Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-30-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Duke was over hyped because of the school he went to. John needs to drop the weight, but he is just as talented and has more upside than Duke.
Just as talented as a 6th rounder?

I thought the kid from Florida State was real good. I can't remember his name off the top of my head.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$$$$

remember kids. the higher you pick, the worse it is because you have to pay the piper. and the piper is expensive.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

shady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Give me...Jerry Hughes in 2010
Old 04-30-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady00 View Post
Give me...Jerry Hughes in 2010
Very undersized at 6'2, 248 and if he has another 15 sack season, he won't be around for our 2nd rounder. He'll be going to some 3-4 team in the first as an OLB.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

shady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

yeah, Hughes doesn't fit our system but I love his motor; he's not the best prospect in next year's draft, but I love his game.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our needs:

FS-We will have a wait and see approach here. If like I suspect this position falls on its face and we dont have a quality starter, then it is vaulted to the top of the needs list. If Josh Bullocks turns out to be a steal or Zach Bowman is a good FS, or Al whatever is a steal from the draft. 3 chances I still dont like our odds.

WR-This is still a need. As of right now we have no idea how Iglesias and Hester will perform this year. Regardless we will still need at least one WR with some potential. But again, if Iglesias and Hester fail we will need an impact player next year.

OL Depth- Our young guns who should be with the team for awhile are Frank Omiyale (OG/OT), Chris Williams (OT), and Josh Beekman (G/C) This is Frank's first year so we will see, this should be Williams first full year playing, and from Josh we have seen he is serviceable at G but his future position is C. So we have 3 hopefully good starters for the future. Beyond that everyone else is getting short on time.

CB-Tillman is aging. Vasher hasn't played well in a few years, and our depth is only okay. I like DJ Moore and Corey Graham but even Im not sold that they are our future stars at the position. If it came down to Corey Graham and DJ Moore as starters and Daniel Manning as our nickelback I would be worried since none are very physical. Regardless, we still need at least one development corner from next years draft.

LB- I like Jamar as a WLB and I think its time to start thinking about Urlacher's future. We need some impact depth at this position.

These are the areas I think should be on our draft board for next year (as of now these are subject to change)

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
Our needs:

FS-We will have a wait and see approach here. If like I suspect this position falls on its face and we dont have a quality starter, then it is vaulted to the top of the needs list. If Josh Bullocks turns out to be a steal or Zach Bowman is a good FS, or Al whatever is a steal from the draft. 3 chances I still dont like our odds.

WR-This is still a need. As of right now we have no idea how Iglesias and Hester will perform this year. Regardless we will still need at least one WR with some potential. But again, if Iglesias and Hester fail we will need an impact player next year.I agree, I dont think that our guys are top notch WRs

OL Depth- Our young guns who should be with the team for awhile are Frank Omiyale (OG/OT), Chris Williams (OT), and Josh Beekman (G/C) This is Frank's first year so we will see, this should be Williams first full year playing, and from Josh we have seen he is serviceable at G but his future position is C. So we have 3 hopefully good starters for the future. Beyond that everyone else is getting short on time.

CB-Tillman is aging. Vasher hasn't played well in a few years, and our depth is only okay. I like DJ Moore and Corey Graham but even Im not sold that they are our future stars at the position. If it came down to Corey Graham and DJ Moore as starters and Daniel Manning as our nickelback I would be worried since none are very physical. Regardless, we still need at least one development corner from next years draft. This is where I disagree. We have 3 young guys in McBride, Graham, and now Moore. I think that the 1st two have showed that they can contribute, and play pretty decently. Moore had a good draft grade on him. Develop the guys we have and we'll be fine

LB- I like Jamar as a WLB and I think its time to start thinking about Urlacher's future. We need some impact depth at this position. We also just drafted a guy, Freeman, in the 4th round. But yes, I think we should think about drafting a guy to sit behind Urlacher pretty soon.

These are the areas I think should be on our draft board for next year (as of now these are subject to change)
screw 10char

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:15 AM    (permalink
Wavy77
Rookie

Wavy77 is a cocksman.Wavy77 is a cocksman.Wavy77 is a cocksman.Wavy77 is a cocksman.Wavy77 is a cocksman.

Personally I don't buy into our DBs being weak until we get consistent pressure from our front four. If we had the Vikings d-line our DBs would have looked better then they did last year.

I'm not saying that we're set at any of the DB positions, but I'd focuse on fixing the defensive line before looking at the backs.

As pointed out earlier next years class is very good and deep. I read somewhere that it's going to be one of the best classes in decades. Now, there's still a season of college football to be played and some waiting to see what juniors declare, but there's no doubt that the overall quality is very good, and not only that: dpeth is good as well, making it likely that several potential first rounders could fall down to the second.

I was a little bummed to hear that we almost traded this years second for a first rounder this year (I think Connor Barwin going to the Texans at 46 was what ruined this party for us), but now we've got two d-linemen (Gilbert and Melton) for that pick, and by next season these guys both have one year under the belt where they have the chance to improve.

A WR I'm a little intrigued by is Carlton Mitchell out of South Florida. He's 6-4 and ran a 4.40 40 yd dsh, but his 08 season was quite lackluster, so right now his grade is more like a 3rd rounder but if his 09 season is better he might be a stud going into the draft (I'm not sure if he's a junior or senior tbh).
Wavy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy77 View Post
Personally I don't buy into our DBs being weak until we get consistent pressure from our front four. If we had the Vikings d-line our DBs would have looked better then they did last year.
Or more profoundly: if you have pressure up front like san diego got. you make Cromartie look like god.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so who is "your guy" for next draft. I had Everette Brown and DHB last season. I have a few that I really like.

Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma st - Easily my favorite prospect for the 2010 draft. Guy can do it all.

Auston English DE Oklahoma
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3202/...5e327e.jpg?v=0

Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech
http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic....E6RvSsBw%2C%2C

Last edited by regoob2 : 06-03-2009 at 01:55 PM.
regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope I get a scholarship from Minnesota so I can accept it, be on the team, and completely ruin them for you.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DECKERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

But also

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:17 AM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech
Wow that guys a beast, looks like Boldin
Old 06-12-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every post in this thread should have Dez Bryant in it. He's that good. :D

Old 06-12-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It does suck that we traded our first round pick for 2010, but definitely worth it for Jay Cutler, so I'm going to look at 2nd/3rd round guys.
Eric Decker is one of them. The only question is whether he will play baseball or football. Nothing needs to be said about Dez Bryant, he's that good.
My wide receivers...

DeMaryius Thomas

Dezmon Briscoe

Mark Dell

Mardy Gilyard

Free safeties...

Morgan Burnett

Deunta Williams

Nate Allen

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 06-12-2009 at 04:15 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RT Kyle Calloway could be a decent pickup in the 2nd or 3rd round for you guys.

Three year starter for Iowa at 6'7 320
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
RT Kyle Calloway could be a decent pickup in the 2nd or 3rd round for you guys.

Three year starter for Iowa at 6'7 320
He doesnt get the best push and isnt overly athletic. Thats likely a bit early. Id be all for him a few rounds later.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

It might be a smidge early for this but who cares.

2. George Selvie - DE USF
3. Mike Williams - WR Syracuse
4. Adam Ulatoski - OT Texas
5. Micah Johnson - LB Kentucky
6. A.J. Wallace - CB Penn State

Old 08-13-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
It might be a smidge early for this but who cares.

2. George Selvie - DE USF
3. Mike Williams - WR Syracuse
4. Adam Ulatoski - OT Texas
5. Micah Johnson - LB Kentucky
6. A.J. Wallace - CB Penn State
I disagree with going DE with our 1st pick. Yes we need the help, but at the same time we have some younger guys that are projects that maybe Marinelli can work into some pretty decent players. Mark Anderson, Henry Melton and maybe a bit of Gilbert.

Same goes with WR. A lot of young guys with potential, why add another Wr to the mix. Hester, Bennett, now Rideau is turning heads, we still have Knox that the team has been raving about and Iglesias.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, not a fan of another mid round WR....

Honestly, it'll be another depth adding year I think. We could use some more younger guys along the o-line....probably at S too.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Yeah, not a fan of another mid round WR....

Honestly, it'll be another depth adding year I think. We could use some more younger guys along the o-line....probably at S too.
I hope so, definitely at OL. I wouldnt mind seeing a RB taken in rounds 2-4 either pending on how Kevin Jones does this year as a #2.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Selvie pick. I would like to restock the lines this year as well. If we can go DE and FS with the first two picks, I would pretty happy with that. I think CJ Wilson from East Carolina would fit in well.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Gophers fan and season-ticket holder, I love Eric Decker, but even I would give Bennett and Iglesias a chance before drafting him, as he's a very similar player.

That said, I hope we draft him, so I don't have to root for another team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 08-13-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I hope I get a scholarship from Minnesota so I can accept it, be on the team, and completely ruin them for you.
You're obsession with me is flattering my good sir.