Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2009, 06:52 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Offensive and Defensive rankings of AFC NOrth....

As done by BaltimoreRavens.com, I'll put what they ranked em then what I think about it.

Starting out with the offenses....

#1. Pittsburgh Steelers - I'll agree with this as the Steelers offense just finds a way to stayaround in games and come up with the play when they need it.

#2. Baltimore Ravens - I'm gonna disagree here, I think we are 3rd in the division as Flacco needs to prove he wasn't a 1 year wonder and our running gam will suffer due to the loss of Lorenzo Neal at FB. And we still don't have a WR that teams fear.

#3. Cincinnati Bengals - In my opinion this unit could end up being the #1 unit by the end of this season. The OL will be the deciding factor for them, if they keep Carson Palmer upright then he will pick defenses apart with Ocho, Lavcoles, and Pothead just torching teams. The running game wont be lethal but it will keep defenses honest.

#4. Cleveland Browns - They are the worst offense in this division, Jamal looks to have completely just broken down from the years of pounding he took in Baltimore. Braylon Edwards has a bad case of the drops, while Robiskie could end up eventually being a great WR I think he is still a couple of years away from that. One guy that they got in the draft that IMO will be a big time threat eventually is Mohammed Massaquoi or however you spell it. The OL should be better this year. However there isn't a good quality starting QB on this team, and I don't believe Brady Quinn will ever be a quality starting QB in the NFL. The Browns offense will be good when the young WRs come around and James Davis gets going, and they find an actual QB.

Now onto the defenses.....

#1. Baltimore Ravens - To me the Ravens and Steelers defenses are pretty interchangable as 1a and 1b. I'm thinking BR.com went a little homerish here though actually putting the Ravens at 1 while the Steelers just won a Super Bowl. HOWEVER we did get much younger and IMOP better in the secondary, and at LB (Gooden better and younger than Bart Scott). We have to find a way to get to the QB on a more consistent basis. One nice thing would be if refs actually called holding on the offensive lineman that consistently hold Trevor Pryce every play of every game. Not tryin to start an argument but go back and watch the 3 Steelers games last year, every single pass play Trevor Pryce is being blatantly held by the Steelers OL and it isn't getting called. And I watch every single home gam,e from the stands and my eyes are always on Trevor Pryce and watching every OL hold him on every play and no call, it's ridiculous!!

#2. Pittsburgh Steelers - Basically as I said Steelers/Ravens D are the best in the NFL IMO and are basically interchangable at 1 or 2. Personally if I was ranking these teams, I'd have the Steelers at 1, because as long as they have the ring then they stay at 1 until they are knocked off. I have concerns about this team, in the secondary with the loss of McFadden, and at ILB with the loss of Foote though I know Timmons is there he is an unproven commodity.

#3. Cincinnati Bengals - This is a defense that as a fan of football I'm excited about their future but as a Ravens fan I'm not so happy about. A defense featuring Rey Maualuga, Michael Johnson, Keith Rivers, Domata Peko, Chinedum Ndukwe is a defense that could be very scary for many years to come. I think this year they'll be in the 11-15 ranked range in the NFL but you'll begin to see them become a top defense towards the end of this year and then keep that going next year.

#4. Cleveland Browns - This to me is gonna be the most underrated defense in this division for 1 reason.......They'll be a very good defense, until the offense consistently puts them in bad situations and they get worn down. They'll have another bad year in NFL rankings but it wont be because they dont have talent or ability to play as a great unit. It will be because of constant 3 and outs and bad turnovers by the Browns O.

BR.com's rankings and my opinions of these unit's individually.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote