Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-26-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CCB, I be in Baltimore on Saturdayzzz for the gamezz! Missing the big debut by one day!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
CCB, I be in Baltimore on Saturdayzzz for the gamezz! Missing the big debut by one day!
I'll be there Saturday as well! I had tickets for Saturday already but I wanted to be there for the Debut so I bought Friday tickets as well! I am pretty much a Matt Wieters groupy.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I'll be there Saturday as well! I had tickets for Saturday already but I wanted to be there for the Debut so I bought Friday tickets as well! I am pretty much a Matt Wieters groupy.
It's Chick Fil A Orioles plush cow day! :O

Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for letting me know you were getting tickets CCB. Weren't we just talking about getting tickets to his first game?
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so has the deadline passed? the one that prevented Wieters from starting with the O's in spring?

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Thanks for letting me know you were getting tickets CCB. Weren't we just talking about getting tickets to his first game?
Yeah but we got $50 dollar tickets and I didn't think you'd wanna pay that
Old 05-26-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but we got $50 dollar tickets and I didn't think you'd wanna pay that
Yea you are right. **** you and your $50 tickets
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 05-29-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

today is the day!!!

wieters is going to go 5 - 5 with 5 homeruns and 15 rbi's

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
today is the day!!!

wieters is going to go 5 - 5 with 5 homeruns and 15 rbi's

He's going to throw out two guys on a double steal attempt and pitch a 9 pitch, 3 K, 9th inning for the save!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
[b]He's going to throw out two guys on a double steal attempt[b] and pitch a 9 pitch, 3 K, 9th inning for the save!
this would be EPIC

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luke Scott is hot hot hot

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:29 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I was at Matt Wieters first game Friday and got to see his first hit live in person last night. The atmosphere at OPACY was crazy both games (though there were a decent amount of Tigers fans there tonight) but you could just feel it in the air that you were witnessing something special. Hopefully Wieters lives up to his hype and I can tell my grandchildren about these past two games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Luke Scott is hot hot hot
He hit another HR tonight, hopefully his hot streak does not only pertain to the Detroit Tigers.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:06 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Went to the game last night and CCB is right. Since Cal days I've never seen the place this pumped. Matt Wieters tripzzz for the win

Old 05-31-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

CCB where'd you sit? I was roarin' from 34

Old 07-09-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has everybody given up on Billy Rowell?
Old 07-10-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Yes, I have. Bust and a half

Old 07-10-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea he is, but I am staying optimistic. Hopefully he turns around
Old 07-17-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

what is everyones opinion on how Weiters has done so far?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well im going to revive this thread...

tillman had a decent outing last night, gotta love the fact he wasn't walking guys after he got tagged for a HR, ala hayden penn

weiters, to answer ravens1991, has really been playing well... he has had several good swings and his defense is getting better and better

bergy - hopefully he is okay after that line drive off his knee.. he has been one of the few bright spots on the team this year

sherrill - we traded him for josh bell and steve johnson, bell looks as though he will be our 3b of the future... possibly as early as next year, johnson has been graded as a middle relief pitcher / spot starter kinda guy... im sad to see ol flat breezy go but if bell pans out then im okay with it

so far bedard has gotten us - jones, tillman, kam mik, butler and now josh bell and stevey johnson... not a bad hull for a guy on the DL again...

2010 is looking like a possible contention year...my projected rotation and starting positions / lineup as of now...

bergy
tillman
hernandez
guthrie
berken / koji / FA... matusz in the 2nd half

2b - Roberts
ss- izzy
cf - jones
rf - markakis
lf - reimold
c - weiters
dh - scott
3b - bell / wiggy
1b - ???? brandon snyder??? maybe we extend huff... but its not looking good there

after writing the lineup itll be interesting to see what happens... i like adam jones hitting #2 but with his power i think hes gotta be hitting 3 with markakis protecting

we dont have a true #2 hitter... i kind of like reimold in that aspect for right now.. if he can continue to have the plate disciple he has now possibly but it would be nice to have a guy hitting #2 that can steal bases, advanced the runners and BUNT (not izzy's cup of tea as of late)

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

how long did we have Sherrill signed for again? But I like the idea of getting Bell and I think the pitching prospect can be a nice bullpen guy
Old 07-30-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
how long did we have Sherrill signed for again? But I like the idea of getting Bell and I think the pitching prospect can be a nice bullpen guy
Man screw your god damn avatar and I think we had him until 2011
John Wall
Old 07-30-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea my uncle didnt like the trade and his reasoning was because we had him signed til 2011. but then he called me back and said he heard we had Sherrill til 2009 so now the trade makes more sense.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I posted this in the MLB thread but it belongs in here as well:

There are rumors floating around that the Orioles may bring up Brian Matusz to take Brad Bergesens spot in the rotation while he is on the DL. There seems to be an internal battle over who to bring up. My guess is one side wants to bring up a stop gap (David Pauley, Chris Waters) and the other wants to bring up the stud prospect who is dominating AA Brian Matusz(7-0, 1.59 era 0.88 WHIP)

I personally would be for a Matusz call up, at this point he is a far more advanced player than Porcello was when Detroit decided to put him in the rotation at the beginning of the year. In a wasted season give him the 2 starts while Bergy is on the DL and if he fails miserably chalk it up as experience and send him down to AAA so he can begin his domination there. We wouldn't be wasting an option since we already used one of his options when we signed him to a ML deal.

If Matusz comes up and holds his own when Bergesen comes off the DL we could be looking at this rotation:

1. Bergesen
2. Guthrie
3. Hernandez
4. Tillman
5. Matusz

Those pitchers (minus Guthrie) plan to be long term fixtures in our rotation, with the possibility of Hernandez eventually moving to the bullpen. This gives Orioles fans something to be excited about and developing these players at the ML level could really give the O's a boost towards being respectable, and eventually a winning ball club in the somewhat near future.

With all this said I doubt Matusz gets called up because Andy Mac has been preaching patience with these young guys, he doesn't want to rush them and stunt their growth, so I really don't see him leapfrogging Matusz from AA to the Majors. I am pretty sure Chris Waters will get the call up or we will take Brian Bass out of the BP and give him a few spot starts. But it's fun to think about the possibilities
Old 08-01-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
well im going to revive this thread...

tillman had a decent outing last night, gotta love the fact he wasn't walking guys after he got tagged for a HR, ala hayden penn

weiters, to answer ravens1991, has really been playing well... he has had several good swings and his defense is getting better and better

bergy - hopefully he is okay after that line drive off his knee.. he has been one of the few bright spots on the team this year

sherrill - we traded him for josh bell and steve johnson, bell looks as though he will be our 3b of the future... possibly as early as next year, johnson has been graded as a middle relief pitcher / spot starter kinda guy... im sad to see ol flat breezy go but if bell pans out then im okay with it

so far bedard has gotten us - jones, tillman, kam mik, butler and now josh bell and stevey johnson... not a bad hull for a guy on the DL again...

2010 is looking like a possible contention year...my projected rotation and starting positions / lineup as of now...

bergy
tillman
hernandez
guthrie
berken / koji / FA... matusz in the 2nd half

2b - Roberts
ss- izzy
cf - jones
rf - markakis
lf - reimold
c - weiters
dh - scott
3b - bell / wiggy
1b - ???? brandon snyder??? maybe we extend huff... but its not looking good there

after writing the lineup itll be interesting to see what happens... i like adam jones hitting #2 but with his power i think hes gotta be hitting 3 with markakis protecting

we dont have a true #2 hitter... i kind of like reimold in that aspect for right now.. if he can continue to have the plate disciple he has now possibly but it would be nice to have a guy hitting #2 that can steal bases, advanced the runners and BUNT (not izzy's cup of tea as of late)
Just a few things:

I doubt Bell starts out next year at 3B, I see him as a mid season call up, same with Snyder. The club views Snyder as the future 1b and at this point I think he will be up before Bell. Though Snyder isn't your classic masher at 1B he has improved so much over the past year or two, but he is having a rough time at AAA at the moment.

Aubrey Huff is a type A free agent so I am hoping to get those two 1st round draft picks for him. If this happens we should use Wigginton as the place holder at 3B and throw Luke Scott a 1B mitt to replace Huff.

I don't see 2010 as a contention year, I think it will be our first respectable year though, I think we will hover around the .500 mark if all goes well.

This is the line up I'd like to see:

2B: Brian Roberts
DH: Nolan Reimold
CF: Adam Jones
RF: Nick Markakis
1B: Luke Scott
C: Matt Wieters
3B: Wiggy Wiggy
LF: Felix Pie (GIVE HIM SOME DAMN AB's)
SS: Cesar Izturis

Then a midseason call up of Bell and Snyder would move Wigginton to being the Utility man with Scott platooning at DH/LF/1B. This would also move Pie into the 4th OF role and Reimold back to starting LF.

I also realize Nicky doesn't profile as your classic clean up hitter but he really thrives in that spot in the line up. In reality Reimold and Markakis should be flipped, and it could quite possibly end up that way but for right now I like them in the spots I have them in.

Rotation I'd like to see:

1. Bergesen
2. Guthrie
3. Tillman
4. Matusz
5. Hernandez

I'd like to try and trade Guth if possible, he is so damn frustrating with those home runs. I'd like to see him bumped for Arieta though some say Arieta may be better fit for a closer role. If not Arrieta I'd like to see Patton come up and add another Lefty to the rotation. We also have other high potential guys in the minors in Zach Britton, Brandon Erbe, and Matt Hobgood amongst others.

This team is getting better, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, the young guys make this team watchable, you are witnessing the development of the future of orioles baseball.

Last edited by ccB : 08-01-2009 at 02:43 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree I basically wrote of Pie but he is improving, he has amazing talent I hope we still give him time.

and I say we keep Matsuz in the minors until next year.

Overall I am excited, the young talent should have Baltimore excited.