Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-09-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
It's not that simple. If your looking to bulk up you need to eat more calories too ( you hinted at this). If you're looking for bulk, don't shy away from desserts and such. Eat.
No..you do want to shy away from desserts and such. You want protein and Carbohydrate calories. But you don't want simple carbs, like sugars and white breads, empty fillers. You want complex carbs, such as starch, wheat, potatoes, wheat pasta, or regular pasta, protein. Try and avoid calories that are primarily based on fat, don't avoid your Basic Fatty Acids, but avoids things like candy and such. Don't have something that says 110 calories, 90 calories from Fat.

You need to increase your caloric intake, and with that making sure you getting good complex carbs not simple ones.

So far the best way I found to bulk up was a weight gainer for me. I tried weight gainer and I got 25 lbs in 2ish weeks. I am trying to bulk up again, right now i'm eating 3000, might up it to 3500, not see much results right now.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ, in repsonse to the rep comment (given too much to CJ recently, recurring theme of my time on SWDC) my soleus muscles of my calves go all the way down to my ankles, and are huge. Combine that with my huge gastrocnemius muscles of the calves (the ones closest to the knee), that is why I have thankles... (Yes I did have to look up the names of the muscles)

I also have an incredibly large swell of anterior muscle. (overtop my shins) I can stand on one foot all day if I had to. (also had to look that up too, lol)

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I'd mix it up in the upper body a bit more. You're either going to hurt yourself, or end up disporportional, lol. Doing chest, back, and shoulders twice in a week isn't safe. I'd work in triceps (maybe) on one of those days, or work on your forearms or something. You could also concentrate a little more on lower body.

There's nothing wierder looking than a guy whose arms are bigger than his legs...lol.

Edit: Well, TT had that covered, lol.

Right now TT, I am working more for toning instead of building, so I am not putting an incredible amount of stress on them, just doing lots of reps at relatively light weight so I can tone them more. I know I have abs of steel under there, I'm just trying to focus on burning the fat off of them.
I already have a huge lower body from playing hockey for 6 years so I don't focus so much on that. I usually end up working out an extra day on tues or thurs and either do biceps/triceps or legs depending on how I'm feeling. I workout my forearms usually only once a week on the biceps day. I kill my triceps doing benchpresses so I just figure there isn't a point in working them out as much.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Cytogainer made by Cytosports is amazing protein for after a workout. I take Kre-alkalyn also. Its like creatine, but doesnt have side effects like dehydration and bloating.
Dude Cytogainer is a weight gainer. Not just pure whey protein. Look at the calories per scoop, creatine in grams, and carbs. Thats the one I took and gained like 25lbs in 2ish weeks.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got 50lbs to lose and just can't seem to motivate myself to exercise like I was doing. I don't know what's going on.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Anyone else think Power Cleans are the hardest lift to have perfect form in?

I was thinking about doing them, I realized how much you have to do to have proper form, not even perfect. I want to do them, but i'm afraid if I have bad form, it will be useless/I won't see gains.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Anyone else think Power Cleans are the hardest lift to have perfect form in?

I was thinking about doing them, I realized how much you have to do to have proper form, not even perfect. I want to do them, but i'm afraid if I have bad form, it will be useless/I won't see gains.
Practice with just the bar to get the form down. Add small increments of weight until you are comfortable enough to go full strength.

You can even practice without a bar if you don't have one at home. Just fake power cleans while watching tv. Get that muscle memory so it becomes a habit to have good form.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm planning on starting to go to the gym this summer (once exams are over)
I'm roughly 5'10", 145 pounds. I have a very low body-fat %.
I want to get bulked up, but add only healthy weight.

What kind of workout regimen should I get into?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm 17 years old and went from over 200 to 157 in about a year. I am definitely focusing more on losing fat than gaining muscle right now but now that I start college in September I'll have more access to a gym.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Since everyone is posting what they do. I don't have a set schedule of what I do, I always do something different everyday. Helps keep the body from getting used to something weekly.

But I do the at least one full body lift every time I work out.

Squat, Chest, Bi

DL, Back, Tri

Squat, Legs, Shoulders

I throw in RDL in there as well. And everyday I do some abs and HIIT. I just want to throw in Power Cleans on my day off.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I'm planning on starting to go to the gym this summer (once exams are over)
I'm roughly 5'10", 145 pounds. I have a very low body-fat %.
I want to get bulked up, but add only healthy weight.

What kind of workout regimen should I get into?
You'll gain fat, even if you gain weight, good weight. Once you reach your ideal weight of say 175-180. Then you just do HIIT, cardio. You'll burn off that fat and keep your muscle on, just remember to cut down your calories but not buy a lot just like 100-200. That way your body will start going into your reserve aka your fat.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No..you do want to shy away from desserts and such. You want protein and Carbohydrate calories. But you don't want simple carbs, like sugars and white breads, empty fillers. You want complex carbs, such as starch, wheat, potatoes, wheat pasta, or regular pasta, protein. Try and avoid calories that are primarily based on fat, don't avoid your Basic Fatty Acids, but avoids things like candy and such. Don't have something that says 110 calories, 90 calories from Fat.

You need to increase your caloric intake, and with that making sure you getting good complex carbs not simple ones.
Obviously you wan to concentrate on taking in more good carbs, that goes without saying. You're not going to get jacked eating cake all day. But for someone with a high metabolism, eating a dessert or a couple slices of bread with a meal helps add bulk. If you're going for bulk there is no reason to shy away from carbs if you're working out enough.
-------
Also, rest is something that people often overlook( and not just in between lifting days), and it is key to growth.
A personal trainer( essentially a body builder) I know recently started me on this new program that varies the amount of rest you do in between sets... Previously I had been waiting about a minute between sets and such. He made me start all over at wait 2-3 min in between. Then I slowly worked the time in between sets down agian, it has done wonders for my gains.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 06-09-2009 at 09:36 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'll gain fat, even if you gain weight, good weight. Once you reach your ideal weight of say 175-180. Then you just do HIIT, cardio. You'll burn off that fat and keep your muscle on, just remember to cut down your calories but not buy a lot just like 100-200. That way your body will start going into your reserve aka your fat.

What should I do go get up to that 175?
Are there any specific workouts?

Also, what's HIIT?

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 06-09-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I go to the gym 6 times a week. I usually take Sundays off. I do a half hour of cardio before every workout, I try to mix it up. I hate running, I wont lie, so its usually stairmaster and exercise bike. I dont really use Whey/creatine/Rapidcuts anymore now that I dont play football anymore. Here is what my routine looks like

Monday
Chest

Tuesday
Arms

Wednesday
Shoulders

Thursday
Back

Friday
Core

Saturday
Legs

I do 5 different exercises for each group, so my workout is usually only 45 minutes (after cardio). Always start with a lower weight and work up until failure. Good way to gain bulk really quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
What should I do go get up to that 175?
Are there any specific workouts?

Also, what's HIIT?
High Intensity Interval Training. Its almost like football conditioning. Its only 20 mins. You go full all out springs for like 30 seconds, then jog a min, then sprint again 30 seconds, then jog. That is the basics, but you can find better things if you google it.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I go to the gym 6 times a week. I usually take Sundays off. I do a half hour of cardio before every workout, I try to mix it up. I hate running, I wont lie, so its usually stairmaster and exercise bike. I dont really use Whey/creatine/Rapidcuts anymore now that I dont play football anymore. Here is what my routine looks like

Monday
Chest

Tuesday
Arms

Wednesday
Shoulders

Thursday
Back

Friday
Core

Saturday
Legs

I do 5 different exercises for each group, so my workout is usually only 45 minutes (after cardio). Always start with a lower weight and work up until failure. Good way to gain bulk really quick.
I"m not a fan of running either. But I usually hold my cardio off till the end. I warm up for 5, 10 mins on the bike, lift then do 15, 20 min cardio. Also Oliptical FTW
Old 06-09-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also Oliptical FTW
Oh, the oliptical is excellent. If you're a fat girl. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, not a huge fan of the Elliptical myself. I never feel like it does anything, like I sweat, but I am never out of breath and my muscles never feel tired on it. I prefer to feel like I did something if I do 30 mins of cardio.

Also, the biggest piece of advice I can give you is dont get stuck in a routine for too long. Change it up every few months. Otherwise, your body adjusts, and you will end up plateuing alot faster then you want to. I change mine up by switching which days I do what, and what exercises I do in what order. That way, your body never adjusts to the routine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
High Intensity Interval Training. Its almost like football conditioning. Its only 20 mins. You go full all out springs for like 30 seconds, then jog a min, then sprint again 30 seconds, then jog. That is the basics, but you can find better things if you google it.

Oh, okay.
I hated those when I played football. We'd have to do this in a semi-small room, with roughly 40 guys, with the fans off, and windows shut, in the middle of summer.

This worked real well for toning and burning fat.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-09-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Yeah, not a huge fan of the Elliptical myself. I never feel like it does anything, like I sweat, but I am never out of breath and my muscles never feel tired on it. I prefer to feel like I did something if I do 30 mins of cardio.

Also, the biggest piece of advice I can give you is dont get stuck in a routine for too long. Change it up every few months. Otherwise, your body adjusts, and you will end up plateuing alot faster then you want to. I change mine up by switching which days I do what, and what exercises I do in what order. That way, your body never adjusts to the routine.
Really try upping the ramp to like 20 and resistance to 10 and keep 190 strides, I think you'll feel the burn then.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I usually go for a more intense workout. I go 3 sets with 15 reps with a smaller weight, then I do about 5 minutes of cardio, then go back to the weights, then cardio again. I do that for about 45 minutes, then I sit down on the bike and cool down for 15 minutes. And the cool part is, is that I don't get bored because i'm not doing the same thing everyday. I make sure that I work every major muscle group throughout a week. I work out 4 times a week.

For supplements, I take creatine. Thats it. The only other thing I do is up my protein intake every other week. One week I will eat huge meals, usually starting off in the morning with 6 eggs, 3 pieces of toast, a 20 oz glass of milk, and a banana. For lunch I drink a protein shake with a banana. And for supper I finish off with a nice lite salad. And the next week I'll just eat everything I need off the food pyramid. It has been working for me. The first month that I started doing this I lost about 30 lbs. Then I put it back on in the second month. And since then I have gained about 20 more lbs of muscle.

Lol. I went to the doctor and my shoulder muscle was almost as dense as my femur.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So far the best way I found to bulk up was a weight gainer for me. I tried weight gainer and I got 25 lbs in 2ish weeks. I am trying to bulk up again, right now i'm eating 3000, might up it to 3500, not see much results right now.

dude.......most weight gainers are full of the crap you just said to avoid.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
CJ, in repsonse to the rep comment (given too much to CJ recently, recurring theme of my time on SWDC) my soleus muscles of my calves go all the way down to my ankles, and are huge. Combine that with my huge gastrocnemius muscles of the calves (the ones closest to the knee), that is why I have thankles... (Yes I did have to look up the names of the muscles)

I also have an incredibly large swell of anterior muscle. (overtop my shins) I can stand on one foot all day if I had to. (also had to look that up too, lol)
Shave them legs and take some pics. Let's see those Greek God Thankles.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's this program I've used to supplement my regular workout called Tabata.

Basically what it is, is you do 8 - 20 seconds, with only a 10 second rest and you do a very light weight. But it is very intense. It just wipes you out. You'll be dead for the next couple of days. You can apply to basically any exercise. I do a lower body workout with it and it is killer. I'll only do like 135 for squats and then I'll throw in some other lower body exercises and my legs are done. You can do it as a regular workout doing one body part a week. Personally, I just use it as a change up for my regular workout.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
dude.......most weight gainers are full of the crap you just said to avoid.
That is true. Rob you are always full of great advise. I checked the label to see if it was full of crap it seemed legit though.

Also another thing to take after working out is Dextrose(sp?), Gatorade has it, i'm not sure if my Whey has it, ONS usually has everything.

One thing that is a must to drink before bed Casien.