Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 06-10-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A quiet lull before the real fun stuff starts, that's all!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
A quiet lull before the real fun stuff starts, that's all!
Ah, there ya are! :P I guess I could pose a question to possibly get a debate going...

Will Brodie Croyle be on the roster come Week 1 of regular season?

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
Ah, there ya are! :P I guess I could pose a question to possibly get a debate going...

Will Brodie Croyle be on the roster come Week 1 of regular season?
Oh easy. He showed a lot of promise the days the wind wasn't blowing in his direction. I think if you set him down, make him eat his veggies and hit the weightroom, he could be a really good quarterback. Besides, he's easily the best 3rd string quarterback in the league. It's kinda sad to admit this, but our third string QB this year was far better than the Vikings' starter(Tav. Jack) last year.

What do you guys' expect to see out of Tyson Jackson this year statwise? Since he's the third overall pick:
100 tackles, 26 sacks, 10 FF, 1 INT and an "atta boy" from Coach Haley(just kidding).
Old 06-11-2009, 08:48 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on how they use him. He could easily end up with 8+ sacks and 60 tackles. That'd be where I'd set the bar if he's the starting strongside DE.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, I do think Brodie will be on the roster come week one. If anything he's a capable backup and they're obviously extremely useful if your starting QB goes down. Like I've been saying, I'm still pretty high on Croyle, he just can't stay healthy. He looked good before he was injured AGAIN, so I'd love him as our backup. At least you know you have someone somewhat competent going in if Cassel is injured.

As for Tyson Jackson, depending on how the rest of the line plays and how the additions to the LB corp work out, I could see anywhere between 2 and 6 sacks, but I think that's about all you can expect from a 3-4 DE each year. Anything else is gravy. To get more he'd have to be an exceptional talent and I still don't see that from him, but I'd absolutely love to be proven wrong. I think at most you will have a good, solid football player for 10 years. I don't see that "once a decade" type player here, but again, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Yes, I do think Brodie will be on the roster come week one. If anything he's a capable backup and they're obviously extremely useful if your starting QB goes down. Like I've been saying, I'm still pretty high on Croyle, he just can't stay healthy. He looked good before he was injured AGAIN, so I'd love him as our backup. At least you know you have someone somewhat competent going in if Cassel is injured.

As for Tyson Jackson, depending on how the rest of the line plays and how the additions to the LB corp work out, I could see anywhere between 2 and 6 sacks, but I think that's about all you can expect from a 3-4 DE each year. Anything else is gravy. To get more he'd have to be an exceptional talent and I still don't see that from him, but I'd absolutely love to be proven wrong. I think at most you will have a good, solid football player for 10 years. I don't see that "once a decade" type player here, but again, I'd love to be proven wrong.
I agree with you on Tyson Jackson 100%. As for Croyle, he did look great when I had seen him at camps and can remember getting excited that we had him. If only he could stay 100% healthy like you mentioned it'd be very interesting to see. Maybe a year on the bench of healing and resting will do him good and maybe he'll be a solid backup. At the same time though, with Thigpen...I don't know if we even need Croyle. Thigpen seems like a good alternate choice as it his.

On a side note, I like to post in other sections...as a Packers fan, even the Packers section. I have to mention though that this section feels like home, look forward to hanging around more on here. Joined like 2006 but never got on here.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I agree with you on Tyson Jackson 100%. As for Croyle, he did look great when I had seen him at camps and can remember getting excited that we had him. If only he could stay 100% healthy like you mentioned it'd be very interesting to see. Maybe a year on the bench of healing and resting will do him good and maybe he'll be a solid backup. At the same time though, with Thigpen...I don't know if we even need Croyle. Thigpen seems like a good alternate choice as it his.

On a side note, I like to post in other sections...as a Packers fan, even the Packers section. I have to mention though that this section feels like home, look forward to hanging around more on here. Joined like 2006 but never got on here.
Glad you decided to stop by! The Chiefs posters on these boards are pretty damn knowledgeable, and there are a lot of us. Funny for a team that has won six games in two years..

Old 06-12-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:
Glad you decided to stop by! The Chiefs posters on these boards are pretty damn knowledgeable, and there are a lot of us. Funny for a team that has won six games in two years..
Yeah I have noticed, some good Chiefs fans to represent on here. :)

Old 06-18-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Missouri board approves new training camp deal for Chiefs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Old 06-18-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Depends on how they use him. He could easily end up with 8+ sacks and 60 tackles. That'd be where I'd set the bar if he's the starting strongside DE.
Even if we weren't playing a 3-4 defense I'd say there's a slim chance Jackson puts up those numbers this year. Rookie defensive linemen hardly ever put up good stats, unless your name is Jevon Kearse and then youre just a freak. He never put up those kinds of tackles and only one year did he post more than four and a half sacks. What he'll be asked to do is take up blockers and allow the linebackers to go free. We won't see a statistical contribution of significance from Jackson.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Ryan Succop has reportedly signed with the Chiefs on a 3 year deal, worth $1.2 million.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Ryan Succop has reportedly signed with the Chiefs on a 3 year deal, worth $1.2 million.
That's surprising. I really like Connor Barth. He was perfect until late last year when he missed a few, but he's a good young kicker.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:
That's surprising. I really like Connor Barth. He was perfect until late last year when he missed a few, but he's a good young kicker.
I was surprised as well, then again...the new coaching staff/GM probably want their 'own' guy in there yet again.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barth doesn't have much of a leg. Still am more shocked that Graham Gano went undrafted.

And still...Carl passed on Mason Crosby (no-brainer) for Justin Medlock...unbelievable.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Barth doesn't have much of a leg. Still am more shocked that Graham Gano went undrafted.

And still...Carl passed on Mason Crosby (no-brainer) for Justin Medlock...unbelievable.
I know it! Being a Chiefs/Packers fan...I knew both teams were in the market for a kicker and I was high on Crosby, was shocked when K.C. went elsewhere! Was thrilled that Green Bay got him, so I agree I can't believe they made that move.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Chiefs still adjusting to Haley's aggressive coaching style (NFL.com)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Old 06-23-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Can't believe I'm the first one to mention this...DT is getting his No. 58 retired! ;) He was, and will always be the man.

Chiefs to retire number of Derrick Thomas (Yahoo.com Sports)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Old 06-24-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...s-with-chiefs/

Congrats. Still one of my favorite Bears though he's like made of glass.....and even last year when healthy, he had clearly lost about 3 steps.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Don't love the signing unless it's a backup/special teams role. I like Page and Pollard, though I like Page a lot more.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pollard has'nt proven anything to me yet so this is a great signing
Old 06-24-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see your point about Pollard, I always thought he'd do pretty good as a LB since he is a great tackler......he also lead the team in tackles last year with 92.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...s-with-chiefs/

Congrats. Still one of my favorite Bears though he's like made of glass.....and even last year when healthy, he had clearly lost about 3 steps.
I like the move we are very young in the back field on D we need a vet even if he doesn't start to help out.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Brown's good for competition. I don't think either of Page/Pollard has done anything to deserve a starting spot without competition, and I personally believe they were made to both play strong safety. Really interested in seeing what Morgan has to offer on defense.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I disagree as I think Page is the perfect Free Safety for us. He's quick, can play the run, and is good in coverage. What more can you ask for? Is he on the same level as Bob Sanders or Ed Reed? No, but not many are.

If anyone should be sitting, it should be Pollard, and for Morgan.. not for Mike Brown.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I think Brown's good for competition. I don't think either of Page/Pollard has done anything to deserve a starting spot without competition, and I personally believe they were made to both play strong safety. Really interested in seeing what Morgan has to offer on defense.
I agree about Pollard he misses way to many tackles he goes for the big hit way to much he is pretty much Greg Welsey part 2.

As for Page I think he is one of our better players I can't wait to see what he could do with a team around him.