Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-16-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I like him more than Brennan. I don't think Morris ever starts if he comes here but he has solid tools to work with.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is lamar miller going to be your guys' next stud RB?
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
RiDLer80
Rookie

RiDLer80 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
is lamar miller going to be your guys' next stud RB?
Right now from I heard from the spring, Mike James looks the part right now.

Also did anybody see on Rivals that Clive Wafford there's a decent chance he commits next week?
RiDLer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Buxton commited. Now im never 1 to look at stars, but the guy didnt even start. Im kind of confused. No, im really confused if that height and 4.9 40 is correct(It cant be). I wont judge him cus I havent seen his film.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Meh, I like him more than Brennan. I don't think Morris ever starts if he comes here but he has solid tools to work with.
Agreed. I was never a big Brennan fan.

Have heard good things on Morris and I do like him more then Brennan but he's likely a Derrick Crudup type for us.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
Buxton commited. Now im never 1 to look at stars, but the guy didnt even start. Im kind of confused. No, im really confused if that height and 4.9 40 is correct(It cant be). I wont judge him cus I havent seen his film.
4.89 40 isn't right. He ran it on a bum ankle that was supposedly sprained pretty badly.

Reports out of the Nike 7-7 camp said Buxton tore it up out there before Pahokee was kicked out.

I know alot of people are high on Buxton, they just wanted to see more before coming with an offer.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

3 commits in 3 days. Has anyone heard whats going on with Devonta' Davis? His film was alot more impressive then I thought.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...ruitId%3d77941
Old 07-20-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
3 commits in 3 days. Has anyone heard whats going on with Devonta' Davis? His film was alot more impressive then I thought.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...ruitId%3d77941
I love Kacy Rodgers. He's exactly the type of corner that Randy has been looking for and somebody that we've been missing since Antrel Rolle was here.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is kind of random but is Jimmy Graham still playing football or did he give it up. If so how is he doing? Any chance to play this year?

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Updated:

QB- Stephen Morris, Miami Shores (FL) Monsignor Pace (3*)
RB- Darion Hall, Naples (FL) Lely (3*)

RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
FB- Maurice Hagens, Tampa (FL) Tampa Bay Tech (3*)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100)
WR- Allen Hurns, Miami (FL) Carol City (3*)
WR- Sean Tapley, Jacksonville (FL) Raines (3*)
TE- Alex Smith, Cincinnati (OH) Lakota West (4* Rivals250)
TE- Clive Walford, Belle Glades (FL) Glades Central (3*)
OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central (3*)
OL- Jonathan Feliciano, Davie (FL) Western (3*)
OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250)
OL- Malcolm Bunche, New Berlin (NY) Milford Prep (NR)

OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)(UA)

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)(UA)
DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)(UA)

DE- Dominque Easley, Staten Island (NY) Curtis (4* Rivals250)
LB- Travis Williams, Norfolk (VA) Lake Taylor (4* Rivals250)
LB- Kevin Nelson, Gainesville (FL) Gainesville (3*)
LB- Javarie Johnson, Washington (DC) Dunbar HS (4* Rivals250)
CB- Jeremy Davis, Fort Myers (FL) Fort Myers (3*)
CB- Kacy Rodgers, Southlake (TX) Carroll (3*)
CB- Raheam Buxton, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (NR)

CB- Keion Payne, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (3*)
S- Lorenzo Waters, Hyattsville (MD) DeMatha (3*)

Other Options:

RB- Tevin Drake, Brooksville (FL) Nature Coast (3*)
RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
TE- David Perry, Ft Lauderdale (FL) University School (3*)
TE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100)
WR- Kadron Boone, Ocala (FL) Trinty Catholic (4* Rivals250)
OL- Arie Kouandjio, Hyattsville (MD) DeMatha (4*)
OL- Daryl Williams, Corinth (TX) Lake Dallas (3*)
DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)(UA)
LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson (3*)
LB- Michael Taylor, Atlanta (GA) Westlake (3*)(UA)
LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100)(UA)
CB- Cliff Coleman, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (3*)
CB- Terrence Mitchell, Tampa (FL) Hillsborough (4* Rivals100)
CB- Devont’a Davis, Gainesville (FL) Gainesville (3*)
S - Greg Dent, Belle Glades (FL) Glades Central (3*)
Old 08-03-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be disappointed in that class. You can't miss out on the two best players in Dade County (Joyner and Lemonier) and expect to get back to elite level if you are the University of Miami.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I would be disappointed in that class. You can't miss out on the two best players in Dade County (Joyner and Lemonier) and expect to get back to elite level if you are the University of Miami.

x2. I would be dissapointed in the defensive side of the class, but not because of those 2 guys. Im really high on Easley, and actually like him better then Lemonier. The ony thing I really like about that defensive class is Chandler, Easley, Johnson, and maybe Davis. Rodgers could be good too, but not really my kind of player(Havent seen enough film, but heard hes not very agressive). Still overall not even close to the 2008 class, who a lot of people said it would be better.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:51 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fellas.. the highs and lows this season could provide in terms of recruiting is ridiculous.. If we have a great season, we'll be able to sign pretty much anyone.. if we have another mediocre season, it's going to get even harder than it is now to sign the top local kids. We HAVE to show marked improvement this year. Shannon's honeymoon is over. This team has got to grow up fast and show that the talent is back.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well like they, success breeds success. This is definitely a make or break season when it comes to the success and direction of the program. Will they be mediocre again or will they take that next step and become a true contender for the ACC Championship. Shannon is going into his third year and this year he needs to deliver. I believe he will. The schedule is killer but if they can come out of the first 4 games with a 2-2 record, they'll be in a nice postion heading into conference play. The three toughest conference games are in the first three weeks of the season and after that they should be able to roll through the rest of the coastal divison.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

I really think the only game I will truly feel we are legitimate underdogs is the Oklahoma game.

You've gotta believe we'll be better at stopping the option this year. Not to mention I don't think FSU or VT is all that great compared to us. We'll still have to execute and play well, but 3-1 coming out of that stretch is realistic. The factor is how the team responds on the road. I think we're just as good as FSU and VT but those environments can rattle any team.

Now, by the time we get to games 3 and 4, will we have enough left in the tank? That's the coaching staff's responsibility to get these guys prepared.

If I were to bet on the outcome, I'd probably say 2-2. Mental letdowns after the big 4 game stretch must be avoided as well, pointing to the Clemson game and @ Wake Forest with a senior qb.

I'd almost bet my life we roll over North Carolina this year, which should be our toughest game after Halloween.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

CaneSport says possibly Jakhari Gore could go preferred walk on status and have Frank pay his first year of tuition
Old 08-17-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Canes pick up Tyrone Cornelius tonight.

http://miami.rivals.com/
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:38 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Great story

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/c...6580155.column
Old 08-18-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Cooper is not seriously injured.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4406739
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Fellas.. the highs and lows this season could provide in terms of recruiting is ridiculous.. If we have a great season, we'll be able to sign pretty much anyone.. if we have another mediocre season, it's going to get even harder than it is now to sign the top local kids. We HAVE to show marked improvement this year. Shannon's honeymoon is over. This team has got to grow up fast and show that the talent is back.
I agree with this statement more than any other in this thread.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Maybe this is the reason we quit recruiting Bryce Brown after signing day.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4408191

Tennessee can have him.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Ojomo punched in face by walk on, will likely miss entire season via CaneSport due to broken jaw
Old 08-19-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I really think the only game I will truly feel we are legitimate underdogs is the Oklahoma game.

You've gotta believe we'll be better at stopping the option this year. Not to mention I don't think FSU or VT is all that great compared to us. We'll still have to execute and play well, but 3-1 coming out of that stretch is realistic. The factor is how the team responds on the road. I think we're just as good as FSU and VT but those environments can rattle any team.

Now, by the time we get to games 3 and 4, will we have enough left in the tank? That's the coaching staff's responsibility to get these guys prepared.

If I were to bet on the outcome, I'd probably say 2-2. Mental letdowns after the big 4 game stretch must be avoided as well, pointing to the Clemson game and @ Wake Forest with a senior qb.

I'd almost bet my life we roll over North Carolina this year, which should be our toughest game after Halloween.
This is like word for word what I've been saying/thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolnaballa View Post
Maybe this is the reason we quit recruiting Bryce Brown after signing day.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4408191

Tennessee can have him.
There's a history of this stuff being swept under the rug.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

+ rep to anyone who finds me that picture where the whole defense is swarming Greg Boone in the VaTech game.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

around 1:15, not a picture, but you can take a print scrn and then go from there.