Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I can't remember if I saw this in this thread or not but here it goes:

Heh, I got a good chuckle out of it.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought that was why it was funny?
Yes, but I bet you would be surprised at the amount of people that would not understand that.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Yes, but I bet you would be surprised at the amount of people that would not understand that.
I don't quite get what your saying....

Are you saying that what he is saying is historically/theologically weak/innaccurate or that most people are idiots when it comes to their knowledge of history and wouldn't know that he's being what I said before?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

I salute this kid.
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/us-m...ox-flower.html

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't remember if I saw this in this thread or not but here it goes:

Its almost like Starwars...almost...
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Uh... You just did?

Not to mention anyone who thinks that what "randomferret" stated is true has pretty weak historical/theological knowledge, which is common among most people.
Including many "anyones" who subscribe to one of those four faiths. What's your point?
Quote:
I thought that was why it was funny?
Me too. I just shook my head and chuckled, same as I did w/the Joker Jetsons joke and the "brown or pink" nonsense that I posted. W/o a sense of humor about such stupidity I would have pulled a William Foster years ago.

My biggest question with randomferret's post is the curious use of the (non)word "retcons" . . .

The whole post reeks of redneck, though, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the lack of spelling skills on what I assume is supposed to be "reckons." Not that it matters much, since it makes no sense to say something "reckons the last one like it never happened."

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:21 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and simply b/c a good lol cat is always fun . . .

Old 06-23-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
My biggest question with randomferret's post is the curious use of the (non)word "retcons" . . .

The whole post reeks of redneck, though, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the lack of spelling skills on what I assume is supposed to be "reckons." Not that it matters much, since it makes no sense to say something "reckons the last one like it never happened."

"Retcons" is totally a word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retcon
Old 06-23-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

lmao - I was actually thinking it looked like some kind of made up, comic convention word.

Ok, I'll stand somewhat corrected. It wasn't a typo or poor spelling, but Wiki makes not a word.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://dictionary.die.net/retcon

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha Flying Elvis just made himself look like a douche didnt he

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Including many "anyones" who subscribe to one of those four faiths. What's your point?
Ok...Are you implying that anyone who who subscribes to one of those faiths has a thorough theological knowledge of it? If so, Haha.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok...Are you implying that anyone who who subscribes to one of those faiths has a thorough theological knowledge of it? If so, Haha.
I'm pretty sure he is implying the exact opposite.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I'm pretty sure he is implying the exact opposite.
Very true now that a re-read it. It was worded tricky ;)
We are in agreement then Elvis.

they get smoked.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
LIES!!

I take pride in my obstinacy.

To that end, I always check before claiming a word does not exist using the old standards in dictionaries: Merriam-Webster and Cambridge.

Quote:
Very true now that a re-read it. It was worded tricky ;)
We are in agreement then Elvis.
Tricksome hobbitses . . .

We are in agreement and I completely misread you statement first, since you clearly stated it "is common among most people." ;)

Old 06-23-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
LIES!!

I take pride in my obstinacy.

To that end, I always check before claiming a word does not exist using the old standards in dictionaries: Merriam-Webster and Cambridge.
Tricksome hobbitses . . .

We are in agreement and I completely misread you statement first, since you clearly stated it "is common among most people." ;)

If those are the only sources you use to make sure that words are real, then good luck if you ever have to write a paper about the internet and the hundreds, if not thousands, of new words it's development has brought with it.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If those are the only sources you use to make sure that words are real, then good luck if you ever have to write a paper about the internet and the hundreds, if not thousands, of new words it's development has brought with it.
My days of paper writing are behind me, but those 2 are generally updated as slang terms become accepted words. The fact that the internet accepts them does not make them words. The exact opposite of what you tell me can be said right back.

This retcon is an excellent example as it is not really a word. Rather, it is an accepted contraction of 2 words. The availability of a definition on the web does not mean it is truly a word. I can find the definition for PIIDB but that doesn't make it a word.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
My days of paper writing are behind me, but those 2 are generally updated as slang terms become accepted words. The fact that the internet accepts them does not make them words. The exact opposite of what you tell me can be said right back.

This retcon is an excellent example as it is not really a word. Rather, it is an accepted contraction of 2 words. The availability of a definition on the web does not mean it is truly a word. I can find the definition for PIIDB but that doesn't make it a word.
Well, we're living in a time where lines like what is "real" and not are becoming more and more blurred.......

So maybe it's not a "real" "word" but it's......an accepted word with a fairly widely known definition. I think if you used it in a paper, and then defined it after it's first use, it would be ok to keep using. I've done that plenty with other modern slang kind of words.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Usage is existence.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Well, we're living in a time where lines like what is "real" and not are becoming more and more blurred.......

So maybe it's not a "real" "word" but it's......an accepted word with a fairly widely known definition. I think if you used it in a paper, and then defined it after it's first use, it would be ok to keep using. I've done that plenty with other modern slang kind of words.
I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Usage is existence.
Existence was never in question.

All I was doing was making a point to parry the attack of the Wang. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post

Old 06-23-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post

All kidding aside, it was me who tried to give her the rose.
Now I want my apology :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
All kidding aside, it was me who tried to give her the rose.
Now I want my apology :)
You mean an apology from your parents for buying you those clothes and letting you leave the house in them, right?

Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote