Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 06-02-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Keith breaks down roster...

Oh yeah...it's really truckin' long.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, since this forum has been dead for about 10 days or so, I figured I'd pose a question. Any chance we're interested in Jeremy Jarmon in the supplemental draft? And if so, what round do you think we start to get interested in him?
Old 06-17-2009, 06:48 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldnt use anything more than a 6th on him given the difficulty in learning the position
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
So, since this forum has been dead for about 10 days or so, I figured I'd pose a question. Any chance we're interested in Jeremy Jarmon in the supplemental draft? And if so, what round do you think we start to get interested in him?
Doesn't he have a failed drug test or two?

I'm with Steph. A 6th at the earliest, and that's only if Wash falls in love with the guy.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't heard anything about multiple failed tests, just the recent one that made him lose his eligibility. He says it was an over the counter thing that got him in trouble. If he's telling the truth I wouldn't mind using a fifth on him. He seems like he's got some starter potential at LE for a 4-3 I think. Of course I don't expect him to be selected by the Titans at all. It would be interesting though.

Also.......................... I CANT WAIT FOR TRAINING CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Also.......................... I CANT WAIT FOR TRAINING CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know dude! Curse you offseason!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:55 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am so depressed with the lack of football right now :(
Old 06-20-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
i am so depressed with the lack of football right now :(
Do what I did and find yourself a coping mechanism! Voodoo already found mine out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey
I liked your pokemon draft.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I've personally taken up basket weaving and bird watching..................
Old 06-22-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I've personally taken up basket weaving and bird watching..................
Very nice. I've been cleaning my room over the past few days. It's crazy.

Also, you guys hear a Pittsburgh fan mailed a Terrible Towel to Keith Bulluck's house with the final score of the Super Bowl on it? Way to give the emotional leader of the team additional motivation, Steelers fan! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Also, you guys hear a Pittsburgh fan mailed a Terrible Towel to Keith Bulluck's house with the final score of the Super Bowl on it? Way to give the emotional leader of the team additional motivation, Steelers fan! :D
That's funny. It wouldn't offend me at all if I was a Titan though. It's not like they got their revenge on us themselves. They had to celebrate the fact that an arch rival did their dirty work for them. And why would they send it to Bulluck? I only remember Kearse, White, and Scaife stomping on it.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:54 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

pokemon fire red and yugioh on the ps1 is getting me by. a long with a lot of tennis
Old 06-23-2009, 07:56 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And why would they send it to Bulluck? I only remember Kearse, White, and Scaife stomping on it.
Uhem...

;)

Here's a link about it: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true . Some key quotes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Bulluck
"So you tell me if I'm on their mind," Bulluck said Friday after a Titans minicamp session. "Look at the date. It's like a week and a half after they won the Super Bowl. So you tell me if I'm a marked man. You know what? I can't wait until we go to Pittsburgh."...

..."In all due respect, after we win, I definitely will not be stomping on any towels," Bulluck said. "That's just utter disrespect. The only reason why it happened was because they came into our house waving their 15,000 towels or whatever, and they travel well. They're a proud organization. Steeler Nation they are, but we're not too worried about it."
Love the bolded part! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenDale White
"I've seen the Big Ben Roethlisberger sandwich on TV, so if anybody wants to freeze and send one over, I'll be more than happy to eat it," White said of the sandwich named for Pittsburgh's quarterback.
Oh LenWhale... j00 mekkin me lulz.

But seriously, we wouldn't stomp the towel if we win again. Bulluck nailed it in one of his quotes. It was more of a, "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!" statement than rubbing it in their faces. Terrible Towels blanketing the stands is expected in Pittsburgh, so there'd be no point in doing it up there.

I can see CJ whipping out his hand towel and swinging it around in the endzone after he scores again like last season. Other than that... *shrug*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I stand corrected. :)
Old 06-23-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lay the lumber Keith this upcoming season

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:01 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Keith stays a Titan for the rest of his career. Great player and leader

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, supposedly LenDale has lost 20-25 lbs according to Michael Wilbon of PTI. Surprising to say the least, maybe he will finally keep it off

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my updated prediction/commentary on the Titans' opening day roster...

--QB--
1. Kerry Collins
2. Vince Young
3. Patrick Ramsey
The Titans seem poised to enter this season with 3 QBs on active roster, which is a little uncharacteristic for them in recent years. Mostly, this is because of uncertainty surrounding VY's future with the team. I doubt that Ramsey is the heir-apparent starter here; however, at only age 30 and with a strong arm and a familiarity with Heimerdinger's offense, Ramsey could become the team's long-term backup.

--RB/FB--
1. Chris Johnson
2. Lendale White
3. Javon Ringer
4. Ahmard Hall (FB)
One of the most talked about topics of the Titans' offseason is White's well-publicized weight-loss. Still a large RB at 230-ish lbs. and with nimble feet, I think White could be set for his best all-around season thus far -- though I don't see him unseating CJ for the starting gig. The #3 spot will be a tough battle, mostly between Ringer and Rafael Little. But I think Ringer's a bit more of an all-purpose RB than Little and narrowly wins the job.

--WR--
1. Justin Gage
2. Nate Washington
3. Kenny Britt
4. Lavelle Hawkins
5. Chris Davis
The top 2 spots are pretty set, I think. However, it's a free-for-all after that. Britt's safe because the team will have a bunch of money invested in him. Though he apparently had problems learning the playbook last season, Hawkins will likely make the team because of his athleticism. Everything I've heard so far has made it seem like Chris Davis is looking really good in workouts this offseason -- don't be surprised if he manages to squeeze onto the roster (especially because he knows Heimerdinger's offense, which gives him an edge over some of the rookies).

--TE--
1. Bo Scaife
2. Alge Crumpler
3. Craig Stevens
4. Jared Cook
The influx at TE will allow the Titans to be creative with their TEs in the passing game. Look for Scaife and Cook to be the pass-catchers, Crumpler to be the blocking TE, and Stevens to be a good ST contributor (and next year's replacement for Crumpler).

--OL--
1. Michael Roos
2. David Stewart
3. Jake Scott
4. Eugene Amano
5. Kevin Mawae
6. Leroy Harris
7. Troy Kropog
8. Mike Otto
The starters are set, but don't be surprised if Harris makes a strong push for more playing time. I think Otto makes the roster because Munchak seems to like him and he's the surest reserve left-tackle that we have right now (in the event that something happened to Roos...hopefully not). Kropog offers a lot of versatility, as he can play OG or OT.

--DE--
1. Kyle Vanden Bosch
2. Jevon Kearse
3. Jacob Ford
4. David Ball
5. William Hayes
The Titans seem like they're really trying to sign KVB to an extension, which may encourage him to play even more intensely this season (which is hard to imagine). Kearse played much better than I expected last season, but I think Ford's a better option at this point in his career -- though I expect the Titans's coaches, as usual, to remain loyal to the old vet. Both Ball & Hayes will also see time in the rotation. Basically, expect all of these guys to contribute and make plays at some point this season.

--DT--
1. Tony Brown
2. Jason Jones
3. Jovan Haye
4. Kevin Vickerson
5. Sen'Derrick Marks
Our top 3 DTs are light but quick. And although completely replacing Haynesworth will be difficult, I think the trio of Brown, Jones, and Haye have the penetrating ability to wreak havoc in the backfield against most teams. Vickerson and Marks are the big bodies of the interior DL rotation and will need to play a big role in short-yardage situations. Though he hasn't warranted much discussion, I personally think Jovan Haye is THE most important signing this offseason: if he plays like last season, our DL will struggle; if he's plays like 2007, our DL will be monstrous.

--LB--
1. Keith Bulluck
2. David Thornton
3. Stephen Tulloch
4. Ryan Fowler
5. Stanford Keglar
6. Gerald McRath
Bulluck & Thornton will be expected to anchor the LB crew again this year. Tulloch looked better last season to me, but I'm still unsure if he's cut out for MLB or if he'd be better suited at OLB. A lot of uncertainties with the depth here -- whether any of these guys could step in and contribute if something happened to Bulluck or Thornton.

--CB--
1. Cortland Finnegan
2. Nick Harper
3. Ryan Mouton
4. Cary Williams
5. DeMarcus Faggins
Finnegan's great, but can Harper be a contributor for one more season? Quite a gamble here by the Titans. Mouton supposedly has fantastic burst and might be able to contribute as a KR/PR in a pinch. Faggins makes the roster because of his experience rather than his talent. Cary Williams is a very intriguing player -- from what I've read, he's EASILY the most physically gifted CB on roster, but can he master the mental parts of the game and stay healthy (something he hasn't been able to do yet)?

--S--
1. Michael Griffin
2. Chris Hope
3. Vincent Fuller (NCB)
4. Donnie Nickey
Griffin and Hope make up maybe the best S duo in the NFL. Fuller's a solid backup and provides nice flexibility at the nickel CB spot -- evident from the Titans prioritizing his re-signing this offseason. Nickey's a ST contributor but that's pretty much it.

--ST--
1. Rob Bironas (K)
2. Craig Hentrich (P)
3. Ken Amato (LS/LB)
4. Mark Jones (KR/PR/WR)
Bironas is one of the best in the league. Hentrich is clearly at the end of his career; however, the Titans have made clear that he'll be a member of the team for as long as he wants to be. Amato's a decent LS and can play LB in a pinch. Jones's spot seems secure -- he's easily the safest play at KR/PR, which is what the Titans's seem to value most from that position (and, better yet, I've heard that he's not that bad of a WR either, though I can't verify that).

--PS--
RB Rafael Little
WR Dominique Edison
WR Dudley Guice
OL Ryan Durand
DT Mitch King
CB Jason McCourty
P A.J. Trepasso
I think this is Little's last year of eligibility for the PS -- though I could be wrong about that. Edison & Guice both have a lot of potential and would be nice WRs to develop. Durand is a versatile OL. Though undersized, King was a standout DT in college and seems like the type of penetrating lineman that the Titans like in the interior. I think Cary Williams and DeMarcus Faggins will edge out McCourty for a spot, but don't be surprised if he's promoted at some point this season. Maybe a bit of a surprise, but I think the Titans might keep an extra punter this season on the PS because of Hentrich's recurring injury problems in recent seasons.

Just my $.02...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Anyone else going to training camp this year? I'll probably go at least a couple of times.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone else going to training camp this year? I'll probably go at least a couple of times.
Where is TC being held at this year??

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Where is TC being held at this year??
Baptist Sports Park
Old 07-28-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
--WR--
1. Justin Gage
2. Nate Washington
3. Kenny Britt
4. Lavelle Hawkins
5. Chris Davis
The top 2 spots are pretty set, I think. However, it's a free-for-all after that. Britt's safe because the team will have a bunch of money invested in him. Though he apparently had problems learning the playbook last season, Hawkins will likely make the team because of his athleticism. Everything I've heard so far has made it seem like Chris Davis is looking really good in workouts this offseason -- don't be surprised if he manages to squeeze onto the roster (especially because he knows Heimerdinger's offense, which gives him an edge over some of the rookies).

Just my $.02...
I'd include either Mark Jones or Paul Williams because of their special teams ability. Jones is the only proven PR/KR we really have, and Paul Williams plays on return coverage and even started at WR once last season. I think Jones has the better chance of the two.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Baptist Sports Park
I might go. Not sure though I got school and I'm in Alaska now.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Titans waived DT Derrick Jones and OG Ryan Schmidt.

2nd RD pick Sen'Derrick Marks has signed a 4-year deal. Britt is the only Titans Rookie who hasn't signed yet. (Link.)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'd include either Mark Jones or Paul Williams because of their special teams ability. Jones is the only proven PR/KR we really have, and Paul Williams plays on return coverage and even started at WR once last season. I think Jones has the better chance of the two.
I did include Mark Jones. I just have him listed at the bottom under ST rather than WR because I figure he'll play a bigger role in the return game than the passing game.

I think Paul Williams is a goner.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote