Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-19-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the guy I had been talking about earlier in the thread. Hopefully, some of you guys will like these. "Man of Me" was used by Craig Morgan in his newest Album, but they switched up the lyrics a bit and re-named it "It Took a Woman". It is my favorite of the songs on that album, so take that for what its worth.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The youtube title says "Man out of me." That means he had a man in him, and that's just wrong.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
The youtube title says "Man out of me." That means he had a man in him, and that's just wrong.
LOL.

Give it a listen, and you'll see its not the literal, more the figurative...

Edit:

Found another...

This is personally one of my favorites of his...

Double Edit: If you like these there are some more, but I don't want to fill up the page with videos.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 06-19-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So when are we going to start calling country music by its appropriate name: redneck emo.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
So when are we going to start calling country music by its appropriate name: redneck emo.
Some of it qualifies as redneck gangsta rap. I've noticed there's a lot of talk about alcohol and loose women in many country songs. Enough mention of weed, too. The only thing it lacks are things like talking about money(although I bet someone corrects me on that one), and pimped out cars(country musicians instead opt for pickups).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Some of it qualifies as redneck gangsta rap. I've noticed there's a lot of talk about alcohol and loose women in many country songs. Enough mention of weed, too. The only thing it lacks are things like talking about money(although I bet someone corrects me on that one), and pimped out cars(country musicians instead opt for pickups).
For the most part country artists stay away from money in their music. They allude to it in many songs, but it isn't as obvious as some rap. The rest is spot on though. Weed is mentioned all the time, especially in the lesser known artists it seems.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Actually SABF, one song that does mention money is Big and Rich's "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy".

Opening lyrics are...

Well I wlk into the room, passsin out hundred dollar bills
And it kills, it thrills, like the horns on my Silverado grill.

It isn't common, but it happens. That happens to be one of my favorite songs BTW.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite song right now...
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm mainly a Classic Rock fan but i do like In Color by Jamey Johnson, the first country song i ever really liked.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

My favorite song right now...
Great song... Have you heard the rest of his new album?

I just got a song that was released as a single. (Have both albums) The single is called "His Kinf of Money". Have you heard that? Really good song?

I know all the Eric Church lovers will love the song.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneKrusher View Post
i'm mainly a Classic Rock fan but i do like In Color by Jamey Johnson, the first country song i ever really liked.
That is a great, great song, I'm a big fan of his. "High Cost of Living" is a song that I like, and if you like "In Color", you might like this, possibly. The country fans will probably like it a lot if they haven't heard it yet.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Infinite +rep if you can find me a song i'm looking for. I neither know the artist, or the name of the song, but here's all the info i have.

It's a male singer, it's a very slow song, most likely about love and heartbreak, and one of the main lyrics is:

"just one last cigarette"

I've tried just about everything and i can't get the song. Googling won't do much help as i've done that already, but maybe one of you all know it off the top of your head.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Infinite +rep if you can find me a song i'm looking for. I neither know the artist, or the name of the song, but here's all the info i have.

It's a male singer, it's a very slow song, most likely about love and heartbreak, and one of the main lyrics is:

"just one last cigarette"

I've tried just about everything and i can't get the song. Googling won't do much help as i've done that already, but maybe one of you all know it off the top of your head.
Any other lyrics you can think of? I'm thinking of the song lyrics "back in this cigarette", but I'm drawing a blank on that song and singer as well.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Any of you ***** listen to the Avett Brothers?
i just heard of them and i really like them. only thing country on my itunes.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Any other lyrics you can think of? I'm thinking of the song lyrics "back in this cigarette", but I'm drawing a blank on that song and singer as well.
Nah, that's Jason Aldean. I have absolutely no idea who sings that song, or any other lyric of it. But i really wanna know what song it is! ****!
Old 07-05-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
i just heard of them and i really like them. only thing country on my itunes.
I just started lsitening to some of their stuff. I like a few of their songs, really different than mainstream country for sure, but I like them.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Nah, that's Jason Aldean. I have absolutely no idea who sings that song, or any other lyric of it. But i really wanna know what song it is! ****!
I was thinking that too, I just wasn't quite sure...

Old 07-08-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well im heading off to craven today... if you dont know what that is, you should be ashamed. 96 beer in 5 days of none stop drinking and partying. i'll be back. google it if youre not sure. be jealous.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well this is for fisch...

I am absolutely in love with the Avett Brothers song "Talk on Indolence". I've listened to it countless times this week, including multiple threepeats of the song.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally "bought" the entire Eric Church "Sinners Like Me" album. I had heard most of the songs before, but it's a great album that flows really well.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Finally "bought" the entire Eric Church "Sinners Like Me" album. I had heard most of the songs before, but it's a great album that flows really well.
Truth... It is my favorite album, and it isn't that close. All the songs are amazing, and like you say, they flow well, some will almost lead you in to another, and then there are two in a row that show so much contrast and compliment eachother (i.e. "Pledge Allegiance to the Hag" followed by "Two Pink Lines") I have his second album as well, and it has those same qualities, though it isn't as good as what "Sinners Like Me" was for him, IMO, but that is tough to follow up with. It is a favorite of mine as well. I have yet to find an Eric Church song I will skip over. He is one of the few, if not only, artists that has never been skipped over by me.

Did you go to the concert in Hershey or not?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The name of the second album is "Carolina", if you didn't know already, and that song is great as well. i mentioned it before, but it is such a good song that it deserves being mentioned again, as is the case with all Eric Church songs.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well this is for fisch...

I am absolutely in love with the Avett Brothers song "Talk on Indolence". I've listened to it countless times this week, including multiple threepeats of the song.
My favourite song, being that I've actually done pretty everything in the song at one point or another

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Got A Bbq Stain On My White T-shirt.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just started lsitening to some of their stuff. I like a few of their songs, really different than mainstream country for sure, but I like them.
I think that's why I like them so much. I don't really like mainstream country. I'm considering going to buffalo for the avett brothers concert. Only a 6 and a half hour drive for a free concert