 4 games in 5 nights against some of the best teams in the East, we just look flat out gassed tonight. Orlando is playing well, I'll give them props but we need a god damn night off.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mavs dominates the Hawks to continue on their streak
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Quote:
Jameer Nelson is a little *****. Running and then stopping right when Hinrich is on your back to try and draw a foul. That's just cheap man. I haven't seen that called in all my life.

And I'm going to shoot Ben Gordon. 4 games in 5 nights against some of the best teams in the East, we just look flat out gassed tonight. Orlando is playing well, I'll give them props but we need a god damn night off.
Darko is definitely pulling a Tyson Chandler. I've always been a fan of Darko and I'm glad to see that he's actually getting playing time. If he can put up more nights like this then maybe he won't be considered the redheaded stepchild of the '03 draft.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President View Post
Darko is definitely pulling a Tyson Chandler. I've always been a fan of Darko and I'm glad to see that he's actually getting playing time. If he can put up more nights like this then maybe he won't be considered the redheaded stepchild of the '03 draft.
Darko is very talented. Although some of his buckets tonight were UGGGLLLYYY!

Kinda pisses me off though because we just folded down the stretch there. Eh oh well, our schedule gets a bit easier now.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Quote:
Darko is very talented. Although some of his buckets tonight were UGGGLLLYYY!

Kinda pisses me off though because we just folded down the stretch there. Eh oh well, our schedule gets a bit easier now.
The Magic would be incredibly foolish not to renew his contract after the year is over. A Dwight-Darko frontcourt is going to be a force to reckon with a few years down the road.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
socaldude
Rookie

socaldude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Did anyone catch the clippers game? Shaun Livingston fell nasty and dislocated his kneecap. Looks like Clipps should've traded him while they could...cuz this is his 3rd year and all 3 have been injury plagued. They might have the fall on youtube or on sportscenter tonite. It's really nasty.
socaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldude View Post
Did anyone catch the clippers game? Shaun Livingston fell nasty and dislocated his kneecap. Looks like Clipps should've traded him while they could...cuz this is his 3rd year and all 3 have been injury plagued. They might have the fall on youtube or on sportscenter tonite. It's really nasty.
That really sucks, I was hoping that this would be a breakout year for Shaun. If I were the Clips I'd give him another year to see if he can come back from the injury, trade Maggette, and physically light a fire under Chris Kaman's ass (because there's no way you're trading his contract).