Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-11-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would you work the inside of your chest muscles out? Ya know your inner pecks?
Old 06-11-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
How would you work the inside of your chest muscles out? Ya know your inner pecks?
Pec Flys do the trick
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
That sounds impossible, have you or someone you know done it? That'd be incredible.
Co worker of mine lost 14 lbs overnight by taking a ton of laxatives and spending like 6-7 hours in the sauna. He made his weigh in but his entire body cramped up on him from dehydration
Old 06-11-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how do you all check your body fat? I messed around with one of those lil sensor things that you hold the metal part on both sides. anybody know how accurate those things are because it said i was 6.5% body fat.

it looked like this character right here:

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing mass amounts of water weight isnt really that hard. Garbage bags taped around your arms and legs, in a track suit in a sauna doing some form of exercise usually lets you cut 8-12 lbs in 24 hours. I used to have to cut for boxing, never to that extreme though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
how do you all check your body fat? I messed around with one of those lil sensor things that you hold the metal part on both sides. anybody know how accurate those things are because it said i was 6.5% body fat.

it looked like this character right here:
These things are balls. If you are particularely hydrated that day, it can throw off your entire reading. Skin flaps is the way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the little gadget that said I was 16.8%

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do I go to get my body fat measured?
Old 06-11-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a scale that gives me my weight, body fat%, and water%. I don't see how it can calculate the later two by just my feet being placed on it, must be bull.

Edit: Just stepped on it, 5 lbs over my usual weight. Onto Planet Fitness..
Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
I have a scale that gives me my weight, body fat%, and water%. I don't see how it can calculate the later two by just my feet being placed on it, must be bull.
It can track water% based on a small pulse it sends through your feet. At least mine does
Old 06-11-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finished my regular routine for the week and have a rest day tomorrow. Anyone have any extra workouts that they do? Sprints or something? I'm not trying to do any lifting or typical cardio.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sprints + running stairs was always fun.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I finished my regular routine for the week and have a rest day tomorrow. Anyone have any extra workouts that they do? Sprints or something? I'm not trying to do any lifting or typical cardio.
100 yard lunges....then sprint back. Then lung 10 yards push up 5, lung 10 yards pushs up 5, untill you get back where u finished.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JUMP ROPE!!!!

I am telling you. Great, great cardio in terms of calorie burning. Also causes great agility gains. Plus, if you are semi-athletic you can pick it up really well within a week to the point where you are doing really cool stuff.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Edit: Just stepped on it, 5 lbs over my usual weight. Onto Planet Fitness..
Planet Fitness is where I go, love it. I heard there was a gym for 10 bucks a month and I thought everything would be made of wood, lol, but they have nice equipment. The only thing I don't like is the barbells don't go over 75 lbs. I don't need it right now, but soon I will if I keep up my current progress when I do benching with the barbells.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
JUMP ROPE!!!!

I am telling you. Great, great cardio in terms of calorie burning. Also causes great agility gains. Plus, if you are semi-athletic you can pick it up really well within a week to the point where you are doing really cool stuff.
I am a beast with a jump rope, can literally go forever on them. forward and backward. Can do a few of the crossing tricks and spins and stuff, but I am nowhere near as good as some of the videos I've seen of people jumping rope.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mine does that too, but I don't even pay attention to it. It usually says I have around 55% water weight and 29% body fat. I'm pretty sure 30% is considered obese and since I'm in good shape there is no way that's anywhere close to accurate.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Planet Fitness is where I go, love it. I heard there was a gym for 10 bucks a month and I thought everything would be made of wood, lol, but they have nice equipment. The only thing I don't like is the barbells don't go over 75 lbs. I don't need it right now, but soon I will if I keep up my current progress when I do benching with the barbells.
What 75lb barbell? I thought they were 45 lbs ones...or are those the Olympic Barbells.

Also Planet Fitness sucks, you can't do power lifts, or grunt or make noise. My friends go there and told me they have bunch of great stuff there for everything else. They have a bunch of Smith Machines but no racks, so you can deadlift, clean and squat. Also your not allowed to do them there anyways. How gyms suck, I want to go back to Temple gym that place was great, compared to Bally. Damn companies targeting the average gym goer, I want to try Gold's gym but not one close by.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What 75lb barbell? I thought they were 45 lbs ones...or are those the Olympic Barbells.

Also Planet Fitness sucks, you can't do power lifts, or grunt or make noise. My friends go there and told me they have bunch of great stuff there for everything else. They have a bunch of Smith Machines but no racks, so you can deadlift, clean and squat. Also your not allowed to do them there anyways. How gyms suck, I want to go back to Temple gym that place was great, compared to Bally. Damn companies targeting the average gym goer, I want to try Gold's gym but not one close by.
45 pounds bars, at least what I call them, and everyone I know, lol. I should've said that the dumbbells only go up to 75 lbs, but I figured everyone knew them as the same thing.

And planet fitness is awesome. The last thing I need to hear is some musclehead grunting, its so unnecessary. And your paying one third of almost any other gym, so that negates any female grunting you will miss...kind of.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its not grunting about planet fitness. The fact that the ones by me dont have a real bench/squat rack AND ban Deadlifts is what pisses me off. Those are the 3 most important lifts and they dont even have the equipment for them.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I work for the Sheriff's Office I get free access to their gym under the jail. I'm by myself 75% of the time so I can grunt and listen to music as loud as I want.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Planet Fitness isn't bad, the one near me lets you do any exercise you want. And the cardio section is fantastic. I've done a Golds free trial, nice gym, lots of equipment, kinda cramped though.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate "grunters". The little strains you do to yourself are fine, but I don't need to know you are on the squat rack from across the gym while I have my i-pod turned up full blast.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Its not grunting about planet fitness. The fact that the ones by me dont have a real bench/squat rack AND ban Deadlifts is what pisses me off. Those are the 3 most important lifts and they dont even have the equipment for them.
Well mine allows you to do them, they just don't want you to grunt when you do it, lol

Old 06-12-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I hate "grunters". The little strains you do to yourself are fine, but I don't need to know you are on the squat rack from across the gym while I have my i-pod turned up full blast.
I like the sirens they have at Planet Fitness that makes the grunters/weight throwers feel like asshats. Its a rare occurance, but when they go off you'll hear about 10 people laughing, and some incredibly hacked guy is either all flustered or gets pissed. Haha.