Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to make a good protein shake/weight gainer anyone got any ideas.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I need to make a good protein shake/weight gainer anyone got any ideas.
This:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/un...thread-430362/

Anything the guy named MadMick posted is gold......guy is a nutrition genius. I think he is a doctor or something.

This one sounds freaking awesome if you are bulking hardcore:

Fudgeboy [Weight Gain] (Madmick)
12 oz. Whole Milk
Ice (as desired)
2 Scoops Muscle Milk*
2 large Eggs
2 tbsp Peanut Butter
1 tbsp Udo's Choice Oil Blend (or Flax Oil)
1 tbsp Greens+
1 tbsp Psyllium Husk Powder
5g Creatine Monohydrate or 2g CEE
*Recommended Flavors: Chocolate, Chocolate Milk, Chocolate Banana Crisp, Chocolate Caramel Pecan Crunch, Peanut Chocolate, Rocky Road
Calories: 1100 / Carbs: 38g / Protein: 60g / Fat: 65g

Chocolate MM + Peanut Butter + Whole Milk = Epic Win

Last edited by Rob S : 07-15-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How I love/hate sherdog. It seems like the only place where you can get a intelligent discussion is at the strength/power sub forum and the dieting one
Old 07-15-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
How I love/hate sherdog. It seems like the only place where you can get a intelligent discussion is at the strength/power sub forum and the dieting one
Those are the only places I go. D&S and S&P are amazing tho. So many smart guys, lots of brilliant posters. The FAQs are gold as well.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree I just surf there so I dont have to check various other sites for articles, I know some white belt will post the article 10 seconds after it comes out.

Now back to working out

for plyometric box jumps how should I do them? should I just do a ton until I stop or should I do like a X amount of sets w/ a X amount of reps?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree I just surf there so I dont have to check various other sites for articles, I know some white belt will post the article 10 seconds after it comes out.

Now back to working out

for plyometric box jumps how should I do them? should I just do a ton until I stop or should I do like a X amount of sets w/ a X amount of reps?
When I did them, I'd do 5 sets of 20-25. They tire you the **** out.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

Now back to working out

I dont know your cardio level, but I would think maybe 5 sets of 15-20 should be good. Make sure the box is decently high tho. Funny story actually: I saw some jackass doing weighted box jumps on one of those aerobic step up things, it wasnt for cardio either because he was doing sets of like 10. Granted he had a booster or something, but it was 1.5 feet at the absolute highest. I just laughed, dont want to waste my time telling him what he is doing is useless.

Also had someone tell me I am squatting too low and that I am going to hurt my knees. I get that a lot. I just correct them and proceed to blow away their quarter squats with my ATG style.

Last edited by Rob S : 07-15-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

thank you I will do that when I do legs tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I dont know your cardio level, but I would think maybe 5 sets of 15-20 should be good. Make sure the box is decently high tho. Funny story actually: I saw some jackass doing weighted box jumps on one of those aerobic step up things, it wasnt for cardio either because he was doing sets of like 10. Granted he had a booster or something, but it was 1.5 feet at the absolute highest. I just laughed, dont want to waste my time telling him what he is doing is useless.

Also had someone tell me I am squatting too low and that I am going to hurt my knees. I get that a lot. I just correct them and proceed to blow away their quarter squats with my ATG style.
I get that a lot too, especially with my wieght, but as long as you got the right form, you're set...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Its actually safer on the knees to go past parallel than it is to go parallel.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its actually safer on the knees to go past parallel than it is to go parallel.
Exactly, when you stop parallel, you have the most outward pressure on your knees, when you go past (or stop before, but thats weak, lol) the pressure is more vertical and going through your legs...

Old 07-16-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Exactly, when you stop parallel, you have the most outward pressure on your knees, when you go past (or stop before, but thats weak, lol) the pressure is more vertical and going through your legs...
I see this happen way too much. People load up the weight than they don't even go near parallel. It pains me to see. And when you tell these people they need to go lower, they just claim they went low enough so they can be satisfied with their lift. I guess it just comes back to the whole thing where you need to learn to do the lift properly before you start stacking on the weight.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I always stop above parralell it is a hard habit for me to break. I got real stiff hamstrings and knee tendonitis. So I usually stay away from squats. At the gym I go to there is this machine where you are laying back at a angle and then you squat I do that all the time.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

eh......you gotta squat. Just do it. Stretch, lower the weights, do whatever you need to to perform actual squats that at the very least hit parallel. Unless a doctor advises against it it is pretty much a necessity.

Actually, I have an idea for you: try front squats. They are generally easier to hit depth on.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I always stop above parralell it is a hard habit for me to break. I got real stiff hamstrings and knee tendonitis. So I usually stay away from squats. At the gym I go to there is this machine where you are laying back at a angle and then you squat I do that all the time.
That is a seated leg press, it is completely different

Old 07-16-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
eh......you gotta squat. Just do it. Stretch, lower the weights, do whatever you need to to perform actual squats that at the very least hit parallel. Unless a doctor advises against it it is pretty much a necessity.

Actually, I have an idea for you: try front squats. They are generally easier to hit depth on.
Stretching is what I would've recommended if you didn't. I used to think that I didn't need to stretch. I don't need to really, but if I want to do as well as I can, as well as recover from muscle soreness faster, I need to stretch. I stretch every time I work out before and after. My buddy laughs and thinks you look stupid, but he looks stupid walking around for three days all sore, barely walking or not able to touch his shoulders...

Old 07-16-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I run for about 10-15 minutes and then stretch for like 10 minutes before I even think about lifting.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to sign up for some yoga classes
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I'm going to sign up for some yoga classes
I did yoga with my students back when I was teaching Tae Kwon Do classes. Its pretty useful if you do it right and take it seriously.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
That is a seated leg press, it is completely different
no it is a squat variation. It isnt like this

I will try to find a picture of it

It is a hack squat machine

Old 07-16-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been using SuperPump 250 and it has enabled me to blow through my workouts without being dead tired allowing me to do some extra abs or cardio. Just one thing, you will destroy that bathroom when you get back from the gym. You don't feel your stomach hurting until your done your workout, well that's for me anyway.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I had a nice cheat day today. It was pretty sweet. I ate healthy like all day, but I felt it coming on. It started when I got back from deadlift day at the gym and had a few pretzels, figured it wouldnt hurt. I now have a stomach ache from copious amounts of pasta, yodells, cookie dough ice cream, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
no it is a squat variation. It isnt like this

I will try to find a picture of it

It is a hack squat machine

I still wouldnt replace squats with it. There is no stabilization of the weight on machines, thats the issue. It also lock you into a specific ROM and is more likely to cause injuries.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ok thanks I will just stick to regular squats.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I always do boxing style stuff. Heavy Bag, Jump Rope, etc. are big parts of my cardio.
Anything I should do on the heavy bag to start out? I'm not really in good shape right now n I don't want to over do it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote