Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having him get 4 weeks of training, practice, study before he actually takes NFL pounding is a good idea.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a good idea but Goddell didn't do that to help ease the transition back to an NFL schedule.
He did it to be a dick- he did it bc he didn't want the animal lovers to **** on him for looking like he just welcomed him back with open arms.
The man did 2 yrs in jail and you're going to add on potentially 6 more games? Why?
What does that prove? He's just saving his own ass, nothing else.

With everything Goddell's done- I hate him. I like that his "power" is being evaluated for the new collective bargaining agreement. I love it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4360661

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jags?

Quote:
Sam Farmer of the LA Times writes on Twitter that he's hearing free agent Michael Vick signing with the Jaguars "is looking more and more real."
Another report had Vick specifically eying the 49ers and Redskins, but both of those teams have denied interest. Jacksonville has made a ton of sense all along, and has been called a likely landing spot by NFL Network's Mike Lombardi on multiple occasions. At the least, Vick could be upgrade over David Garrard's current backup, 37-year-old journeyman Todd Bouman.
roto

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO!!! whats with Boeckman :/

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Mike Vick goes to Jacksonville, I will literally jizz in my pants.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Purely for the reaction on the forum that we would see from Unseen and YFS, I want to see Vick end up there. Also, it does make a lot of sense. Del Rio seems like a guy that would work well as his coach.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind Vick on the Vikings. He would better than Brett Favre. On the other hand, I believe that he will go to New England. New England has proven that they are not afraid to take a chance on a guy who has had a shady past. Aka, Moss. I think that Vick could find a future home in New England, especially if Brady hurts his knee again. Or if the knee isn't 100%. I have a feeling since Miami destroyed New England in the Wildcat formation, Bellicheck has to be thinking that he could whip something amazing up with Vick lined up at QB and Brady lined up at WR. It is just a perfect match.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
If Mike Vick goes to Jacksonville, I will literally jizz in my pants.
I really think that the possibility is there that he'll end up in Jax. Seems like a good fit as far as the offensive scheme and the Jags like to run the ball and Vick would really help make their run game more dynamic.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
It's a good idea but Goddell didn't do that to help ease the transition back to an NFL schedule.
He did it to be a dick- he did it bc he didn't want the animal lovers to **** on him for looking like he just welcomed him back with open arms.
The man did 2 yrs in jail and you're going to add on potentially 6 more games? Why?
What does that prove? He's just saving his own ass, nothing else.

With everything Goddell's done- I hate him. I like that his "power" is being evaluated for the new collective bargaining agreement. I love it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4360661
I don't necessarily agree with Goodell's ruling but I can understand it. Vick has served his debt to society, but he hasn't served punishment for CoC violations. It sucks, but every NFL player knows if they break the law they get hit twice, it's not like Vick could've expected anything different from the NFL.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens discussing...?

Quote:
A day after GM Ozzie Newsome denied interest in Michael Vick, head coach John Harbaugh acknowledged that the Ravens have discussed the conditionally reinstated free agent.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gaaahhh, redskins1! please. id love it.

if there is one qb i want other than jason campbell its vick. friiiick.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:35 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
gaaahhh, redskins1! please. id love it.

if there is one qb i want other than jason campbell its vick. friiiick.
I forget the name of your GM... Vinny something. He already shot down that they won't be looking at Vick.

I think Seattle could be a possibility with Jim Mora now the HC there. Seattle is a place away from the bright lights of the media. He could really thrive there. Hasselbeck is a constant healthy risk and I could see him starting off as a back up or in special packages and doing fine as he reinserts himself into the league slowly. He could put more people in the stands there, than scare away fans. I just think the Seattle grunge culture there just wouldn't care that much about his blemished past.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:49 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Cerrato said no already.

Mora has always had a boner for Vick and Hasselbeck being able to take it easy when dinged up would be nice for him.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come to Jacksonville PLEASEEEEEEEEE
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would Mora bring in Vick? Vick was the reason he lost that job in the first place.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really want that guy to succeed.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think this team even runs Wildcat but this would such a sick backfield and I think would be a great place for Vick.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I don't think this team even runs Wildcat but this would such a sick backfield and I think would be a great place for Vick.

It might be a homer statement, but behind our line, put the philly offense in 3 backs and a QB, stewart, Williams, Goodson and Vick. Run a 4 man option.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I thought Goodell would go with the short suspension thing. I really don't see the point of it. In fact, it may make things worse - now in the middle of the season attention will go to Vick instead of Week 5 matchups.
I agree. What's a four game suspension going to do?

In my opinion, Goodell should either let him play from the get-go or give him the boot permanently.