Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 07-18-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMAO. Who needs David Wright? We got Rich ******* Aurilia.

BTW, I'm apologizing in advance for the upcoming Giants/Mets series. That one should set the record for boring.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
LMAO. Who needs David Wright? We got Rich ******* Aurilia.

BTW, I'm apologizing in advance for the upcoming Giants/Mets series. That one should set the record for boring.
Haha you could have been nice about it. I set runs scored for both teams in the whole series at 8 1/2.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Haha you could have been nice about it. I set runs scored for both teams in the whole series at 8 1/2.
Well, I phrased that wrong. I'd trade all kinds of stuff to get David Wright. I just wanted to make fun of the Giants cause they are causing me much anger tonight. And for some reason, Rich Aurilia is the right-handed platoon at first base. He's got to be the worst first-baseman in all of baseball. I'm embarrassed.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the current roster, aside from Pablo, Lincecum, Cain, Schierholtz, and Wilson, I'd probably trade any one on the roster. However, I wouldn't dare trade any of our top prospects. This isn't the Bonds era, we dont need to mortgage the future to win now, especially with aces as young as Cain and Timmy.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Well, I phrased that wrong. I'd trade all kinds of stuff to get David Wright. I just wanted to make fun of the Giants cause they are causing me much anger tonight. And for some reason, Rich Aurilia is the right-handed platoon at first base. He's got to be the worst first-baseman in all of baseball. I'm embarrassed.
They need to DFA his ass and bring up Guzman.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants have just aquired Ryan Garko from the Indians for Single-A pitcher Scott Barnes. Garko is .285 with 11HR and 39 RBIs in 78 games

Old 07-28-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the trade, Garko is definitely a bigger bat then Ishi. Hopefully, this will help us get back in front of Colorado.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the trade, love it if they can add Freddy Sanchez as well.
http://twitter.com/SI_JonHeyman/status/2895689532
Another rumor, from Heyman, is SF turned down J Sanchez for Nick Johnson to the Nats.

Also with RJ out, for maybe the rest of the year, is it time to turn to the Mad Bomber (Bumgardner) or to you guys think it is too early to rush him up? Personally, looking down in Fresno, nobody really jumps out and I think it would be a good way to solidify the rotation.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 07-30-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Change the whole "love" thing to "extremely short sighted." Thanks Sabs!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Worst. GM. Ever.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:37 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

freddy sanchez was a good pick up, but for alderson? ugh. why give up no 2 or 3 starter for a 31 yr old? that being said sanchez will be a welcome addition to the lineup. he hits tons of doubles, which is a good thing in our ballpark. i would have preferred johnson than garko but both are good. this still doesnt fix the fact that there is no cleanup hitter.

on a night of questionalble transactions in the bay area, the warriors traded marco bellinelli for devean george. hmmmmmmmmm
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:16 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez View Post
freddy sanchez was a good pick up, but for alderson? ugh. why give up no 2 or 3 starter for a 31 yr old? that being said sanchez will be a welcome addition to the lineup. he hits tons of doubles, which is a good thing in our ballpark. i would have preferred johnson than garko but both are good. this still doesnt fix the fact that there is no cleanup hitter.

on a night of questionalble transactions in the bay area, the warriors traded marco bellinelli for devean george. hmmmmmmmmm
Thought the same thing, yesterday turned into battle of the crappy bay area trades. Losing Alderson was brutal but Devean George is very close to the anti-christ. I absolutely did not want that guy anywhere near the Warriors.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
freddy sanchez was a good pick up, but for alderson? ugh.
Exactly, we traded an injured, over thehill all-star for a prospect who was 20-6 over has last two season's. Explain this to me, because I don't get it.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Exactly, we traded an injured, over thehill all-star for a prospect who was 20-6 over has last two season's. Explain this to me, because I don't get it.
The only explanation is that the Giants have depth at pitcher, and they wanted to trade away depth to upgrade their 2B. Sanchez doesn't have upside at this point, but I think he will pay some dividends and isn't the 37 year old veteran that Sabean normally brings in. Garko has some upside, and I looked at his career stats and notes with optimism, but we're trying to win NOW, and I'm not sure a platoon 1B that will hit 6th and a weak fill-in RF is what the G-Men need to do that. We'll see, but I don't blame Sabean for trading depth for need. At least the Giants didn't just sit back and do nothing. Hopefully these guys can bring in some veteran leadership to help balance the youth on the team, though neither Garko or Sanchez are playoff veterans either....sigh.....

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I don't blame Sabean for trading depth for need.
There are numerous 2nd basemen that would have been an upgrade that would have cost us less. I mean, if they wanted to get a hitter, I guarantee that Hank Blalock would have cost us about the same, given the desperate need for pitching that the Rangers have, and he can play 1B.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
There are numerous 2nd basemen that would have been an upgrade that would have cost us less.
This may be true, but they still traded depth for need. I don't necessarily agree on the exact depth that was traded (Alderson) but I can understand the move.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 07-30-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Man, I'm exhausted from going through this Alderson fiasco in the MLB thread. Don't think I can do it again in this thread. Let me just say that the trading "depth for need" idea is a big fallacy. Yeah, we have good pitching depth. That doesn't mean you trade pitchers away for less than they're worth. That's just plain dumb. The fact is, that Alderson could have been used to get a legitimate bat middle-of-the-order bat instead of a non-power bat.

And trading for Sanchez 2 days before the deadline was just ridiculous. Sabean couldn't understand that Pittsburgh would be forced to practically give Sanchez away at the very last minute, rather than be on the hook for his $8M salary next year? So instead we trade early, give up a top prospect AND Pittsburgh eats ZERO of his salary. That's beyond terrible. Sabean really ****** us over on that one.

Check the sig

Old 07-30-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I see your point Borat, and I love your sig.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I see your point Borat, and I love your sig.
Gah. I wish it weren't true. It kills me inside.

At least the team is much better now. But damn, our future got a nice kick in the nuts. We'll be OK though. The system is still strong and I'm sure we'll continue to rape the draft and hopefully keep picking up promising International free agents.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I was kind of hoping one or two of our pitchers would be good enough to come up and we could have some ridiculously young and stacked rotation.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

I did read a little more about alderson and apparently he isnt looking as good this year as he was supposed to. His velocity has dropped across the board. sorry about lack of a link, but one columnist concluded that his regression this year is the reason why they couldnt get higher value.
with Randy Johnson on the 60 day DL, im not as sold on the giants' rotation. sadowski will be inconsistent as well as sanchez, and of course we know about zito.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
he isnt looking as good this year as he was supposed to. His velocity has dropped across the board. sorry about lack of a link, but one columnist concluded that his regression this year is the reason why they couldnt get higher value.
where did you read this/can you provide a link?

Old 08-08-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Losing to the Reds last night was terrible. What the **** happened in the 9th?

Old 08-08-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

CJ, just watch the video: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290807126

/facepalm

Brian Wilson, if you are going to rock that stupid hair cut, dont **** games up.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

I don't know what you guys are talking about. The Giants didn't play last night. There was no game. I swear. There was no game. I mean it. Weird huh? Also, there was no World Series in 2002 either.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Barry Zito's hit single "A Man's Gotta Do", watch out John Mayer:
http://thedirty.com/2009/08/07/dirty...mans-gotts-do/

Oh yeah, BEAT LA!