Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-12-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I like the sirens they have at Planet Fitness that makes the grunters/weight throwers feel like asshats. Its a rare occurance, but when they go off you'll hear about 10 people laughing, and some incredibly hacked guy is either all flustered or gets pissed. Haha.
I don't grunt, but breath hard, when I'm dead lifting a heavy weight or squatting heavy.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I don't grunt, but breath hard, when I'm dead lifting a heavy weight or squatting heavy.
I jsut stick with my mouth being barely open, and forceful breaths when I'm doing a lot. I always find it funny when people are doing light weight and grunting. It makes me think they are jsut looking for attention.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when people are moving light weight grunting is lame, but hey, if a guy needs to grunt to get up a ridiculous lift I cant currently do, then who am I to judge?

In other news: I just started WS4SB this week as a change from Rip's 5x5. It has been going well, but the repetition day just destroyed me. I am used to lifting heavy for smaller reps. That is how it is for 2 days on WS4SB, but the third day starts off with benching for max reps with 135, taking 60 seconds rest, and doing 2 more sets the same way. I was absolutely gassed and the rest of my workout suffered. Guess its good tho..........gotta build up some endurance clearly.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I don't need to know you are on the squat rack from across the gym while I have my i-pod turned up full blast.
Sad part is that they are spending energy to produce that noise, and thus hurting their chances of getting that lift up.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Sad part is that they are spending energy to produce that noise, and thus hurting their chances of getting that lift up.
I dunno, it seems to work OK for Ronnie...

In fact, most serious lifters seem to make a lot of noise while lifting.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This website has FANTASTIC information to build a workout. It has an animated demonstration of every workout you could possibly think of to do.

http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Its not grunting about planet fitness. The fact that the ones by me dont have a real bench/squat rack AND ban Deadlifts is what pisses me off. Those are the 3 most important lifts and they dont even have the equipment for them.
I used to go to a planet fitness when I lived in Northern Virginia. Honestly I don't think the Siren ever went off. They only had 3 benches though. The gym I went to had 1 squat rack so I usually hogged it for 45 minutes while everyone else waited. Little room though. I was basically had to move around and do dead lifts by the cardio section. But hell 10$ a month, and Pizza once a month, what's not to like. The Sport and Health club I go to now charges almost as much in a month than I was paying for a year at PF. The S&HC though I go to now has some fine booty. Planet Fitness had leaky roofs and a water fountain that was either warm or not working. There's nothing more discouraging than doing some Military presses with water dripping in your eye.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

grunt after being a bike for 3 hours.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
No AQ, we all know why you ride bikes. So you can grunt the three hours during that bumpy ride. Not afterward :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 06-12-2009 at 11:25 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Banana seat will do that to you
Old 06-12-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love snatches.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

What are some foods that have lots of good calories in them? Take into consideration for me that I'm vegetarian, no fish either or eggs ahha, oh and I don't eat onion or garlic even if its processed in food.

So far I found Brown rice and Broccoli, and Potatoes and Broccoli to be my meal after working out, anything else?

I need help taking in 3500-4000, and I avoid junk food, and sugar based.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are some foods that have lots of good calories in them? Take into consideration for me that I'm vegetarian, no fish either or eggs ahha, oh and I don't eat onion or garlic even if its processed in food.

So far I found Brown rice and Broccoli, and Potatoes and Broccoli to be my meal after working out, anything else?

Whey protein?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like the sirens they have at Planet Fitness that makes the grunters/weight throwers feel like asshats. Its a rare occurance, but when they go off you'll hear about 10 people laughing, and some incredibly hacked guy is either all flustered or gets pissed. Haha.
Try not throwing your weight when your hang/power cleaning a **** load of weight... After your final rep, all you want to do is get that weight off of you. I usually just drop mine, but if I had a bad set, I'll throw it.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:

Why are you a vegetarian?

Nothing is better than steak/beef and potatoes after a good lift.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Why are you a vegetarian?

Nothing is better than steak/beef and potatoes after a good lift.
True story.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Try not throwing your weight when your hang/power cleaning a **** load of weight... After your final rep, all you want to do is get that weight off of you. I usually just drop mine, but if I had a bad set, I'll throw it.
That I don't have a problem with myself, but the people who like to bring attention to themselves, by throwing small weights like they are hot ****.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
That I don't have a problem with myself, but the people who like to bring attention to themselves, by throwing small weights like they are hot ****.
As for grunts... I usually have small grunts doing most of my lifts when I do heavy weight, but for squats, sometimes I really let one out if I'm doing a heavy set.

I don't know why, but it seems to help you.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
True story.
I just don't understand how anyone can deprive themselves of the awesomeness of cow, pig, chicken, or lamb... It's mind boggling.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oatmeal or whole wheat noodles, boi.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

When you guys power clean, do you stay up, or do you squat down after you get the weight up?

I always squat down during my hang cleans, but for power cleans, I usually go half way.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I just don't understand how anyone can deprive themselves of the awesomeness of cow, pig, chicken, or lamb... It's mind boggling.
Cow, pig, chicken, lamb, salmon, swordfish, lobster, shrimp, scallops etc...He did say nothing from animals.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Cow, pig, chicken, lamb, salmon, swordfish, lobster, shrimp, scallops etc...He did say nothing from animals.
So that takes away eggs, butter, ice cream, cheese, basically all sweets, lol.

My cousin is a vegan, and this will truly surprise you...

The only mass produced cookie that is vegan approved is the Oreo.

Another reason why Oreos are the best thing in the world... even for vegans.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As for grunts... I usually have small grunts doing most of my lifts when I do heavy weight, but for squats, sometimes I really let one out if I'm doing a heavy set.

I don't know why, but it seems to help you.
I'm pretty sure they did an experiment about that on that Sports Science show and it proved that it does help.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
So that takes away eggs, butter, ice cream, cheese, basically all sweets, lol.

My cousin is a vegan, and this will truly surprise you...

The only mass produced cookie that is vegan approved is the Oreo.

Another reason why Oreos are the best thing in the world... even for vegans.
Without milk though, they are garbage... however, with milk... I think I just jizzed my pants thinking about Oreos and milk.