Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 06-14-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
am I the only one that is shocked we would be in the playoffs, in that scenario?
I'm not. Cain and Lincecum are a combined 15-2 with about a 2.60 ERA. Sandoval and Molina are both having decent years at the plate.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sabean will get a corner infielder with power if the Giants remain in contention for another month or so. There will be a few guys on the market with other teams falling out if their respective division races.

Their pitching is playoff caliber for sure.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can they trade for Hank Blalock? I ******* love that guy and he's a threat to hit a HR every time he's at the plate.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/p...urn=mlb,170044

This is already being discussed by the FO, trust me.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't done one of these in a while, so here ya go.

Giants prospect stats for 6/15/09 (keep in mind that if you don't see a particular prospect listed, that's because he either did nothing that day, or didn't play)

Highlights from the Giants' farm, sometimes known as the Neal and Posey show. Tonight (a) Buster Posey reached base in all four trips to the plate, and (b) Thomas Neal homered again. Co-starring in their show were (c) John Bowker, who also homered; (d) Roger Kieschnick, who had two doubles and a single; and (e) Josh Mazzola, who had three hits. Unfortunately, no pitcher was quite highlight worthy.

Star-divide

AAA: Fresno defeated Sacramento 6-5

Fresno: LF John Bowker: 2 for 4, HR
Fresno: 3B Ryan Rohlinger: 1 for 3, 2B, HBP
Sacramento: 2B Eric Patterson: 2 for 4, 3B, 2B, BB, SB, CS

Fresno: RHP Ryan Sadowski: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 4 K--1 WP
Fresno: RHP Osiris Matos: 1.0 IP, 2 K
Sacramento: RHP Jerome Williams: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 1 K--1 HR, 4 HB, 1 BK

Bowker was the only Grizzly with a multi-hit line, including his 9th HR. Rohlinger, one of three other Grizzlies to reach base twice, had his 21st double, which was the Grizzlies' other XBH. Patterson, who had 130 AB in the majors last year with the A's, had his 6th triple and 16th double to raise his AVG above .300. He now has a 26/6 SB/CS line.

After a dozen starts, Sadowski has still yet to allow more than 3 ER in a start this year. Tonight was not his best start, but he improved his W-L record to 5-2. Matos struck out two of the three batters he faced in a perfect 9th inning, raising his K/BB ratio above 3.00 for the season. Williams, the former Giant, continues to struggle to get his career back on track. After a 7.07 ERA in nine relief appearances, he made his first start of the season, yielding 6 ER against his former club that raised his ERA above 8.00.

AA: Connecticut had a scheduled off-day
(Its next scheduled off-day is June 22, the last of three consecutive Monday off-days.)

Defenders on Eastern League leaderboards in selected categories:
--Hitters:
AVG: Bond 12th, Martinez-Esteve 13th
OBP: Bond 5th
SLG: (none)
OPS: (none)
HR: (none)
BB: Bond 7th
AB: Pill 10th
SB: Bond 9th
--Pitchers:
ERA: Sosa 4th
WHIP: Sosa 11th
K: (none)
IP: (none)
BB: Foppert 6th
H: (none)
G: Paterson 11th, Otero 11th

A+: San Jose lost to Visalia 7-4

San Jose: LF Thomas Neal: 2 for 4, HR, SO
San Jose: C Buster Posey: 2 for 2, 2B, 2 BB
San Jose: RF Roger Kieschnick: 3 for 4, 2 2B, SO

San Jose: LHP Paul Oseguera: 6.1 IP, 9 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 7 K--2 HR, 1 HB
San Jose: RHP Dan Turpen: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 K--1 HR
San Jose: LHP Wilmin Rodriguez: 0.2 IP, 1 K

Neal and Posey continue to provide highlight-worthy lines on a nightly basis it seems. Tonight Neal had his 3rd HR in his last five games, his 5th HR of the month, and his 12th HR of the season. Meanwhile, Posey reached base in all four plate appearances, including his 19th double, further improving upon the .416 OBP with which he entered the night. He now has 225 AB so far this year and may have another 75 AB to log before a promotion. Kieschnick had slumped recently; but three hits tonight, including his 12th and 13th doubles, raised his season AVG back above .300 and his AVG for the month of June to .230.

In his second start for San Jose, Oseguera proved a little too hittable, allowing nine hits, including a three-run HR and a two-run HR. Turpen's ERA rose to a still impressive 1.40. Rodriguez continued his string of effective appearances. Over his last nine appearances, he has 4 H, 1 BB, 0 ER and 10 K in 10.0 IP

A-: Augusta lost to Charelston 11-4
(allowing eight runs over the final four innings)

Augusta: 1B-RF Josh Mazzola: 3 for 4
Augusta: 2B Vladimir Frias: 2 for 4, 2B

Augusta: RHP Mike Loree: 5.0+ IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 2 K--1 HB
Augusta: RHP Kyle Woodruff: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K--1 WP

Mazzola had three of the GreenJackets' nine hits, raising his AVG to .279. Frias's 4th double was the GreenJackets' only XBH, raising his SLG to an even .300 in 70 AB since his demotion to Augusta.

Loree allowed 3 ER through 5.0 IP and then failed to retire any of the three batters he facing in the 6th inning. His ERA rose to 4.33. Among the four GreenJackets' who appeared in the game, Woodruff is the only one who has an ERA of 5.75 or lower. His ERA is 2.45 after six appearances this year.

DSL: Giants lost to Red Sox 10-1

Dominican: CF Jesus Galindo: 2 for 2, 2B, 2 BB, E
Dominican: RHP Luiyin Perez: 3.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K--1 HR, 2 HB

Galindo (18.9 y.o.) reached base four times, raising his OBP to .463 through his first eleven pro games. Perez (20.2 y.o.) made his fourth relief appearance of the season. He now has a 3.65 ERA through 12.1 IP.

Much thanks to Steve S at McCovey Chronicles for the stats and write-up.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:01 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

always appreciated borat. whats the story with this thomas neal guy?
One rumor is that they will go after derek lee. sorry, no source, but I like this idea. Lee isnt going to hit a bunch of home runs at home, but no one really will. I think the cat has been out of that bag since the hr derby not so long ago. This is the same reason I like Nick Johnson. We just need a double-hitting rbi machine.
Another crappy start by Sanchez last night. He has REALLY struggled of late.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Sanchez starts make me want to rip my eyes out. So brutal to watch.

I saw Neal live a couple of weeks ago and I was shocked at his size. He looks like a linebacker or running back. He's a beast. He wasn't really on my prospect radar, but he is now. I was really impressed by him and he's been tearing the cover off the ball in high A ball. Word is that Neal will be moving up to either AA or AAA after the minor-league all-star game which both are starting in. It's already been reported that Posey is going straight to AAA after he reaches 300 ABs.

Other thoughts on some of the San Jose Giants I saw:

Angel Villalona- This kid will be real good. He's so young and yet he's holding his own (again) this year. He really improved as the season went on last year at Low A and this year he's been hitting for power and average which I didn't expect from him at High A.

Nick Noonan - I was disappointed in him. His swing looked real loopy and he just seemed very meh. I had high hopes for him and there is still plenty of time, but I'm a little skeptical right now.

Conor Gillaspie - Has a great approach, but very little power. The comps to Bill Mueller are right on the money. He looks just like him at the plate.

Buster Posey - Stud. If he gets the promotion to AAA after his 300 abs in High A, he could be in SF by June of 2010, which will hold back his arbitration clock (same thing the Orioles did with Matt Wieters).

Roger Kieschnick - Good power and solid swing. K's a lot though. Kind of reminded me of a Mike Jacobs type player that can drive the ball with power, but you have to live with a lot of non-contact as well. He needs more seasoning, but the potential is there. I was actually pleasantly surprised with him.

I was bummed that Madison Bumgarner and Tim Alderson got promoted to AA before I got to see them. I was soooooo hoping to see those kids throw in person. But they were definitely too good for High A ball.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Another badass start for Tim Alderson, check it out!

Giants prospect stats for 6/15/09 (keep in mind that if you don't see a particular prospect listed, that's because he either did nothing that day, or didn't play)

The top highlight on the Giants' farm yesterday was (a) Tim Alderson allowing just four baserunners in 7.0 shutout IP. Other highlights include (b) Garrett Broshuis also facing just four batters over the minimum in his 7.0 shutout IP, (c,d) Kevin Frandsen and Tyler Graham both homering while reaching base three times, (e) Kyle Nicholson allowing just 1 ER in 7.0 IP, and (f) Vladimir Frias reaching base in all four plate appearances.

AAA: Fresno lost to Sacramento 8-7 (10 innings)
(with both teams scoring in the 8th and 9th innings)

Fresno: 2B Kevin Frandsen: 2 for 4, HR, BB
Fresno: LF John Bowker: 1 for 4, HR, BB
Fresno: DH Joe Borchard: 2 for 4, HR, BB, SO
Sacramento: RF Travis Buck: 3 for 4, 2B, BB, SO

Fresno: RHP Ramon Ortiz: 5.0 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K--1 HR
Fresno: LHP Alex Hinshaw: 0.2 IP
Sacramento: RHP Henry Rodriguez: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 2 BB, 4 K

Three different Grizzlies homered--Bowker for his 10th HR, Frandsen for his 6th HR, and Borchard for his 5th HR. They also each drew a walk. Frandsen and Borchard also had the Grizzlies' only two multi-hit lines, as they improved their AVGs to .333 and .263. The A's' Buck, playing his sixth PCL game this year, had three hits and a walk. He has a .478 OBP with Sacramento after just a .301 OBP in 85 in the majors previously this year.

In his third start, Ortiz allowed a season-high 8 H. He also allowed 3 ER, but his ERA remains under 3.00. Hinshaw retired both batters he faced in the 10th inning but did allow an inherited runner to score the decisive run when the first batter had a sac fly. Rodriguez, whom BA ranked as the A's' #14 prospect to begin the year, made his tenth appearance of the season. So far he has impressive peripheral stats, with the strikeout rate in particular, with 11 H, 8 BB, and 30 K in 16.2 IP.

AA: Connecticut defeated Trenton 4-0
(after adding three insurance runs in the 8th inning)

Connecticut: 2B Brock Bond: 2 for 4
Connecticut: 1B Brett Pill: 3 for 4
Connecticut: RF Mike Mooney: 2 for 4, 2 SO, SB

Connecticut: RHP Tim Alderson: 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
Connecticut: LHP Ben Snyder: 2.0 IP, 2 BB
Trenton: RHP Zach McAllister: 7.1 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 8 K

Pill continues to swing a hot bat, although this was his first multi-hit line in ten days. He has an AVG above .320 since the start of May. His OPS for the season remains just under .800. Bond and Mooney also had multi-hit lines, improving their AVGs to .303 and .239.

Alderson had perhaps his best start since his upper minors debut when he did not allow a hit in 6.2 IP. This was the second time in seven starts for the Defenders that he has pitched at least seven full innings. The 2 BB did double his total as a Defender. Since joining Connecticut, his stat line now reads 34 H, 4 BB, and 34 K in 39.2 IP with a 1.82 ERA. In relief, Snyder finished the shutout facing just one batter over the minimum in two innings. He allowed a couple walks but got his ERA back below 2.00. McAllister, whom BA ranked as the Yankees' #6 prospect, had a fine start, allowing just one run through seven innings. Even with three runs in the 8th inning, his ERA remains just 1.81. The 21-year-old now has 63 H, 20 BB, and 57 K in 74.2 IP over his dozen starts.

A+: San Jose defeated Visalia 7-0

San Jose: DH Tyler Graham: 2 for 4, HR, BB, 2 SO, CS
San Jose: LF Thomas Neal: 3 for 5
San Jose: C Buster Posey: 2 for 4, BB, SB
San Jose: RF Roger Kieschnick: 1 for 4, HR
San Jose: 1B David Maroul: 3 for 4, 2 2B

San Jose: RHP Garrett Broshuis: 7.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K--1 HB
San Jose: LHP Dan Runzler: 1.0 IP, 1 K
San Jose: RHP Steven Edlefsen: 1.0 IP, 1 BB, 2 K

Graham led off the bottom of the 1st inning with his 5th HR. In the 6th inning, Kieschnick added his 10th HR. In the continuing "Neal and Posey show," they both reached base three times. Neal and Maroul each had three hits, accounting for half of the Giants' dozen hits and raising their respective AVGs to .352 and .286.

Broshuis had his four straight start pitching at least six full innings but his first start without allowing an earned run. In his six starts, he now 31 H, 8 BB and 21 K in 36.0 IP with a 3.00 ERA. Runzler and Edlefsen completed the shutout striking out three of the eight batters they faced.

A-: Augusta defeated Charleston 3-2
(scoring a run in the bottom of the 9th inning)

Augusta: CF Dom Duggan: 3 for 5, 3B, SO
Augusta: 2B Vladimir Frias: 3 for 3, 3B, BB, E

Augusta: RHP Kyle Nicholson: 7.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
Augusta: RHP Edwin Quirarte: 1.0 IP, 1 BB, 1 K
Charleston: BHP Pat Venditte: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 K

Duggan and Frias each had three hits, including Duggan's 4th triple and Frias's 2nd triple. They accounted for half of the GreenJackets' dozen hits, but both still have AVGs below .250.

Nicholson made another extended start. He had pitched at least seven full innings in eight of his last nine starts. With just 4 H in 7.0 IP in each of his two starts, his H/IP ratio is now below 1.00 (BAA of .261). Quirarte pitched a scoreless 9th inning in his third SAL appearance. Venditte has become somewhat infamous for his ability to pitch with either arm. He's had such a good season that he was named to the SAL all-star game. He suffered his second loss of the season last night, but his ERA remains below 1.00.

DSL: Giants defeated Royals 5-1

Dominican: LF Eduardo Lopez: 1 for 3, 2B, BB
Dominican: RHP Miguel Ferrer: 7.0 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 10 K

Batting cleanup, Lopez (18.3 y.o.) had his first XBH in nearly two weeks. In his first pro season, he is hitting .183/.300/.267 through his first 60 AB. Making his third start of the season, Ferrer (18.10 y.o.) had an outstanding start. He now has 13 H, 0 BB, 4 ER, and 16 K in 17.0 IP.

Last edited by Borat : 06-17-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Downs was brought up to be the every day 2nd baseman. We'll see how that turns out. I dont care who does well, I just want someone to succeed in that spot.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

How I miss the days of Robby Thompson at second base.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
How I miss the days of Robby Thompson at second base.
dont even remind me... Trevor Hoffman tried to kill him and I am sticking to that story

Old 06-18-2009, 09:34 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Robby never was the same after that, not to mention it cut the great season he was having in 93 short.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Zito looked great today

Old 06-25-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd best record in the NL baby!!!!!!!
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Giants prospect stats for 6/25/09 (keep in mind that if you don't see a particular prospect listed, that's because he either did nothing that day, or didn't play)

Highlights from the Giants' farm: It was a good night for starting pitchers with each of the four full-season affiliates: (a) Madison Bumgarner allowed 1 ER in 8.0 IP; (b) Kevin Pucetas allowed 1 ER in 7.0+ IP; (c) Craig Clark allowed 1 ER in 6.0 IP; and (d) Kyle Nicholson allowed 2 ER in 7.1 IP. There were several highlight-worthy hitting performances too: (e) Eugenio Velez had 3 XBH; (f) Roger Kieschnich had his 13th HR while reaching base three times; and (g) Josh Mazzola homered twice.

AAA: Fresno defeated Salt Lake 5-2

Fresno: 2B Emmanuel Burriss: 2 for 4, SF, SB
Fresno: LF John Bowker: 0 for 2, 3 BB, SO
Fresno: DH Joe Borchard: 2 for 5, 2B, SO
Fresno: CF Eugenio Velez: 3 for 4, 3B, 2 2B

Fresno: RHP Kevin Pucetas: 7.0+ IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Frenso: LHP Alex Hinshaw: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 BB

Velez had three XBH, improving upon the .364 SLG with which he entered the game. Burriss and Borchard also had multi-hit lines, while Bowker walked three times. Bowker is now hitting .354/.453/.613 through 240 AB.

Pucetas had seven shutout inning before allowing a run in the 8th inning. He now has a 3.41 ERA after fifteen starts. He threw 65 of 97 pitches for strikes, while Hinshaw threw just 6 of 13 pitches for strikes.

AA: Connecticut defeated Portland 7-2

Connecticut: LF Bobby Felmy: 2 for 4, 2B, BB
Connecticut: 1B Brett Pill: 2 for 4, 2 2B, BB
Connecticut: SS Brandon Crawford: 2 for 4, 2B, SO

Connecticut: LHP Madison Bumgarner: 8.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K--1 PO

Felmy, Pill, and Crawford each had two hits, and they combined for four of the Defenders' seven doubles in this game. Pill now has 23 doubles this season.

Bumgarner's thirteenth start of the year was his longest start so far. In eight innings, he faced just three batters over the minimum. He allowed a run in the 1st inning, but then never more than one baserunner in an inning after that. For the season, his peripheral stats are now 55 H, 16 BB, and 61 K in 70.1 IP.

A+: San Jose defeated Stockton 3-2

San Jose: DH Roger Kieshnick: 2 for 3, HR, BB, IBB, SB
San Jose: 1B Angel Villalona: 0 for 4, 3 SO
San Jose: 3B Conor Gillaspie: 2 for 4, 2 2B, SO
Stockton: 2B Jemile Weeks: 1 for 4, HR, 2 SO
Stoctkon: CF Grant Desme: 1 for 3, HR, SO

San Jose: RHP Joe Martinez: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K--1 HR
San Jose: LHP Craig Clark: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 K--1 HR
Stoctkon: RHP Tyson Ross: 6.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K--1 HR

Kieschnick and and Gillaspie each had two of the Giants' five hits, including Kieschnick's 13th HR and Gillaspie's 12th and 13th doubles. Gillaspie entered the night hitting .295/.436/.377 this month in 61 AB. Villalona has been overly prone to striking out recently. In his last ten games, he has struck out in nearly half his plate appearances with 10 H, 0 BB, and 18 SO in 41 AB. For the A's' affiliate, Weeks, the 12th overall pick a year ago, had his 7th HR; and Desme, the A's' second round pick two years ago, homered in his Cal League debut.

Facing just one batter over the minimum in three innings, Martinez struck out five of the ten batters he faced in his second rehab appearance. Clark picked up with the "start" in the 4th inning. With 8 K in 6.0 IP, he kept his K/IP ratio comfortably above 1.00. Ross entered the season considered the top prospect on the Stockton roster, but he has an ERA over 4.50 after thirteen starts.

A-: Augusta defeated Rome 7-6 (11 innings)

Augusta: 3B Charlie Culberson: 3 for 5, HBP, SO, CS, E
Augusta: 1B Josh Mazzola: 2 for 5, 2 HR, SO
Augusta: C Johnny Monell: 2 for 4, HR

Augusta: RHP Kyle Nicholson: 7.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
Augusta: RHP Edwin Quirarte: 0.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K--1 IBB, 1 HB
Augusta: RHP Shane Kaufman: 1.0 IP, 2 K

Culberson paced the GreenJackets with three of their dozen hits, but his AVG remains just below .250. He also committed his 23rd error. Mazzola had his 6th and 7 HRs, while Monell had his 2nd HR--all three of them two-run homers.

Nicholson allowed just two runs through seven innings, before he and Quirarte combined to allowed four runs in the 8th inning. An innings-eater, Nicholson has pitched at least seven innings in nine of his last ten starts. Quirarte retired just two of the seven batters he faced. After striking out two batters in a perfect 11th inning, Kaufman, the Giants' 28th round pick a year ago, has pitched very well this month with 7 H, 2 BB, 2 R, and 12 K in 11.0 IP. His season ERA is now below 5.00.

ssA: Salem-Keizer lost to Boise 5-4
(allowing two runs in both the 8th and 9th innings)

Salem-Keizer: SS John Eshelman: 2 for 3, 2B, BB

Salem-Keizer: RHP Orlando Yntema: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K

Eshelman, the 20-year-old whom the Giants selected in the 11th round this year out of a junior college, reached base three times in his second pro game.

Yntema, who started the season-opener for the Volcanoes five days ago, made his second start of the season, pitching six solid innings.

R: Giants lost to Angels 5-3

Scottsdale: C Jesus Navarro: 2 for 3, SO

Scottsdale: RHP Andrew Romo: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
Scottsdale: LHP Steven Calicutt: 1.2 IP, 2 K

Navarro, who hit .303 in 76 AB a year ago in the AZL, had two of the rookie Giants' five hits.

Romo, the 20-year-old younger brother of Sergio, got the start in his pro debut. The Giants signed him earlier this month after he was playing in the independent Golden Baseball League. Calicutt, who missed a year following injury (Tommy John?) made his second appearance, striking out two in 1.2 perfect IP.

DSL: Giants lost to Yankees1 15-6

Dominican: CF Robedluis Fuentes: 3 for 5, 2B, CS
Dominican: LHP Keurin Feliz: 4.2 IP, 8 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 0 BB, 3 K--3 HR, 1 WP

After three hits today, Fuentes (20.9 y.o.) is hitting .254/.373/.317 through his first 63 AB this year. Feliz (18.10 y.o.) has now allowed 15 ER in his past two starts to balloon his ERA over 8.00.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Sadowski looked great and kept the series from getting too ugly.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, it was a very young squad out there yesterday who got the job done. Very promising.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 06-30-2009, 04:21 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

He threw a 95 pitch complete game shutout.
Who is Mr. Tim Lincecum?

To think we could have alex rios instead of him
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Giants prospect stats for 6/30/09 (keep in mind that if you don't see a particular prospect listed, that's because he either did nothing that day, or didn't play)

The daily highlight: (a) John Bowker homered while reaching base four times for the second straight day. Now to other highlights from the Giants' farm: (b) Pucetas did not allow an earned run in 7.0 IP; (c) Brett Pill had a triple, double and single; (d) Henry Sosa did not allow a run in his start; (e) Thomas Neal has three XBHs; and (f) Andrew Biery reached base in all five plate appearances.

AAA: Fresno defeated Salt Lake 4-1

Fresno: LF John Bowker: 2 for 4, HR, 2 BB, CS
Fresno: DH Joe Borchard: 2 for 4, 3B
Salt Lake: 1B Brandon Wood: 1 for 2, 2B, BB

Fresno: RHP Kevin Pucetas: 7.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Fresno: RHP Ronnie Ray: 1.0 IP, 2 K

Another big game for Bowker. For the second night in a row, he homered while reaching base in all four plate appearances. He finished June hitting .392/.479/.843 in 102 AB this month. Borchard, the other other Grizzly to reach base twice, had two hits to raise his AVG back above .250. For the Angels' affiliate, Wood's double and walk accounted for two of their five baserunners.

Pucetas had another fine start, improving his ERA to 3.17. Tonight he had a 12/6 GO/FO line, but his GO/AO ratio for the season is not much above 1.00. He's enjoyed a lot of success considering how many fly ball outs he gets (as opposed to strikeouts or groundball outs). Ray had his third straight game with multiple strikeouts.

AA: Connecticut lost to Harrisburg 4-3

Connecticut: 2B Brock Bond: 2 for 4, 2B
Connecticut: 1B Brett Pill: 3 for 4, 3B, 2B

Connecticut: RHP Henry Sosa: 5.1 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K--1 HB
Connecticut: RHP Dan Griffin: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB--1 HR, 1 HB

With multi-hit lines in seven of his last eight games, Pill finished June on a tear. Tonight's line included his 1st triple and 25th double, raising his SLG to .498. A year ago in the more hitter-friendly Cal League, his SLG was just .395. Bond was the other Defender to reach base twice. Both Bond and Pill hit close to .370 in June.

Sosa pitched at least five full innings once again, something he accomplished in all ten of his starts in May and June, although he has yet to pitch into the 7th inning this year. In May and June, he combined for 46 H, 20 BB, and 31 K in 55.1 IP with a 2.11 ERA. After a 5/8 GO/FO line tonight, his GO/AO ratio for the year is just 0.59. Like Pucetas, he has a very good ERA despite getting a high proportion of his outs as fly balls. Griffin retired just one of the five batters he faced before being ejected in the 6th inning. His peripheral stats are generally pretty good, but his ERA is 5.80.

A+: San Jose defeated Modesto 13-1

San Jose: SS Brian Bocock: 2 for 4, 2B, BB, SO
San Jose: LF Thomas Neal: 3 for 5, 3B, 2 2B, SO
San Jose: 1B Angel Villalona: 3 for 5
San Jose: CF Darren Ford: 3 for 4, 3B

San Jose: RHP Joe Martinez: 4.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K

Neal had a huge game with his 3rd triple and 21st and 22nd doubles, raising his SLG to .612. Villalona and Ford also had three hits each, improving their AVGs to .275 and .217. Bocock was a fourth Giant to reach base three times.

Pitching on four days rest, Martinez made his third and longest rehab appearance. In his three rehab starts, he has 7 H, 2 BB, 5 R and 8 K in 10.0 IP.

A-: Augusta defeated Lexington 7-2

Augusta: CF Dom Duggan: 2 for 4, 2B, HBP, SB
Augusta: LF Wendell Fairley: 2 for 3, BB, SO

Augusta: RHP Eric Stolp: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
Augusta: RHP Edwin Quirarte: 1.0 IP
Lexington: RHP Ross Seaton: 5.1 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K--1 HB, 2 WP

Duggan and Fairley both reached base three times, although both still have AVGs appreciably below .250.

Stolp made his first start in twelve days, the result of being the last starter in the GreenJackets' rotation scheduled around the all-star break. Quirarte pitched a perfect 9th inning. On the first day of June, the Astros' Season pitched a complete-game, three-hit shutout against the GreenJackets. This time he did not fare quite as well.

ssA: Salem-Keizer defeated Vancouver 8-4

Salem-Keizer: 3B Andrew Biery: 3 for 3, BB, HBP
Salem-Keizer: DH Ryan Mantle: 0 for 5, SO

Salem-Keizer: RHP Orlando Yntema: 5.2 IP, 6 H, 2 R,1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
Salem-Keizer: RHP Jose Casilla: 1.0 IP, 2 K

Biery (22nd rounder) reached base in all five of his plate appearances. After going hitless in his first three pro games, he now has a six-game hitting streak to raise his AVG to .367 through 30 AB. After tonight's oh-fer, Mantle, a late round draftee a year ago, is now just 1 for 17 to start this season.

Yntema made his second straight start allowing just 1 ER. The 20-year-old Casilla, who was limited to just eight appearances (five starts) last year has yet to allow a baserunner in his five appearances this year.

R: Giants at Angels suspended after three innings due to a power problem

Scottsdale: CF Evan Crawford: 2 for 2, SB

Scottsdale: RHP Bryan Salsbury: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K--1 WP

Batting leadoff in his second pro game, Crawford (9th rounder) had two of the rookie Giants' three base hits. He also had his 1st pro steal.

In his first pro start after two relief appearances, Salsbury (14th rounder) faced just one batter over the minimum.

DSL: Giants lost to Blue Jays 5-4 (10 innings)

Dominican: C Rey Duran: 2 for 5, SO
Dominican: LHP Ebert Fernandez: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 2 K--1 WP

Duran (19.11 y.o.) had the Gigantes' only multi-hit line, leaving his AVG just a few points shy of .300. Fernandez (18.8 y.o.) has a 4.39 ERA after four starts.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Second best record in the NL, 6th in the entire MLB.

Not too shabby.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Yeah, especially considering the biggest bat we have is Sandoval.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Second best record in the NL, 6th in the entire MLB.

Not too shabby.
Pitching is what is doing the trick this year.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Yeah, especially considering the biggest bat we have is Sandoval.
You say that like it's a bad thing. Sandoval would be the best hitter on a number of teams.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing. Sandoval would be the best hitter on a number of teams.
Please name them.

I love Kung Fu Panda, and I think he has a Tony Gwynn-type ceiling but he is still a rookie. He needs some protection in the lineup as he has quickly made a name for himself and teams are starting to pitch around him more. The Giants need another big bat (or two) to help drive in runs. The pitching is keeping them in every game.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Ugh... I feel like every time I watch the Giants, I see a game where they lose.