Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default 2007 Draft Thread

Hey guys, this is Rob. Essentially, this is a pile of all the useless threads we have accumulated!

Last edited by Rob S : 09-03-2008 at 08:39 PM.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Mock Drafts

Post all mock drafts in here so it doesn't get congested.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Willis ran a good 40 today, maybe he gets his stock up into the teens and becomes a major consideration at 12 (I have always considered him, but most experts had him in the late 20's)
Old 02-26-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Patrick Willis ran a good 40 today, maybe he gets his stock up into the teens and becomes a major consideration at 12 (I have always considered him, but most experts had him in the late 20's)
His main problem is his weakness in pass coverage which is so important in today's game. It's probably the main reason he isn't cracking the top 15-20 range. If your the GM, you have to decide if this guy is intellegent enough to learn or is he always going to be a 2 down LB. The interview will decide his fate up or down. He's got the physical tools.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im just wondering with McGahee being on the trading block, wondering if you guys try and get Lynch?

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we trade McGahee, I'd really love to get Lynch. I think it's a possibility.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Exclamation DE, Chris Kelsay re-signed

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4633
Old 02-26-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad we got this done. I'd like to know how much it was for, but I'm glad nonetheless. Hargrove should follow, and I like where we stand at DE
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
KJ4140
Rookie

KJ4140 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Patrick Willis did run a good 40, but he only benched 22 times. Thats a little lower than expected. I don't know if he's helped or hurt his stock at all, but I'm still for taking him at #12.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Mayock called Jon Beason a top 15 pick and has him as his top rated LB, very interesting to me.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

really good move. I like Kelsay a lot, and him and Hargrove form a very good tandem with Schobel.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
glazeduck
Rookie

glazeduck smells like sex panther.

My ideal scenarios (i have two that i love about equally) would be trading Willis for a 2nd and 5th round pick...

Scenario A involves us trading our 1st pick, the 2nd we acquired from Willis, our 3rd rd. pick this year and next years 3rd (more than equal trade according to the value chart) to Tampa for the 4th overall pick to take Calvin Johnson, w/out question the best talent in this draft.

Scenario A.
1 cj - no brainer
2 Chris Houston or Daymeion Hughes - starting cb
4 Lorenzo Booker - dynamic runner/pass catcher in space, use him like saints used Bush
5 Le'Ron McClain - starting fb, great blocker, good athlete
6 Isaiah Stanback - athlete will find a spot somewhere
7 Ameer Ismail - small school OLB prospect w/ great #s, project w/ spot time

Scenario A would need to involve resigning Gandy and also signing another FA guard, keeping TKO, and signing a rb that can carry most of the load.

Scenario B involves trading Willis for a 2nd and 5th. Then trading our own 1st down into the high 20's for another 2nd rounder, giving us 3 2nds.

1 (20ish) Dwayne Jarrett - will be a great compliment to Lee at #2 wr
2a Chris Houston / Daymeion Hughes - starting cb
2b best available LB (Willis/Timmons/Beason)
2c best available OL (G or T) - Grubbs, Blalock, Beekman, Staley, Sears, etc...
3 Mike Bush - once healthy, the guy to take most of the carries
4 Lorenzo Booker - read above
5 Le'Ron McClain - starting fb
6 Joe Newton - red zone/1st down weapon, he'll be good
7 ATH - Samarzidja, Stanback, Newton, etc.
glazeduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yipee! I wonder how long multi is...
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

I just read that it's 4 years, 5.75 mil each year with 13.5 guarenteed.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20 View Post
I just read that it's 4 years, 5.75 mil each year with 13.5 guarenteed.
Not so yipee... that's too much, can't really expect less with all this cap space though...
Old 02-26-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Ideal draft.

1. Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
2. Daymeion Hughes CB California
3. Dwayne Wright RB Fresno State
4. Steve Smith WR USC
6. Rory Johnson LB Mississippi
7. Gabe Hall OL Texas Tech
Old 02-26-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Well, it seems as though my favourite mid round 3-5 receiver has shot up quite a bit after his 40 time much like Art's Jason Hill. Aundrae Allison will sadly have zero chance at lasting to us in the fourth now and will probably be off the board in the second round along with Hill and we will see Anthony Gonzalez and Craig Davis drop behind them.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
Well, it seems as though my favourite mid round 3-5 receiver has shot up quite a bit after his 40 time much like Art's Jason Hill. Aundrae Allison will sadly have zero chance at lasting to us in the fourth now and will probably be off the board in the second round along with Hill and we will see Anthony Gonzalez and Craig Davis drop behind them.
Allison was expected to run a fast 40 so it won't effect his draft status. The real reason Allison isn't getting more love from scouts and GM's is his inability to break the press at the line of scrimmage. He has a hard time against physical CB's getting off the line of scrimmage. Being a pro WR takes a lot more than just speed.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
Not so yipee... that's too much, can't really expect less with all this cap space though...

that is a lot, but DE are going for such high money it is to be expected.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't really like this move. We have Hargrove waiting in the wings and Denney is becoming a solid DE. Also, a DE could fall to us in the draft at #12 or we could draft one later in the draft so I don't think this was a good move.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Ideal 1st Day Draft...more to come later.

1. Leon Hall CB Michigan / Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh
2. Ben Grubbs OG Auburn / Antonio Pittman RB Ohio State
3. Ahmad Bradshaw RB Marshall / Manuel Ramirez OG Texas Tech
Old 02-28-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Default Hargrove, Anderson tendered

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4635
Old 02-28-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hargrove is no big surprise however Anderson should be gone.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisch's Quick Mock

*Trade Willis for a 2nd
**Trade Ryan Denney for a 5th

Situation 1: Nate Clements is miraculously retained!

1) Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
2a) Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
2b) Brandon Siler, MLB, Florida
3) Chris Henry, RB, Arizona
4) Daniel Bazuin, DE, Central Michigan
5) Quincy Black, LB, New Mexico
6) Bo Smith, CB, Weber State
7) Lyle Sendlein, C, Texas

Situation 2: No Nate :(

1) Darelle Revis, CB, Pitt
2a) Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn
2b) Brandon Siler, MLB, Florida
3) Chris Henry, RB, Arizona
4) Daniel Bazuin, DE, Central Michigan
5) Michael Allan, TE, Whitworth
6) Stephon Heyer, OT, Maryland
7) Legedu Naanee, WR, Boise State

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember hearing about Anderson yesterday but my post was deleted. Either way, I don't like it.
Hargrove is good to have though.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote