Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 08-02-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Zach Thomas says he and Mike Vrabel have formed an unlikely bond

Chiefs linebacker Zach Thomas said Saturday evening that he might not have expected it, but he and fellow linebacker Mike Vrabel are hitting it off.

The two used to be rivals in the AFC East, Thomas with Miami and Vrabel in New England. Back then, Thomas had a pointed opinion about his rival.

Ive always hated that guy, Thomas said with a laugh. He was in New England, and I was in Miami every year. I always thought he was a real jerk. But Ill tell you what: I really like playing beside him. Being veterans, our communication clicks.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/879

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Succop's spot not locked up yet

When the Kansas City Chiefs released Connor Barth just before the start of training camp, it appeared the competition for kicker was over. The job was rookie Ryan Succop's.

Not so fast.

Though he will get all the reps in training camp, Succop still has to earn his spot as the Chiefs kicker. Kickers at other teams' training camps, veterans waiting for another shot, even Barth-they're all still in the mix if Succop doesn't perform.

"He's got competition. His competition is just coming from guys that are out there right now, including Connor," Chiefs coach Todd Haley said. "Anything can happen."

http://www.masslive.com/sportsflash/...ylist=football

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 08-02-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Larry Johnson isn't angry anymore

Larry Johnson's career in Kansas City has been anything but peaceful.

His trademark scowl has surfaced because of playing time issues, contract problems, injuries, and trouble with the law.

For a brilliant two-and-a-half year run in from 2005-2007, he was even one of the best running backs in football.

As those days recede further in the rearview mirror, L.J. seems to be adopting a different approach: He's just happy to be there.

A cynic would say that Johnson's attitude changed the minute the Chiefs won a grievance against him, making his 2009 salary non-guaranteed because of his suspension last year.

But to his credit, Johnson understood quickly it was no longer the team's job to impress him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...angry-anymore/

Old 08-03-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

12 days until the first preseason game vs. the Texans...is everyone pumped yet?

Old 08-04-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
12 days until the first preseason game vs. the Texans...is everyone pumped yet?
Abso-freaking-lutely.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

I just seen that the Chiefs have signed WR Amani Toomer on ESPN!

Old 08-04-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just seen that the Chiefs have signed WR Amani Toomer on ESPN!
I really like this move.he gives us another reliable vet.sure he's not fast but he knows how to get open and more importantly CATCH the ball
Old 08-04-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I really like this move.he gives us another reliable vet.sure he's not fast but he knows how to get open and more importantly CATCH the ball
Haha I was just thinking how I don't like this move. We have enough "veteran" WRs on this team. We need to get younger at that position, not older.

Bowe
Bradley
Engram
Toomer?

Where is he starting? Or is he going to be a 3rd/4th?

I don't know, just seems weird is all.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Haha I was just thinking how I don't like this move. We have enough "veteran" WRs on this team. We need to get younger at that position, not older.

Bowe
Bradley
Engram
Toomer?

Where is he starting? Or is he going to be a 3rd/4th?

I don't know, just seems weird is all.
my guess is Webb might want to be worried.from every report from TC I hear the WR's drop more passes then they catch.so the more guys you can add who can catch the better.plus for a 1 yr deal it's worth the chance IMO
Old 08-04-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

I would agree that I like the hire. Yeah he is older, but the team isn't ready to shoot for a Super Bowl right now. So in the meantime, why not hire some veterans to help get us through until we are ready to aim for the title and still win some games while we are at it.

We are not exactly stacked at WR so as mentioned any new WR's who can catch I say are welcome to the team. Not to mention more influence on Dwayne Bowe to learn from some veterans around the league.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Tuesday that the club has claimed LB Vince Redd off waivers from New England. Redd (6-6, 260) played in five games and was inactive for one contest for New England in 2008 after beginning the year on the

Old 08-06-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Yesterday...we cut QB Ingle Martin and picked up QB Matt Gutierrez from NE waivers. Another Patriot! :P

Old 08-06-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Succop is the bee's knees.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Brad Biggs of NFP and Nick Wright of KCSP radio in Kansas City report that the Chiefs have agreed to terms with defensive end Tyson Jackson, the third overall pick in the 2009 draft.

Per Wright, it's a five-year deal.

The development could accelerate talks between the Seahawks and linebacker Aaron Curry, the fourth overall pick. It's widely believed that Curry and the Seahawks were waiting on Jackson and the Chiefs.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Good news. Good word is coming out of practive tha Mcgee is playing very well right now. With Jackson and Dorsey also we have the makings of a much better DLine this year.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

I see on the front page of espn.com, it says Vick a possible backup to Cassel. I don't have the espn.com insider subscription but this is not good news if it's possible in my opinion. I'm not a fan.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I see on the front page of espn.com, it says Vick a possible backup to Cassel. I don't have the espn.com insider subscription but this is not good news if it's possible in my opinion. I'm not a fan.
I don't want Vick anywhere near this team. Ever.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

OFFICIAL:

RIVER FALLS, Wis. -- The Kansas City Chiefs have signed defensive end Tyson Jackson, their first-round draft pick.

Terms of the deal weren't disclosed Friday. (my ESPN text said 5 years like 57 million) Jackson was in River Falls and headed to the practice field to take the team's conditioning test.

Jackson, the third overall pick out in April's draft, is expected to help an anemic Chiefs pass rush that set the all-time NFL record for fewest sacks in a season with 10. Jackson had 18.5 sacks and 122 tackles in 53 games at LSU.

The Chiefs waived linebacker Weston Dacus to make room on the roster.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Chiefs coach kicks WR Devard Darling out of practice

Coach Todd Haley has shown no patience for any type of mistakes on the practice field and when wide receiver Devard Darling made one at a critical time, Haley exploded. Darling's crime was to line up in the wrong place when the Chiefs were working on the victory formation, the one used when a team is trying to run out the clock to secure a late lead. Normally, players are sent running for such errors. Haley threw Darling off the practice field. "Run to the building for all I care -- and stay there," Haley yelled at Darling, who complied. Darling later tried to return, but Haley wouldn't allow that. "Take it in (to the locker room)," Haley said, pointing in that direction. -- KC Star

Let the loud coaching style BEGIN! :P

Last edited by AJHawk50 : 08-07-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Chiefs coach kicks WR Devard Darling out of practice

Coach Todd Haley has shown no patience for any type of mistakes on the practice field and when wide receiver Devard Darling made one at a critical time, Haley exploded. Darling's crime was to line up in the wrong place when the Chiefs were working on the victory formation, the one used when a team is trying to run out the clock to secure a late lead. Normally, players are sent running for such errors. Haley threw Darling off the practice field. "Run to the building for all I care -- and stay there," Haley yelled at Darling, who complied. Darling later tried to return, but Haley wouldn't allow that. "Take it in (to the locker room)," Haley said, pointing in that direction. -- KC Star

Let the loud coaching style BEGIN! :P
Another instance of someone he didn't draft or pick up getting treated like this. Hooray Haley!

Old 08-08-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Haley is that firm with all of his players. Can't show favoritism or you'll lose the locker room. I'm glad he's being rough though.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Carl Peterson's induction of No. 58 was very good. If only he could have been there tonight...very moving.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I was fine until they showed Marty
Old 08-08-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I was fine until they showed Marty
You aren't the only one...

Old 08-09-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are winning the ******* 'ship.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote