Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC East Division Forum

AFC East Division Forum Discuss the AFC East

View Poll Results: Who is the best LB in the division?
Jarod Mayo 4 14.29%
Adalius Thomas 3 10.71%
Joey Porter 8 28.57%
Paul Pozluzny 4 14.29%
Kavika Mitchell 0 0%
Bart Scott 1 3.57%
David Harris 8 28.57%
Calvin Pace 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best LB in Division

Who do you guys believe it the best LB in the division?

Forgive me if I missed someone who is worthy, i'm just throwing this out quickly before heading out.

Jarod Mayo - Quickly established himself as one of the bright young stars at the inside linebacker position. He has great speed, reliable tackler, and is smart. Great upside.

Adalius Thomas - Versatile, versatile, versatile. He was injured last year, so his impact was reduced, but he can do a bit of everything, and does it at a high level.

Joey Porter - GREAT bounce-back year after appearing to be a bust signing. He was a force for the Dolphins last year and has been a very good LB for a long time. An emotional leader. How much does he have left?

Paul Pozluzny - Solid, but not spectacular, he is a reliable guy who is at the heart of that defense. Still young.

Kavika Mitchell - Why is he on this list? I think he is an underrated talent. He was very good last year, made plays, is a punishing hitter, can blitz, and plays with emotion. I don't see him winning this, but he deserves some recognition from what i've seen.

Bart Scott - New to the division, he has been under Ray Lewis' shadow for a number of years. He is violent and wants to punish opponents.

David Harris - Made an instant impact as a rookie, and but last year came back down to earth as he experienced some injury issues. He has been a tackling machine when healthy, and can lay the lumber. Still young.

Calvin Pace - Bloated contract, but a very good player who has done a bit of everything since coming to the Jets. May get compared to his contract, but he is an above average defender on the outside.

Feel free to comment if you believe someone else is worthy. Got to run.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerod Mayo or Bart Scott are the only really two choices here. Mayo has only been in the league one year though.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who you got out of those two then?

I didn't want to exclude any possible options, and i'm not sure if it is THAT clear cut. There are some other strong players in the list. Thomas was injured, but is a very good player. Harris was injured much of last year but has showed great potential. Porter was a monster last year....depends what you are looking for.

I don't want to provide the first vote.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:34 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely hate the guy but with 16 sacks last year with no help it has to be Porter for now. If he can stay around the 12-14 sack level it will be a great feat though given his age. I need another year to make a real judgement on Mayo at this level and im interested to see how Scott does without being beside Ray Ray. The others probably dont deserve to be on the list although Thomas can offer a lot and Harris is a great thumper

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 06-08-2009 at 07:36 AM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey Porter had a great season in Miami last year, but I think if Adailus is healthy for a whole year it is him. Porter, Mayo, Thomas, Scott, Harris, Pace, and Crowder are all legit but I'm hesitant to give it to Porter because I don't think he will have as good of a season this year and I just don't like the guy.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel that Scott isn't as great as some others think he is. Porter had a great year as a dynamite pass rusher. I think he had ten sacks against the division alone. I would put it between him and Thomas right now, but Thomas takes it for me.
Mayo, Posluszny, and Harris all have just about a year each of actual starting experience. Still a lot to see with these guys, although I don't think Poz can be as impactful as the other two at the top of their games.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now you need to give it to Porter based on his numbers imo, but if you ask me to choose one guy for my team, its Thomas as I think he is the most talented guy.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Depends on the system, the system is crucial. Joey Porter got my vote, because overall he is the most talented LB on that list, however, he wouldn't be very good in the 4-3.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pace or Harris right now.

Calvin Pace is the most underrated player on this team...one of the more unheralded in the league.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Harris right now.

David Harris is the most underrated player on this team...one of the more unheralded in the league.
Fixed it for you.

Pace is a solid player, but isn't really anything special.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Undoubtedly David Harris at this point. We'll see what Mayo can do with a fully healhty year, but its no contest right now.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Karlos Dansby. kbye. :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
It's still David Harris by a lot.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
It's still David Harris by a lot.
A lot??? Harris is a pretty good player but really, A lot???

Id say its

Harris
Dansby
Mayo
Scott

The rest way down here

If he can stay healthy and keep improving then Mayo goes top because he is undoubtedley the most talented

Old 04-04-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

The only 3-4 ILB I would take over Harris is Patrick Willis
Old 04-05-2010, 08:16 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I would be inclined to agree there but there is a huge drop off after Willis and a few players close to Harris.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Just cause you paid 194 millions for him doesnt shoot up up to #1. Your Welcome.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote