Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-09-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

looked for the previous thread, couldn't find it but i remember it was a real long one and there was some good/helpful discussion.

how's everybody doing with their workout regimens? right now i'm just waiting for my JuCo to open the gym back up, so i've been hitting up the ghetto workouts. there's a bigass tire over at the field that i've been pushin' around and just generally doin' sprints.

I got those supplements, but I only really use the truemass. The n.o. explode doesn't really work too well i've noticed. not too big on creatine some cellmass is a dud. Nitrix i don't have. anybody tried those supplements before?

Jus tryin to get a discussion goin

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to take a post workout protein supplement, then i stopped because it was too expensive. I gained more weight/mass/strength off the supplement when i was just eating right. Call it a coincidence, but i don't buy that many of those supplement are really worth it.

My buddy started taking this stuff called the ultimate bulk,supposedly it does work.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

only supps I take are zma, beta alanine (I like it better than creatine), and a multivitamin and fish oil.

I dont consider whey a supplement, its food.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually just rejoined a gym a couple weeks ago. Went twice today. What's everyone's schedule?

Monday:
Chest
Triceps

Tuesday:
Shoulders
Legs

Wednesday:
Back
Biceps

Thursday:
Strictly Cardio

The next three days are rest days and everyday I do some sort of ab workout and atleast 10-15 minutes on the sitdown bike. I'm thinking about buying some whey protein, maybe some sort of creatine stack. What are the best products out there? I have fish oil but havent taken it regularly.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I used to take a post workout protein supplement, then i stopped because it was too expensive. I gained more weight/mass/strength off the supplement when i was just eating right. Call it a coincidence, but i don't buy that many of those supplement are really worth it.

My buddy started taking this stuff called the ultimate bulk,supposedly it does work.
As a P.E. major I did some research on a few exercise supplements. I am a firm believer that with a proper diet many of the supplements people buy aren't as necessary as they think.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
As a P.E. major I did some research on a few exercise supplements. I am a firm believer that with a proper diet many of the supplements people buy aren't as necessary as they think.
What would be the ideal diet? For breakfast, when I have time, I try to have some eggs or oatmeal with fruit. Lunch I tend to get a wrap or some sort of stir fry. Dinner is really a crapshoot because living at home I really rely on what is made that night.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I actually just rejoined a gym a couple weeks ago. Went twice today. What's everyone's schedule?

Monday:
Chest
Triceps

Tuesday:
Shoulders
Legs

Wednesday:
Back
Biceps

Thursday:
Strictly Cardio

The next three days are rest days and everyday I do some sort of ab workout. I'm thinking about buying some whey protein, maybe some sort of creatine stack. What are the best products out there?
Why not spread out the lifting? Seems dumb to do it all in a row.

I do the 5x5 right now, lifting mon, wed, fri.

Mon- Bench, Squat, Row

Wed- Deadlift, Squat, SOHP

Friday- Same as Mon, but a heavy triple instead of 5x5 all the way through

As far as supplements, I recommend Optimum Nutrition Whey. I would go Beta Alanine over creatine, its better imo. Letting you know tho, your skin may tingle on Beta Alanine, its normal tho.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I agree, but stuff like protein is just a cheap food source that is easy to make. I take fish oil because I dont like fish and its expensive. And stuff like ZMA and beta alanine are pretty proven and I dont know of any food thats can give you the same results.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post

Monday:
Chest
Triceps

Tuesday:
Shoulders
Legs

Wednesday:
Back
Biceps

Thursday:
Strictly Cardio

The next three days are rest days and everyday I do some sort of ab workout and atleast 10-15 minutes on the sitdown bike. I'm thinking about buying some whey protein, maybe some sort of creatine stack. What are the best products out there? I have fish oil but havent taken it regularly.
Monday:
Chest n biceps

Tuesday:
legs/abs

wed:
Day off/cardio

Thursday:

Shoulders/triceps

Friday:
Back

weekend:
Rest with a bit of cardio and abs.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a rule of thumb, to maintain a perfect balance (as far as weight goes) you need to consume 12*(your weight in lbs). I have been doing some reading on the blood type diet. Albeit I have let my physical condition go to the way side in recent years (a back injury will kill how much you can run) I tried it out last summer when I could be consistent and lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks. I got bored quickly, but it did work. If you are looking to build muscle, it's simple -up the protein portion. You will burn through the fuel/food faster, but all the building blocks are there. The only change I would make to the blood type diet is regardless of what your specific diet consist of, add a good amount of fish and seafood for the chromium picolanate naturally found there.

http://www.dadamo.com/program.htm

is a good site to look up some things according to your blood type.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what exactly does fish oil do?

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If you are looking to build muscle, it's simple -up the protein portion. You will burn through the fuel/food faster, but all the building blocks are there.
It's not that simple. If your looking to bulk up you need to eat more calories too ( you hinted at this). If you're looking for bulk, don't shy away from desserts and such. Eat.

they get smoked.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm currently training to run the Marine Corps Marathon. I run about 5 miles 4 times a week with ankle and wrist weights right now.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
what exactly does fish oil do?
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/sh...tation-719643/

sherdog FAQ ftw
Old 06-09-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
It's not that simple. If your looking to bulk up you need to eat more calories too ( you hinted at this). If you're looking for bulk, don't shy away from desserts and such. Eat.
If you have a quick metabolism and you are 21 that might be ok, but I prefer to up the protein calories; that's where the fish and seafood comes in.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If you have a quick metabolism and you are 21 that might be ok, but I prefer to up the protein calories; that's where the fish and seafood comes in.
well, I'm 23. :) ( with the metabolism of a 12 year old)

regardless, if your looking for bulk ( not getting cut) you need sufficient caloric intake.

they get smoked.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Sure, but if you are looking to add muscle and not fat, eating a crap load of carbs is just going to make you have to work harder. It's not efficient. If you want to add muscle weight, eat protein.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

its always better to bulk clean, but its tough and expensive.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cytogainer made by Cytosports is amazing protein for after a workout. I take Kre-alkalyn also. Its like creatine, but doesnt have side effects like dehydration and bloating.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monday - Chest, back, shoulders
Wednesday - Biceps, triceps, cardio
Friday - Chest, back, shoulders
Sunday - Legs, cardio

I just started a new chest workout that has been great. 6 sets of 6 reps on the bench. Add 10 pounds for each set. After the 6 sets I do 1 set of 90% of my max. Then depending on the day I do 3 sets of incline, decline or standard dumbbell presses. I always start the workout with a warmup set of pushups, and end with doing as many pushups as I can.

Love the pullups too. I do them every workout.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I'm currently training to run the Marine Corps Marathon. I run about 5 miles 4 times a week with ankle and wrist weights right now.
Damn that's impressive.

I walked into my gym today and found out the AC was out. There wasn't a gray spot left on my gray shirt, I was drenched in sweat.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
When I was on active duty, I was running 20 miles a week. When my unit went to EFM (Expert Field Medic) training, that went to 40 miles a week with a 45lb ruck for a month. Somethings, I don't necessarily miss.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started up at a gym about 5 months ago, and have been doing pretty well. I'm a thick guy to start off with, but since I've started, I've been noticing real results. I go either 5 or 6 times a week, depending on my free time, and though I haven't lost much weight (only about 5 lbs), I have been replacing fat with muscle, and that is great by me. My Schedule goes..

Day one:
Lower-Squat and calves

Day two:
Upper-Bench, shoulders, biceps

Day three:
Lower-Leg Press, hips, extra hamstring work

Day four:
Upper-Bench, back, triceps

I do abs every day at the gym, and am currently doing 400 sit ups before I go to bed every night, and doing that has turned my gut into something respectable. (My mid-line is visible, and am beginning to see my obliques and even my top two cans of the 6 pack, lol) On upper body days I usually do all the muscle groups, just focus more on the ones in each day. I also mix in things that don't really fit anywhere. I'll work on my hand strength once a cycle, and even do the girly hip ab(and ad)ductor machines once per cycle as well. I do cardio once every week or two, I hate cardio. So far I've gained a good amount of strength and lost a lot of fat.

I have the calves of a greek god, in case anyone is interested...lol

And I don't do the supplement thing, I just have began eating healthier and that is probably a main part of the reason I'm having good results.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
Sunday - Legs, cardio

I just started a new chest workout that has been great. 6 sets of 6 reps on the bench. Add 10 pounds for each set. After the 6 sets I do 1 set of 90% of my max. Then depending on the day I do 3 sets of incline, decline or standard dumbbell presses. I always start the workout with a warmup set of pushups, and end with doing as many pushups as I can.

Chest back and shoulders twice a week on the same day? You better be careful you're not over training them.

Eaglesalltheway, Doing abs every day can defeat the purpose. Sure, they recover faster than most muscles but you need to let them rest in between workouts. Recovery is as important as lifting.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 06-09-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
Sunday - Legs, cardio

I'd mix it up in the upper body a bit more. You're either going to hurt yourself, or end up disporportional, lol. Doing chest, back, and shoulders twice in a week isn't safe. I'd work in triceps (maybe) on one of those days, or work on your forearms or something. You could also concentrate a little more on lower body.

There's nothing wierder looking than a guy whose arms are bigger than his legs...lol.

Edit: Well, TT had that covered, lol.

Right now TT, I am working more for toning instead of building, so I am not putting an incredible amount of stress on them, just doing lots of reps at relatively light weight so I can tone them more. I know I have abs of steel under there, I'm just trying to focus on burning the fat off of them.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 06-09-2009 at 08:55 PM.
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote