Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And we have life. :)

Game balls all around.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, if the Magic win the next game, I can consider myself a Burns-level prophet.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WE GOT 1! The monkey is off our back! Yay.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So can we now agree that Lee/Pietrus can atleast slow Kobe at times? :) Lee shut him down. I'm proud of my boy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-09-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Kobe, you sir, are no Michael.
He missed two free throws the game before the shot against Cleveland that would have won the series.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So can we now agree that Lee/Pietrus can atleast slow Kobe at times? :) Lee shut him down. I'm proud of my boy.
I was happy with their defense today. The last 2 games, Kobe has made crucial mistakes at the end of regulation. But Kobe is still God. Lee can't stop Kobe if Kobe goes into Black Mamba mode.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No. We can agree that throwing different looks at him, especially doubling the ball screen slows him down. He is not looking to pass out of them and ruins his rhythms.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I was talking third quarter when it was Lee/Kobe man on man and Kobe went 0-6. And was so frustrated that he started throwing elbows.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-09-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He missed two free throws the game before the shot against Cleveland that would have won the series.
That is when he was young. Not when he was a veteran.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
I was talking third quarter when it was Lee/Kobe man on man and Kobe went 0-6. And was so frustrated that he started throwing elbows.
Even then you could tell perimeter defenders were slacking off their guys taking away the drive and allowing Lee to get up closer to Kobe. If Kobe trusts his teammates the Magic would have to change but he is too stubborn or distrusting of his teammates to do it.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Why is Van Gundy such a supreme douchebag? Nichols asks him what made everything go well offensively for the Magic and he responds 'the ball went in the basket'. Astute analysis, Stan. Douche.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

meh. I wouldnt take so much credit away from Lee. He played him as good as you can. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. But there was a difference between Lee and Pietrus' defense today. Lee gave him fits. I couldnt be happier w/ their effort.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-09-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stan Van Gundy comes off as quite the prick in his press conference.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Stan is Stan...I love him personally. I liked him when he wasnt here but, I've grown to love him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-09-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Magic just set a record for shooting percentage in a finals game. Knowing that, pretty happy it went down to the wire. Don't choke next time Kobe.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
-MJ

People tend to confuse resiliency for never failing in Jordan's case.

Great game by the Magic, loved that dunk by Lee. I'm glad this isn't a bad series like last year.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Stan Van Gundy comes off as quite the prick in his press conference.
That's putting it nicely, too.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
That's putting it nicely, too.
The guy has no class, but he tells it like it is and I can appreciate that. I only like him sometimes, hate him sometimes. I definitely don't love him, but he's better than a lot of other guys out there and that's the truth.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Closer was at it again tonight.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I am the Lakers I am still confident going into next game because the Magic barely won the game shooting an amazing percentage.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

That's what everyone is saying but, I wouldnt buy into that too much. Considering the Lakers also shot the hell outta the ball. Every game is different from game to game. Orlando could have won last game, struggling all 1st half.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-10-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
If I am the Lakers I am still confident going into next game because the Magic barely won the game shooting an amazing percentage.
The series all of sudden got serious eh?

Each game has been very different, but the biggest difference between winning this game and losing last game was Free Throws at the end.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The series all of sudden got serious eh?

Each game has been very different, but the biggest difference between winning this game and losing last game was Free Throws at the end.
Last game's problem was turnovers by far. Plus they didnt start playing something that resembled their game until the 2nd half. Tonight's game was pretty much the first one the real team showed up to. Granted they wont shoot like that all the time, I mean from a tempo/pacing/scheming stand point. You watch the tempo of this team in the first two, compared to tonight, you'd think you were looking at two different teams.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-10-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Last game's problem was turnovers by far. Plus they didnt start playing something that resembled their game until the 2nd half. Tonight's game was pretty much the first one the real team showed up to. Granted they wont shoot like that all the time, I mean from a tempo/pacing/scheming stand point. You watch the tempo of this team in the first two, compared to tonight, you'd think you were looking at two different teams.
Not saying TO's weren't the problem last game, and I know we cut down on them today, but there were still plenty enough mistakes on our part. Rebounding was also a problem today. But what was noticeable to me was the fact that we nailed our FTs in the 4th quarter today, when we didn't on Sunday.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:04 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ORLANDO -- There is good and bad to the bright lights of the NBA Finals -- even for a relatively unknown backup center like Marcin Gortat of the Orlando Magic.

Gortat, in just his second NBA season, and the only player in the league from Poland, becomes a restricted free agent this summer. He has helped himself immensely with consistent performances during this playoff run, attracting attention from other teams around the league.

He also received an uncomfortable phone call last weekend from Reebok, with whom he has a shoe contract. Representatives of the company were not happy to see a picture of him from Game 1 in a Polish newspaper that prominently displayed his Michael Jordan/Nike logo tattoo on his lower right leg.

Reebok asked him either to wear higher socks tonight to cover up the tattoo, or to apply makeup so it will not be noticed through the rest of the NBA Finals.

"They called and said I had to do something about it, but that ain't going to happen,'' Gortat said after Tuesday morning's workout.

Gortat tattoo"I've been wearing it 4-5 years now, and it helped me get to the NBA," said Gortat. "They didn't say anything about it when I signed the contract, so it's not going anywhere. I don't think they are paying me enough to take it off.''

Gortat would not say how much his Reebok contract is worth beyond the shoes he is provided to wear, but he said it was minimal compared to what the stars of the league receive.

"I've heard from other people that even other players, if they don't know my name, they know I'm the big white guy with the Jordan tattoo,'' he said. "I like that. Reebok will have to get used to that.''
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/09/r...ttoo-wont-fly/

great quote